Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 15-09-2005, 09:28 PM   #1
Grabat

Smile Yet another new focus owner

Hi,

I have been lurking for a few months, using the forums to keep up with info on the LS focus. I thought I should post to say thanks to the regular forum-posters (especially zetec) as this helped me make the decision.

So thanks

I ended up going for a shiny new silver LX sedan auto with a few extras, including the reverse sensing system. I am still getting used to the focus (having come from a '97 commodore), but I can tell I am going to really enjoy the car. The handling is just so tight and precise. The drop in power from the old commodore is hardly noticable (tho the focus has to rev a bit harder to do it ! )

And so many gizmos and doo-hickeys, it'll take a month for me to learn to get maximum use out of them (the old commodore didn't even have power windows ;) )

Anyways, thanks again to the regular posters.

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 09:47 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Congrats Grabat...

I had a Ford Demo LS LX Hatch today in silver with those NSW private plates (the ones Ford are putting on all the demo cars).. The LS seems to have a few more bits then the CL, but theres not that much difference. One feature i like about the LX is the way you can put all the windows down by holding the unlock button, or up by holding the lock button, thats a good feature.

They are alot of car for the money, but finish is its sore point (this one was rough, but built in May).
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 02:16 PM   #3
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Welcome Grabat, glad we could help out. This started about 2 years ago as a group of LR Focus enthusiasts loving their cars and now we have seen the intro of the new LS, the numbers are exploding!! Don't be afraid to ask any question you like, regarding servicing, modification, anything at all, even how to operate something or fix something!!! I've done about 6,000km in various new launch models, so if you have any questions about how to adjust/operate something in your car just fire away with myself or shockwave, CDDA etc and if it's technical, just ask Timmeh :

Congrats on your new purchase, please visit www.eurofordclub.com to see our club's homepage and pics of all our cars and cruises, hopefully you're able to come along to one of our ever expanding Sydney cruises!! It's fantastic to have so many new Focus owners here by the day!!

Many happy years of motoring from all of us - WITH all of us!!

Last edited by zetec; 16-09-2005 at 02:22 PM.
zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 02:47 PM   #4
whippet_zetec
Supes

whoohoo another LS purchaser.....they will be overrunning the LR folks in no time.

Welcome Grabat....as Matt has pointed out head to www.eurofordclub.com also for even more focused information/pics/cruise and event details....enjoy your visits and happy posting.
Old 17-09-2005, 10:56 PM   #5
WASP
Whipple Induced

Welcome Grabat, great to see another LS owner (that actually has one delivered that is..hehe). These little cars are fantastic and I, like you are used to much larger more powerful vehicles. I've only done about 700km in the Zetec now but for the first time I had to take it up through the Adelaide hills to the Barossa Valley to see a client. I was pretty happy with the car before that but I'm extremely impressed with it now. Talk about rally bred, that thing drove and hung on like a demon!! I bought the car for my wife’s birthday present but she's having trouble getting it off me now!

On the more serious side the only real issues I have had so far is a slight rattle from the centre console flap under the temperature controls and no where to place my sun glasses and other things that doesn't side around on the hard plastic surfaces when driving. Other than that, it's been all good.

Last edited by WASP; 17-09-2005 at 11:03 PM.
WASP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2005, 10:57 PM   #6
WASP
Whipple Induced

Double post...opps
WASP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 08:06 PM   #7
Grabat

Thanks guys; I checked out www.eurofordclub.com ... some good pics there, you guys obviously have a lot of fun with your eurofords ;)

I took the LS LX for a spin up the F3 to Newcastle on the weekend; handled the ups and downs well on cruise control .... this is the first time I have had a car with cc, not sure if I will use it that much; it would be OK if everyone had it, otherwise, you constantly have to turn it on and off as you bank up behind traffic ?.

CDAA, I know what you mean about hanging on like a demon .... it never feels like its going to lose grip, even when you take the corners a bit faster than sensible ;-) ....

So far, very happy (even has a handy Aux in the glovebox to plug in the ipod !).

There is not much I would want to mod on it ..... maybe get the "sub-grill" (between the fog lights) painted black so it'll look a bit more like the zetec; I think that would finish off the front a bit better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image1.jpg (49.6 KB, 64 views)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post