Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-08-2021, 08:04 AM   #61
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: July Vfacts. Ford 3rd again

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000 View Post
Son's new Hiace arrived last week. Must say it's the first time a van has impressed me, extremely car like on the inside, silent for a desiel and massive space in the cabin.
Definetley not the most visually attractive van out there but extremely comftable and feature packed with a large touch screen. His only complaint is the constant school zone warnings that come up no matter what day or time of the week it is.
All 7 Hiaces have now been delivered and every one of the guys who have traded in a variety of utes ( dmax, Ranger, bt 50) are now all converted and never want a ute again, all have stated for a work car, a van is the way to go regarding storage and tool security.
It staggers me why they haven't put out a barn door version..and sadly it's towing capacity is crap but as you say for storage and security nothing beats a van.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2021, 11:00 AM   #62
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
Same, replaced a Trafic with a Vito...sitting on the floor, rear wing doors, 2000kg+ towing, no wait...On Tuesday I enquired about replacing our Custom...Ford...not taking orders even when I said I'm happy to wait until mid-next year...

By the way what did you buy?

Rav 4 Hybrid Cruiser 2wd to replace our Mondeo. By the time it turns up the Mondeo will have 100k on it. We both love it but its time for it to go, would have bought a new one if we could have :(

For a family hack nothing comes close to the Toyota. $47k, $210 services, 7 year drivetrain warranty and 4.8 per hundred. I would have bought an Escape Vignale but I'm not sold on the front seats. The Escape is a nicer looking car but the interior proportions are too close to the Focus for my liking. The Rav is more comfortable and should use nearly half the fuel! This car does roughly 30k a year so it adds up.

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 06-08-2021 at 11:15 AM.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-08-2021, 11:40 AM   #63
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez
Eh? The ZF isn't Aussie designed. The gearbox is 100% JV built 100% by chinese people (for slave wages).

The MG Sales/Service people are Australian and the brand is providing jobs for Aussies. Whats that worth to you?
Well duh. I was talking about the falcon, not the transmission. Thought that would have been obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
I don't think people buying any new car are in financial stress. Well anyone with a brain wouldn't buy a new car if they're broke.

I know someone who bought an LDV. He earns about $140,000 a year and just thought it was good value for money.

Do you think Taiwan is ok to buy from? Technically it's China, but also not really. I've found some electronics list they are made in Taiwan. I guess they're trying to distance themselves from the Made In China logo people look down on.
The chinese hate taiwan too, and they want to take back control of it despite them wanting to be independent. Ironically they get bullied by china too.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2021, 12:17 PM   #64
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Well duh. I was talking about the falcon, not the transmission. Thought that would have been obvious
Think you missed my point. What percentage of Chinese made components before you start waving the Patriot Flag? Even simpler, What percentage do you feel comfortable to judge others and not yourself?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2021, 12:34 PM   #65
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
$210 services
Edit: Twice a year - you left that part out ;)
Old 06-08-2021, 12:43 PM   #66
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Rav 4 Hybrid Cruiser 2wd to replace our Mondeo. By the time it turns up the Mondeo will have 100k on it. We both love it but its time for it to go, would have bought a new one if we could have :(

For a family hack nothing comes close to the Toyota. $47k, $210 services, 7 year drivetrain warranty and 4.8 per hundred. I would have bought an Escape Vignale but I'm not sold on the front seats. The Escape is a nicer looking car but the interior proportions are too close to the Focus for my liking. The Rav is more comfortable and should use nearly half the fuel! This car does roughly 30k a year so it adds up.
My wife's only 5'2" so no issue there lol...when it arrives that is.
Old 06-08-2021, 12:54 PM   #67
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Edit: Twice a year - you left that part out ;)

Toyota is 12 months or 15,000 kms.

Given that mine will do 30,000 a year it makes no difference.

They are $230 a service too, not $210 (typo).

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 06-08-2021 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-08-2021, 12:56 PM   #68
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
My wife's only 5'2" so no issue there lol...when it arrives that is.

It just feels smaller and the seat bases are terrible, especially in the Vignale.
Old 06-08-2021, 01:36 PM   #69
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
No the LDV is rubbish and every other Ute in that class is better, but you have an issue with Thai built Utes anyway.

The current Ranger (before the new one) is 2 generations better 👍
Isn’t the LDV Ute a repurposed Holden Jackaroo?

