Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 16-02-2011, 11:27 PM   #91
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

The other kid accidentally reversed across the freeway from the emergency lane just as I was coming down in the left lane (Epic timing man), I've got a thread with more details in the bar or pub, called small cars arent safe if you want the whole story.

I've got to deal with AAMI because I have something on my policy stating they will replace my car new for new, so I wonder if I can get a MKII out of them, at the very least I want the same colour and in manual though.

When the new car (again) arrives, right away, I'm going to do the headlights, I'm looking into a bar to mount some driving lights on (I have an awesome idea) and I'll pay the boys at work to do the extra wiring for those, once the car is run in (GRR, I only put 847km on the clock before the car was totalled) then comes the Code:RED CAI, intercooler and a tune from either DP (Chicka's one) or Code:RED.

Tow bar might make it onto the list as well, would be a lot better to tow our 6X4 down to the tip as well rather than Dad's raggedy-*** 323 running on 1 cylinder.

And possibly some Continental Extreme Contact DW's from the USA

The crash didn't kill me but unfortunately the insurance company is going to, because I'm not entitled to a refind on my policy after the car has been written off even though I paid for 12 months about 2 weeks ago, so I'm getting dicked $2300 again for another policy on the new car. So my new TV is going to have to wait as well, damn.

The good thing is that me and the other guy come out alive and without injuries, I haven't see nthe other guy since the accident but he was walking around and talking fine, he was over to me before I got out of the car, I suspect he might have fractured ribs though, my left arm is sore as F and my neck hurts a bit.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 16-02-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #92
Turbodiesel
Torquer

That is extremely bad luck considering how new your car is, I feel for you mate I'd be absolutely devastated!

But the main thing is you're ok and able to enjoy your next Focus
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 11:14 AM   #93
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodiesel
That is extremely bad luck considering how new your car is, I feel for you mate I'd be absolutely devastated!

But the main thing is you're ok and able to enjoy your next Focus
Which is what I just organised, MKII LV TDCI Frozen White and in Manual, my salesman is onto it, the insurance company said on my policy they're going to replace it with a new car, I took the last MKI in Frozen White when I bought mine.
Old 18-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #94
Chicka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Which is what I just organised, MKII LV TDCI Frozen White and in Manual, my salesman is onto it, the insurance company said on my policy they're going to replace it with a new car, I took the last MKI in Frozen White when I bought mine.
Hey Big Damo....I had no idea about your bingle mate !...So sorry to see the results.Very glad to see that you are okay mate...
I know we get so passionate about our cars, but....You are okay ( and young)
not a busted up old fart...like me...!All the very best mate...and keep us posted
I know you will...Regards...Chicka.
Ps......Looking forward to see the new one !!!!!
Chicka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 10:15 PM   #95
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Organised a new car, waiting on AAMI to pull the finger out and buy me the car.

I have a good idea for some driving lights, the lower grille, I want to have a bar that follows the curve of the front bar, and mount 4 spotlights/driving lights in front of the grille evenly spaced.
Old 26-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #96
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Alright, hopefully should be picking up my car on Monday, LV TDCI MKI again

I have already ordered some phillips xtreme vision +80 H1s, going to order some H7s in the same globe too in another weeks times (the site I use gives out a free set of parkers once a week with orders haha).

I'm sussing out what driving lights I'm going to get also.
Old 26-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #97
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Supercheap has the aluminium light bar for front bumpers out cheap at the moment. Repco had them out in the Xmas catelog.
You need to probably put a 2 cm bit of plywood behind the bar and use long self drilling screws so they anchor into the metal reinforceing box behind the bumper. The plastic bumper will not hold the weight without distorting unless you do this.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2011, 10:46 PM   #98
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I'm going to talk to the fabricators at work to see what they can come up with, I'm looking at smaller 170mm diameter driving lights, spread beams, I want to have either 2 or 4 of them if possible.

Would above the lower grille, where the number plate is, is that high enough? Or would they need to be up in between the headlights?
Old 27-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #99
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I put the light bar where the numberplate is and had the lights in front of the grill. Was reluctant to block the airflow below the numberplate as it seems to be the main cooling area for the intercooler and radiator. My lights are Xenon HID which are 4 inches across but a bit deeper than usual lights.
see pic.

Last edited by marg99; 09-02-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 27-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #100
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg99
I put the light bar where the numberplate is and had the lights in front of the grill. Was reluctant to block the airflow below the numberplate as it seems to be the main cooling area for the intercooler and radiator. My lights are Xenon HID which are 4 inches across but a bit deeper than usual lights.
see pic.
Ah yes, actually that bar looks long enough to fit 4 of the lights across it, thats quite a good idea.

