Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2007, 07:18 PM   #1
bmbentley
Starter Motor

Default KF Laser climate control fan switch

Hi all,
My oldies have a KF laser 220,000kms will pension off in september when they come home from overseas and buy a new carSince i am stuck with it sitting in the yard i thought i might fix some of the faults to bring it to comfort and roadworthyness. Or maybe leave it and eventually sell it as is.

So - either sell it as it, or bring it to roadworthy? I dont know if they are a popular car that people still buy or if they go to the wreckers?

I normally use Explore Oz 4wd forum because i have a 6cyl 4wd diesel landcruiser ute and dont play with rice burners, but anyways, bare with me....

1. The fan switch is somewhat faulty, the fan only works for 3 secs every 6months straight after start-up, i cant get at it, i got the fascia off but thats as far as i got, i think i need to go to the wreckers and find another switch.

2. The radio is the original, so i will buy a cheap cd player to last 6months.

3. Engine mounts are stuffed, might replace because it shakes me to pieces when idling at the traffic lights.

4. Needs new tyres and wheel trims.

5. Possible holes in exhaust, bandage repair kit may fix it.

6. Hand brake faulty, and front brakes squeel when hot- need new brakes

7. Maybe fit a tow bar for my own use, a second-hand one from the wreckers? I assume they bolt to the eye hooks under the rear bumper?

8. Needs an overall service/plugs/oil change but runs well around town-but would not go around australia with it!

Thanks in advance for your solutions, Should i even bother touching it?

I dunno the value between leaving it as is, or spending money to bring it to good working order?

bmbentley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post