Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-12-2020, 12:48 PM   #1
avisionit
AU-XR8-302

Default AU XR8 Power Steering Hi Pressure hose.

Merry Christmas to all. I was wondering if I could get some advice?

I am in the middle of replacing the High Pressure Power steering hose from the steering box to the power steering rack.

I have managed to undo all the bolts/clips that hold it into place and undone the fittings.

Now I am wondering if there is some kind of trick to manouvering it out. I know it doesnt matter if I damage the old one getting it out, but I dont want to damage the new one getting it in. I tried mucking around with it for a few moments and cannot see how to get it out successfully being that it goes from the top of the motor all the way to the bottom and around.

Is there any trick to this? Mainly installing the new one, I think I will just cut the old one off.

Thanks
avisionit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2020, 07:49 PM   #2
avisionit
AU-XR8-302

Default Re: AU XR8 Power Steering Hi Pressure hose.

Answer my own question. Biggest **** of a job to do. Trying to manouver this friggen pipe into place is an absolute nightmare. Maybe a bit easier with a hoist. Took be 4 to 5 hours. I wouldnt do it again.
This user likes this post:
Old 27-12-2020, 08:41 PM   #3
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Jacking up the car and removing the driver's side wheel can give better access to the rack.
Old 28-12-2020, 11:40 AM   #4
avisionit
AU-XR8-302

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
Jacking up the car and removing the driver's side wheel can give better access to the rack.
I did do that, but the hard part was getting up to where it plugs into the power steering box.
Old 07-01-2021, 10:40 PM   #5
jimmmy
Starter Motor

Wink Re: AU XR8 Power Steering Hi Pressure hose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisionit View Post
I did do that, but the hard part was getting up to where it plugs into the power steering box.
Should do a write up for the rest of us
jimmmy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2021, 02:29 PM   #6
avisionit
AU-XR8-302

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmmy View Post
Should do a write up for the rest of us
Can do, but didnt take pics. Suppose I can add them in now...