But the problem I'm going to have is the bonnet release is behind the Ford badge.
Old 28-02-2011, 07:39 PM   #101
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Alright, I just picked up my new Focus, anyways I have a photo of the front, I'd like to mount the lights on a light bar, just above the number plate, like what you have there, except hopefully 4 of them:

http://img37.imageshack.us/i/frontcar.jpg/
Old 02-03-2011, 06:14 PM   #102
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

OK, just filled up for the first time since I got it on monday, had 20km on the clock when I picked it up, was given to me with half a tank:

http://img151.imageshack.us/i/imag0913.jpg/

Put 38.38L in there of diesel when I filled up.

5.3L/100km - 53L tank, 1000km to a tank, exactly what Ford was advertising.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #103
Dustproof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
5.3L/100km - 53L tank, 1000km to a tank, exactly what Ford was advertising.
OK so why is my Mk2 LV Powershift getting 7.7 when my old LT Manual was getting 6.5. Ford advertise only .2 difference (Or something like that) between the different transmissions. My dash says I have a max on 720Km's to a full tank.

I think the dash reading is crap to be honest, I will measure the fuel usage over the current tank to get a proper reading. I must admit the Powershift is a quicker car over the Manual I had but I drive it pretty conservatively. The best I got from my LT on a trip was 4.4l/100Km and averaged 4.9 each time I did the same trip.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #104
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Yeah probably is, i just filled it yesterday after that photo, end of next week i might be down to 1/4 again and ill fill it up and manually calculate it. It took 38.38L filled up to the shutter.

Its showing 4.1L/100km now but saying just under 900km left.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #105
Gaz
Got Ghia?

Good to see you got your new one.

Dunno if you covered it somewhere, but why the quick change from the Fez to the focus?

Did you like the fiesta and how much 'better' is the focus?

Just curious - looking to buy a house and might have to relieve the v8 of it's duties. Don't know if I can bring myself to do it, but considering fiesta's and focus's at the moment as 17l/100km is killing me in my peak hour crawl :(

Fiesta seems 'better' equipped with gadgets etc, but focus is bigger and probably more comfortable. Diesel v petrol.. there's another argument.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:45 PM   #106
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I wanted a bigger more comfortable car, the Fiesta had an ace interior and stereo, which is better than the Focus, but it has very stiff suspension and rattles your sphincter driving on my crappy country roads. On the upside, it handles like a go-kart and you can throw it into a corner really fast.

If you're used to the V8, turbo diesel will be the go, so much torque, gives you that fast feeling.

The Focus is better ride comfort wise, its 55 profile tyres and soft suspension absorbs the crappy roads nicely, but it doesn't handle as good, a bit of body roll, the interior isn't as nice and well planned out as the Fiesta and the Stereo holds nothing to the Fiesta's.

Turbo diesel is nuts, I'm used to driving the Fiesta. The Focus has so much torque, it blows your head off your neck if you floor it and its good on fuel.

In my opinion, don't bother with petrol. For the same price for the TDCI Focus, you can pick up a Zetec TDCI Fiesta for about $3000 less, TDCI Focus is midspec where-as Fiesta Zetec is top of the range. If you don't need the space and don't travel on country roads, consider the Fiesta.

My Fiesta is still in my driveway also.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #107
Turbodiesel
Torquer

I just installed my Bluefin today, making the most of my expired warranty.

It was pretty quick standard, but it really goes hard now. The torque steer is pretty lethal if you're not paying attention though.

Looking forward to driving it some more

2007 LT Focus TDCi S
Bluefin Remap - K&N Apollo CAI - 2.5" Turbo-back Straight Pipe - 24mm Rear Sway bar - LT Zetec Bodykit - Black Projector Head Lights - LED Tail lights - DMB Overlays - Alloy Pedals - Scuff Plates - Sports Gear Knob - LV XR5 Springs - LV XR5 Wheels - Pirelli P-Zero Nero
Old 07-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #108
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:

It was pretty quick standard, but it really goes hard now. The torque steer is pretty lethal if you're not paying attention though.

Epic give us some more insight

Didn't realise they did bluefin for TDCI.

Does it get rid of the torque limiter on first and second gear? Mine always wants to stall at low speed in second gear, under 20km/h forget about second gear or it gives out on you, the first one did this to me as well.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #109
Turbodiesel
Torquer

Well with some advice from the guys at the track day, I discovered that a remap is a cheaper and better alternative than just plugging in a more expensive chip.