‘nuff said……

Navara =Triton is marriage made in hell…..
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2021, 04:14 PM   #70
prydey
Rob

Quote:
It just feels smaller and the seat bases are terrible, especially in the Vignale.
I'm 188cm and have no problem fitting in our escape. Done a few hour + drives and the comfort is very good.

Escape is an awesome car. As mentioned, just can't get supply. That's not Ford's fault though. No control over the plants shutting due to covid and the semi conductor shortage. It just is what it is.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:15 PM   #71
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez
Think you missed my point. What percentage of Chinese made components before you start waving the Patriot Flag? Even simpler, What percentage do you feel comfortable to judge others and not yourself?

Go back and read what i posted earlier. Australian designed, engineered and built. Just because it used some chinese components doesn’t reduce it’s australian input.

How much australian input is there in your average chinese communist chariot? Zero most likely. How much chinese input? Would be close to 100%.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:17 PM   #72
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
I'm 188cm and have no problem fitting in our escape. Done a few hour + drives and the comfort is very good.

Escape is an awesome car. As mentioned, just can't get supply. That's not Ford's fault though. No control over the plants shutting due to covid and the semi conductor shortage. It just is what it is.
Does the Escape get memory seats? Worst thing about the Everest was the lack of Memory seats when there is a significant height difference between drivers.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:21 PM   #73
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Go back and read what i posted earlier. Australian designed, engineered and built. Just because it used some chinese components doesn’t reduce it’s australian input.

How much australian input is there in your average chinese communist chariot? Zero most likely. How much chinese input? Would be close to 100%.
Yeah, ok mate... whatever you reckon. Go back and read what you wrote prior to that and in numerous posts. Doesn't matter what the "Australian" content is; if you're buying parts from them you're sending money to the "communists". Doesn't matter if its $10 or $21990. Either you believe in your principles or you don't.

The term Hypocrite comes to mind here. Only "Australian" when its suits you. Back on topic.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:25 PM   #74
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Does the Escape get memory seats? Worst thing about the Everest was the lack of Memory seats when there is a significant height difference between drivers.
Not on the every level. We got an ST line for a loan car but didn't pay any attention to the seats as I didn't drive it.

You would like to think Vignale would but I couldn't say without looking it up.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:28 PM   #75
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Yeah, ok mate... whatever you reckon. Go back and read what you wrote prior to that and in numerous posts. Doesn't matter what the "Australian" content is; if you're buying parts from them you're sending money to the "communists". Doesn't matter if its $10 or $21990. Either you believe in your principles or you don't.

The term Hypocrite comes to mind here. Only "Australian" when its suits you. Back on topic.
So zero australian content is better than some? Amazing how little some people care about their own countries. All me, me, me, as long as i can get something cheap.

What you just posted was idiotic is so many ways. Buyers who wanted to support australian made cars had no control over where some of the components come from. Probably a few parts are only able to be sourced from china as well, considering they have gobbled up large proportions of component manufacturing.

At least those that bought australian made supported australian workers and australian parts suppliers. People who buy chinese don’t, bar a few people at the dealerships. You’d be dumb as a rock to argue against that statement of fact. But i’m sure you will.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:29 PM   #76
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Not on the every level. We got an ST line for a loan car but didn't pay any attention to the seats as I didn't drive it.

You would like to think Vignale would but I couldn't say without looking it up.
I don't get why Ford seem to offer Memory seats on the LHD versions of the same car but not in RHD versions (Mustang as well).

Lets see what the new Everest/Ranger comes with. Falcon and Terri had this in the 2000's.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:31 PM   #77
prydey
Rob

Quote:

I think some people forget Australia is very multicultural. It's 2021, not 1921.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:32 PM   #78
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
So zero australian content is better than some? Amazing how little some people care about their own countries. All me, me, me, as long as i can get something cheap.

What you just posted was idiotic is so many ways. Buyers who wanted to support australian made cars had no control over where some of the components come from. Probably a few parts are only able to be sourced from china as well, considering they have gobbled up large proportions of component manufacturing.
The only idiotic comments are coming from you. You sound like the T&C at the end of an Ad. Go have a cry! Glad my GTF didn't have your initials anywhere near it! I probably bought more new Falcons and Aussie made things than you will ever and have supported local industry more than you can dream of. But I still am not a judgmental tool.

