Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 26-03-2006, 12:35 PM   #1
Swaytan
Swaytan

Default Doh, no 3k for me...

Have just had a family event, needed to spend the 3,000 I had put aside for an audio setup.

So, I'm just gonna have to do it step by step.

I'm probably gonna buy all Rockford Fosgate or JL Audio stuff.

In what order should I get everything?

Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 02:33 PM   #2
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rockford make excellent amps and subs but there speakers arn't to the same level.

I got my audio setup in stages (Just got stage 2) and im still only 85% complete. I got my headunit, speakers and first amp in first and now the sub and monoblock have gone in. If u don't mind giving up alittle bass this is the order i would do it in.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 02:46 PM   #3
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
Rockford make excellent amps and subs but there speakers arn't to the same level.

I got my audio setup in stages (Just got stage 2) and im still only 85% complete. I got my headunit, speakers and first amp in first and now the sub and monoblock have gone in. If u don't mind giving up alittle bass this is the order i would do it in.
Awesome, that's what I thought...

I was looking at a Kenwood DPX-MP5070 head unit, JL Audio VR600-CSi in the front & JL Audio TR600-CXi in the back.

As far as amps go I'm still not too sure, pretty much everyone has said that Rockford Fosgate amps & subs are killer.

Opinions on Audiobahn gear?
Old 26-03-2006, 05:49 PM   #4
joshf2
striped

id personally go the jl subs and amps, but they are more expensive than the rockfords.
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 10:20 PM   #5
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Those speakers will sound nice but u can go to a 6.5inch split to get some more mid bass and will sound nicer.

The best thing to do would be to listen to the different brands and pick the own that you think sounds the best. No point only buying a certain brand because people say its good, choose what sounds best for YOU.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 08:25 PM   #6
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
Those speakers will sound nice but u can go to a 6.5inch split to get some more mid bass and will sound nicer.

The best thing to do would be to listen to the different brands and pick the own that you think sounds the best. No point only buying a certain brand because people say its good, choose what sounds best for YOU.
Good thinkin...