Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 04-07-2015, 03:16 PM   #1
mdexter
Starter Motor

Default 2001 KA Front Bumper (where to Buy)

Hi All,

First post here, listen I am after a Full Front Bumper (left, right and middle sections in Grey) for my FORD KA 2001 model, I cannot seem to locate anywhere online with a stockist that has them, can you guys suggest anywhere that may be able to get them. There are places in the UK like on every street corner that sell these parts but not here in Australia. It will literally cost me like 300 brittish pounds to ship here and thats just not possible, so I am hoping someone may be able to help me out. I am not after a second hand bumper I want a new one, the only way I will buy second hand is if the bumper looks like new, thanks all.
mdexter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2015, 10:12 AM   #2
dirty hands
Over Thinker

Default Re: 2001 KA Front Bumper (where to Buy)

most front bumpers get trashed in accidents as you may have found out from wreckers

and the car being 14 years old wont help

a 2001 KA is worth about $2000 -$3000

I would drop into several local panel beaters ..and ask if they can track down and supply one for you
they have way more contacts all over Australia for all car exterior parts

Uk is the only option for a new bumper I know of
300 pounds is more than $600 the way our dollar is shipping . then the bumper cost... Phffttt

Last edited by dirty hands; 05-07-2015 at 10:22 AM.
dirty hands is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-07-2015, 06:29 PM   #3
mdexter
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty hands View Post
most front bumpers get trashed in accidents as you may have found out from wreckers

and the car being 14 years old wont help

a 2001 KA is worth about $2000 -$3000

I would drop into several local panel beaters ..and ask if they can track down and supply one for you
they have way more contacts all over Australia for all car exterior parts

Uk is the only option for a new bumper I know of
300 pounds is more than $600 the way our dollar is shipping . then the bumper cost... Phffttt
Thanks Dirty, ok I will look down the Wrecking route to see if they maybe able to help, thanks heaps for your suggestion mate
Old 31-07-2015, 10:48 PM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Smooth or grained finish?
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2015, 11:20 PM   #5
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

OK I just checked, the bumper comes in 3 pieces, if you are after the raw rough grey looking ones, all are still available through Ford and some dealers. If you need the smooth finish RH and centre are still available, unfortunately the LH is not. If you tell me what you need, where you are located, I can give you part numbers and let you know where to get. I have list prices as well, but it would be up to the dealer whether they discount for you. Let me know...
Old 31-07-2015, 11:45 PM   #6
mdexter
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
OK I just checked, the bumper comes in 3 pieces, if you are after the raw rough grey looking ones, all are still available through Ford and some dealers. If you need the smooth finish RH and centre are still available, unfortunately the LH is not. If you tell me what you need, where you are located, I can give you part numbers and let you know where to get. I have list prices as well, but it would be up to the dealer whether they discount for you. Let me know...
Ok WOW is all I can say GT, YES I am after the rough Grey ones, please tell me more WOW again!!

THANK YOU
Old 01-08-2015, 08:43 AM   #7
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Let me know where you are please mdexter. Give me a few hours and I will come back to you...or pm me your number and I can call you?

Last edited by GTLEGEND; 01-08-2015 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 01-08-2015, 03:10 PM   #8
mdexter
Starter Motor

Quote:
Let me know where you are please mdexter. Give me a few hours and I will come back to you...or pm me your number and I can call you?
Hey mate, im in Dunalley Tasmania, but will happily get posted from anywhere, my number is 0438836337 thanks a ton
Old 01-08-2015, 03:56 PM   #9
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am having some troubles with my computer in, so I will give you the part numbers for the Grey Grained Finish bumpers and will let you know part location and costs when I sort out my PC. Middle Piece: 97KB 17752 ANZCAT, LH: 97KB 17757 ALZCAT, RH: 97KB 17756 ALZCAT.There is a small cover that goes on the RH bar (not sure if it comes with new bar or if you need it?), 1077290. Also retainers x 8: W 704309 S300 9 Screws: E 812107 S201 x 9 Nuts: x 5 W 700578 S300 Nut x 5: W 700679 S307. Not sure if you need all of the little parts and a grille (1076613) as you may be able to use your old ones. So let me know everything you need. I will call you with parts locations and prices...
Old 01-08-2015, 05:07 PM   #10
mdexter
Starter Motor

Quote:
I am having some troubles with my computer in, so I will give you the part numbers for the Grey Grained Finish bumpers and will let you know part location and costs when I sort out my PC. Middle Piece: 97KB 17752 ANZCAT, LH: 97KB 17757 ALZCAT, RH: 97KB 17756 ALZCAT.There is a small cover that goes on the RH bar (not sure if it comes with new bar or if you need it?), 1077290. Also retainers x 8: W 704309 S300 9 Screws: E 812107 S201 x 9 Nuts: x 5 W 700578 S300 Nut x 5: W 700679 S307. Not sure if you need all of the little parts and a grille (1076613) as you may be able to use your old ones. So let me know everything you need. I will call you with parts locations and prices...
Thank you thank you so very Michael, you have gone above and beyond for your help and kindness, cannot wait to hear back on Monday what the verdict will be from the parts guys, cheers and thank you again..Matt
Old 01-08-2015, 05:40 PM   #11
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Interested myself to hear what they actually ask for these bits! With these cars worth so little these days it's a difficult call what to do with them.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2015, 01:11 AM   #12
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FYI Each part of the bumper is around $180, so just under $600 for the whole front bar, genuine Ford parts...
Old 02-08-2015, 01:12 AM   #13
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FYI Each part of the bumper is around $180, so just under $600 for the whole front bar, genuine Ford parts...
Old 05-08-2015, 12:10 AM   #14
mdexter
Starter Motor

Quote:
Just want to take this opportunity to thank GTLEGEND for his support and assistance in finding the Full Front Bumper Brand New here in Aus, ordered today and shipped, mate absolutely outstanding, over and above and I cant say enough but thanks so much, we need more people like you, thanks a ton buddy so much, cheers Matt
Old 05-08-2015, 08:22 AM   #15
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No worries mdexter, anytime. Glad I could help in someway!! Thanks for the acknowledgement.