And I work for a company that has ZERO ties with China as we have a "do not trade with" embargo against them. No percentage games here.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:35 PM   #79
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
The only idiotic comments are coming from you. You sound like the T&C at the end of an Ad. Go have a cry! Glad my GTF didn't have your initials anywhere near it!
Strong rebuttal. I would have done various sub-assembles on your gt-f though
Old 06-08-2021, 04:54 PM   #80
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

LOL. May I refer you to posts #42 and 43.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2021, 04:57 PM   #81
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Strong rebuttal. I would have done various sub-assembles on your gt-f though
I'm sure your pride would have ensured those bolts were to torque spec so Kypez has nothing to fear.....but maybe WE can all drop the stuff getting more personal...
4 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2021, 05:03 PM   #82
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post

The last good car Honda sold was the 2nd generation Accord Euro.
That was a great car for its time. Really enjoyed it in manual.
Old 06-08-2021, 05:34 PM   #83
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post

Navara =Triton is marriage made in hell…..
What about the Amarok & Ranger Marriage, Then..?
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2021, 05:48 PM   #84
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
That was a great car for its time. Really enjoyed it in manual.
I remember being impressed with the quality of the interior and the feel of the leather wrapped steering wheel.

I didn't enjoy getting the autos out for warranties - imagine having an auto gearbox in a car that struggled with the 'torque' of a K24
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2021, 05:52 PM   #85
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Boss & Kypez: A bit sad to see the fighting going on as I like both your posts. Trying to avoid purchasing Chinese here for the geopol reasons but I understand in many segments you just can't do this. MG are trying to establish following the path the Japanese and Koreans took and succeeded in - but again I'd avoid and that's personal too, because of how they acquired the name during the dying days of MG Rover. (Similarly, no GM for me as of how they treated their bondholders in 2008) That said, MG's pricing for a good looking little SUV and the cheapest electric one too, are to be commended.

Mechanical/software wise, biggest purchases here since corona have given coin to the Brits and Germans. Other stuff I've built myself. Still driving my Aussie cars here in dinosaur land and it feels mechanically reliable and good!
Old 06-08-2021, 05:54 PM   #86
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I remember being impressed with the quality of the interior and the feel of the leather wrapped steering wheel.

I didn't enjoy getting the autos out for warranties - imagine having an auto gearbox in a car that struggled with the 'torque' of a K24
Totally, the quality was top notch. Luckily I never had to do that to the gearbox! The replacement Accord was like she'd come back from 18 months of partying in Europe...
Old 06-08-2021, 06:09 PM   #87
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Boss & Kypez: A bit sad to see the fighting going on as I like both your posts. Trying to avoid purchasing Chinese here for the geopol reasons but I understand in many segments you just can't do this. MG are trying to establish following the path the Japanese and Koreans took and succeeded in - but again I'd avoid and that's personal too, because of how they acquired the name during the dying days of MG Rover. (Similarly, no GM for me as of how they treated their bondholders in 2008) That said, MG's pricing for a good looking little SUV and the cheapest electric one too, are to be commended.

Mechanical/software wise, biggest purchases here since corona have given coin to the Brits and Germans. Other stuff I've built myself. Still driving my Aussie cars here in dinosaur land and it feels mechanically reliable and good!
Ironically, our position on Chinese made is actually the same/similar. I just won't bag others and take it more of a personal decision and value.

2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2021, 08:50 PM   #88
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Totally, the quality was top notch. Luckily I never had to do that to the gearbox! The replacement Accord was like she'd come back from 18 months of partying in Europe...
Yeah the Accord was built in Thailand where as the Accord Euro was still built in Japan. The Accord V6 Luxury was nice though, it went alright, I got stuck into one on Sharps Road in Tullamarine, moving it between the head office and our dealership for warranty work

I'm not sure if any if their range is built in Japan anymore,
Old 06-08-2021, 08:57 PM   #89
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Ford Numbers -

Ford EcoSport – 0
Ford Endura – 0
Ford Escape – 20
Ford Everest – 772
Ford Fiesta – 39
Ford Focus – 29
Ford Mondeo – 0
Ford Mustang – 142
Ford Puma – 203
Ford Ranger 4X2 – 381
Ford Ranger 4X4 – 3683
Ford Transit Bus – 13
Ford Transit Custom – 243
Ford Transit Heavy – 44
Ford Total – 5569

Take Range out of Fords lineup and what have you got?
Old 06-08-2021, 09:09 PM   #90
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura View Post
Take Range out of Fords lineup and what have you got?
They literally sold more massive Transit vans than Focus