Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 30-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #361
fonfe
RS shop's technician

Default Re: Time to mod my LV

Sorry I didn't realise the lv had a ovaly shaped one as OE.
Not sure if the boss wants to part with it, shall ask when im in on Monday for you.
If you wanted sat nv and the whole caboodle there's a post on the rs owners club forum where a fella had an iPad installed in place, I think it looks the nuts!
+sat nav on an iPad is pretty good, I clip mine into my cortina dash and run it straight to an amp for music and nav.
Old 30-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #362
ConradP

Would the sat nav version work here? I wasn't sure if they sold them here, only in the uk with their lux2 packs and all that, also I can't create and account on those forums, doesn't allow gmail emails and I don't have an ISP one :(
Old 04-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #363
ConradP

Righto just got this in the mail..

Now to decide if i'm going to vinyl wrap or plasti dip it.. Or just paint it normally, kinda want a matte black look to it.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #364
ConradP

painting
Old 08-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #365
ConradP

Went up to Winton yesterday, Few shots so far from some of the guys I went with, I myself didn't take any pics, there's some gopro footage on someone's gopro so when they upload that i'll put a link here too

Saw MR LON there too, not sure if he went on the track though.

Was a good day besides one accident and a few idiots who didn't understand the idea of a fun day.
Old 28-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #366
ConradP

Did another thick coat of paint on my spoiler, it was a bit patchy in some areas, also added a baby killing sticker.

Old 28-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #367
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Noice! Great looking machine man.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #368
ConradP

So I posted a paint version of a cosworth intake put into a old pic of my engine bay a while back.

Well.
Old 13-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #369
ConradP

So who would have thought that on the stock manifold there were butterflys that open with sensors attached to the spark lead things to further restrict the intake.

Soo when you install a cosworth one without having it properly tuned for it, it idols at 4000rmp when warming up and 2500 when at heat. :( Was a fun day of installing and then uninstalling and putting the old one back on though.
Old 13-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #370
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Geez that sucks. Nice looking manifold though.

I've have read on the US forums that you need a custom tune as soon as one of those are fitted.

Have you considered doing the cams as well? That cossie manifold is designed to work specifically with their cams and you might as well get those done at the same time if you're going to get a tune anyway.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #371
ConradP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZFord
Geez that sucks. Nice looking manifold though.

I've have read on the US forums that you need a custom tune as soon as one of those are fitted.

Have you considered doing the cams as well? That cossie manifold is designed to work specifically with their cams and you might as well get those done at the same time if you're going to get a tune anyway.

I'd love to get them, they're just so damn expensive, I got this one off ebay some guy who had a xr4 fiesta supercharged was parting out all the goodies so got it rather cheap compared to one new.

I'd prefer to finally get a propper exhaust manifold and high flow car done before going for proper internal work on the car, it's all a matter of funds that and the tune isn't going to be cheap.

Might I add, it looked so awesome in the engine bay, my phone died before we had it all fitted so i got no pics, only with no manifold there. I was using it at a light while underneath(i was the skinnier guy so got all the fun tight work haha.)
Old 13-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #372
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Did you get it painted yourself or did the guy already have it painted? Shame you didn't get any pics!
Old 14-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #373
ConradP

Quote:
Did you get it painted yourself or did the guy already have it painted? Shame you didn't get any pics!
The bloke who I bought it off had it painted in a heat proofing paint and a black top coat, it also came with a thermal gasket.

Got onto blue power near me and am going to take it by them early next week and then hopefully work something out.
Old 14-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #374
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All the best with it - I'm sure they'll look after you well. Let us know how it all goes.

PS Don't be worried if you loose some low down torque with that manifold. It is a common thing reported in the US forums. It's due to the short runner length on the manifold, which sacrificies low down torque for upper RPM horsepower. I've heard that it if it is tuned properly, you shouldn't loose too much torque.

Last edited by DZFord; 14-08-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 14-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #375
ConradP

Quote:
All the best with it - I'm sure they'll look after you well. Let us know how it all goes.

PS Don't be worried if you loose some low down torque with that manifold. It is a common thing reported in the US forums. It's due to the short runner length on the manifold, which sacrificies low down torque for upper RPM horsepower. I've heard that it if it is tuned properly, you shouldn't loose too much torque.
Yeah I heard that, but also the thermal gasket is pretty damn thick, like almost 1cm thick, so that adds a little more length haha.
Old 16-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #376
ConradP

Quote:

Yeah I heard that, but also the thermal gasket is pretty damn thick, like almost 1cm thick, so that adds a little more length haha.
Old 16-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #377
Kizza675
Starter Motor

Looking awesome conrad !