Bluefin seemed to be pretty popular so I did the research and went for it. I have to say the guy I've been dealing with from Superchips AU has been brilliant, I haven't got a question unanswered.

I haven't really had a chance to give it a thrashing apart from a few squirts, but there is definitely a significant difference. This week I've been doing an economy run and so far so good, it's the same as it was before the remap.

I'm not aware of any torque limiting though, I can take off in second if I really want to and it'll coast along at idle in pretty much any gear.

2007 LT Focus TDCi S
Bluefin Remap - K&N Apollo CAI - 2.5" Turbo-back Straight Pipe - 24mm Rear Sway bar - LT Zetec Bodykit - Black Projector Head Lights - LED Tail lights - DMB Overlays - Alloy Pedals - Scuff Plates - Sports Gear Knob - LV XR5 Springs - LV XR5 Wheels - Pirelli P-Zero Nero
Old 09-03-2011, 06:23 PM   #110
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

I must say these TDCi's have some poke, i had a little run with one today. Although i wasnt in full attack mode it still went pretty good
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2011, 08:39 AM   #111
Dustproof

Quote:
Well with some advice from the guys at the track day, I discovered that a remap is a cheaper and better alternative than just plugging in a more expensive chip.

Bluefin seemed to be pretty popular so I did the research and went for it. I have to say the guy I've been dealing with from Superchips AU has been brilliant, I haven't got a question unanswered.

I haven't really had a chance to give it a thrashing apart from a few squirts, but there is definitely a significant difference. This week I've been doing an economy run and so far so good, it's the same as it was before the remap.

I'm not aware of any torque limiting though, I can take off in second if I really want to and it'll coast along at idle in pretty much any gear.
Is the Bluefin a remap or does it need to be connected to your car? What is stopping you from remapping anyone's car with this device?

If it could be used to remap anyone's car then you could make a buck out of it to pay for the unit itself - just a thought.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #112
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustproof
Is the Bluefin a remap or does it need to be connected to your car? What is stopping you from remapping anyone's car with this device?

If it could be used to remap anyone's car then you could make a buck out of it to pay for the unit itself - just a thought.
I highly doubt that you can use it on more then one car. I had a look on their site there isnt much about it there.
With my dreamscience tuner it registers with the VIN number and it wont work with another car it comes with a certain amount of 'lives'. They would be stupid to release tuning software so the buyer can the 'sell' tunes to his mates
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #113
elgreko

Quote:

Whats the bluefin unit cost???? Not happy with my tuneit chip!!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #114
Turbodiesel
Torquer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreko
Whats the bluefin unit cost???? Not happy with my tuneit chip!!!!

Around $700 including delivery, doesn't take long to come either.

2007 LT Focus TDCi S
Old 11-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #115
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Same price as the CodE:RED one, do they have dyno sheets like Code:RED?

I'm looking at DP, Bluefin or CR one.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #116
Turbodiesel
Torquer

The graph for Code Red doesn't actually resemble the specified results so that's a bit strange.

Driving the car actually feels exactly like the Bluefin graph with the real difference coming at over 2500rpm.

http://www.mybluefin.com.au/curves/Focus20tdci136.pdf

2007 LT Focus TDCi S
Old 11-03-2011, 06:51 PM   #117
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
The graph for Code Red doesn't actually resemble the specified results so that's a bit strange.

Driving the car actually feels exactly like the Bluefin graph with the real difference coming at over 2500rpm.

http://www.mybluefin.com.au/curves/Focus20tdci136.pdf
Interesting, is yours an LV? The original HP of the LV TDCI is 136hp I'm pretty sure.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #118
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Superchips chart is not of the Australian 2 litre TDCi as its stock performance is 136 hp/100kw and 320 Nm of torque
Old 11-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #119
Turbodiesel
Torquer

Yes it is, I think it's because every car differs in reality to what they're actually rated and also factors such as temperature, fuel quality and dynos would make for significant differences.

The max torque is actually 340nm if you include overboost, which is pretty much anytime you floor it.

2007 LT Focus TDCi S
Old 14-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #120
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Just filled up, 41.15L of diesel, did 823km, 20KM per litre, 5L/100km, not bad. Trip computer showing 4.8L/100km so its slightly out as suspected.

1100Km on the clock.

I've also emailed a diesel workshop about if they do DP chips, waiting eargerly for a reply, they do dyno tuning there and the guys been in the business since the 70s, so he might be alright haha.