I've finally got a bit of a payrise and have the spare to look at doing up my focus again.
I've found a K&N CAI from european parts just not sure if it will indeed fit my focus.
http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...oducts_id/1103

for reference i have a 2010 Zetec Manual hatch, LV MK2 (i think its MKII)

being in WA everything comes at a premium as its miles from the real world...
Old 16-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #378
Kizza675
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradP
Yeah, my silver painted stuff has scratches all around the gear shift area, wish it wasn't so expensive to buy the stuff, if this guy still has it all from the xr5 I'd love to take it off his hands

If you're going for a more 'stock' or genuine look an XR5 head unit would be ideal, i've got a pioner AV unit in mine, admittedly the black custom surround to fit the focus interior was pricey but it has all the toys, GPS (with upgradeable/interchangeable maps via SD) option for reverse camera and TV antenna, ipod, bluetooth DVD etc, and for about $250 you can get the plugin to connect the steering column mounted audio controls.

The whole kit for mine inc install came to about 2k (plus sub+amp)
Warning though, the area behind the unit is cramped due to the focus being a compact car so you need to be careful installing or fiddling as an errant soldering iron can cause issues :S
Old 11-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #379
ConradP

So turns out that the car can't be dyno'd without being properly setup, went to a dyno day at springy performance yesterday and they couldn't get it to work without having to go through all the computer crap, so didn't get to find out the numbers :(

There was a 2010 fiesta there that worked though. Pulled 79kw atw, i was impressed, was thinking i'd only get that or a bit more from mine, it was the 1.6 manual.
Old 16-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #380
pcdougie
Da_Focus

Hi Guys
Sorry, very late on this thread but thinking the same as ConradP, but I have an LS sedan. Already done the 2.25 cat back exhaust and thinking the K&N Apollo 57i kit would be a good addition. Can you get these in Oz, or do I need to order from the UK site?

Also, just wondering which rear sway bay to get, if members have ideas on this.

Cheers
pcdougie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #381
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

K&N Apollo 57i - got mine from eBay. You'll have the choice of ordering from a local or international seller. Whatever your prefer.

The rear sway bar is from Whiteline, you can purchase it from their website directly, or via eBay (which I think might be a bit cheaper). The swaybar comes in 22mm or 24mm thickness, depending on how aggressive you want it to be.
Old 17-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #382
pcdougie
Da_Focus

I gather the Apollo kit is a universal one by the looks of eBay. Prices from around $160 and upwards.
"K&N Apollo 57i - got mine from eBay. You'll have the choice of ordering from a local or international seller. Whatever your prefer."

I looked at Whiteline bars on ebay. About $215 delivered for 24mm. I think my Focus handles pretty well now with Yokohama C drives on 15" allows. Will I notice much difference with the swaybar to what I have now.
"The rear sway bar is from Whiteline, you can purchase it from their website directly, or via eBay (which I think might be a bit cheaper). The swaybar comes in 22mm or 24mm thickness, depending on how aggressive you want it to be."
Old 17-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #383
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

I have a 22 mm Whiteline sway bar on my 2011 Zetec and it made a very noticeable difference to the feel of the car, I don't think a 24 mm would be necessary for you unless you were planning on doing some heavy track work with the car. Pretty sure you would be more than happy with the results of a 22 mm.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #384
pcdougie
Da_Focus

Thanks Russ. I will look for a 22mm one then. Cheers.
Old 17-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #385
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah the apollo kit is universal. Have a look at this thread for more details on the Apollo: http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....hlight=intakes
Old 17-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #386
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I'm wanting to source some more filters for my Code:RED one, but European Parts never replies when I email them on buying some more filters, and googling the part number I can't seem to find anything. I've still got the stock airbox and filter on at the moment since I got my car back from Ford for warranty work.

I might upgrade to the BMC CAI, anyone fitted it to TDCI yet?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #387
ConradP

Been a while since I posted here huh.

Anyway, just ordered this so I can finally fit the front splitter I got last year.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130926308...84.m1423.l2649

Got a painter friend so he can do it for me on the cheap when I do get it.

Also so very tempted to get coilovers...