Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 02-03-2009, 11:53 PM   #1
bdesigns
Joy Ride

Default Trip Computer stuffed?

Hey guys, for sum reason, i cant reset my trip computer.

Well, it resets for fuel consump, kms till fill up, and average speed, but i cant reset the distance traveld..

Anyone the same?

Also, when im on bumpy roads, i keep hearing a squeeky noise at the back of my car.. cant find the problem.. maybe suspension?

bdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2009, 12:39 AM   #2
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

You're not talking about the actual odometer are you......although mine I do seem to have to hold in longer to reset the trip rather than the others.

A few have found the spare wheel causes the squeaks in the back. Check the big screw holding the wheel down in place is tight. I've been lucky- it had a couple of squeaks early on, but they disappeared.

Cheers,
GBG

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2009, 01:11 AM   #3
Zetec Dave

[QUOTE=Go baby Go]You're not talking about the actual odometer are you......although mine I do seem to have to hold in longer to reset the trip rather than the others.

A few have found the spare wheel causes the squeaks in the back. Check the big screw holding the wheel down in place is tight. I've been lucky- it had a couple of squeaks early on, but they disappeared.

Cheers,
GBG[/QUO

Oh man : don't tell me there's problems with the new fiesta already? I know that new cars and all cars have problems of some sort but I guess we can only hope for the best? Fingers crossed :Reverend:

The dealer's still working out how to fix the annoying rattly I've got in the dash of my Polo Gti.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2009, 02:05 AM   #4
bdesigns
Joy Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go baby Go
You're not talking about the actual odometer are you......although mine I do seem to have to hold in longer to reset the trip rather than the others.

Cheers,
GBG

Ahh.. thanks.. ill have a look at the back wheel tomorrow.

Nah, its not the odometer im looking at, its the distance traveled one, the one u can actally reset.

Is there any way to like reset the electrical system? im scared i must have stuffed it because i reseted the "kms till need to fill up" mode while i was driving.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:40 AM   #5
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdesigns
Ahh.. thanks.. ill have a look at the back wheel tomorrow.

Nah, its not the odometer im looking at, its the distance traveled one, the one u can actally reset.

Is there any way to like reset the electrical system? im scared i must have stuffed it because i reseted the "kms till need to fill up" mode while i was driving.
Nah, resetting it while driving shouldn't have done anything to the trip computer. Take a deep breath and relax. All is fine and dandy. Worst comes to worst, just call up the dealer and ask the service department about it. Maybe they might be able to tell you what to do. Unless...they happen to be just as stump as you are then it may just be some sort of software error? Just guessing...
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2009, 02:32 PM   #6
bdesigns
Joy Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec Dave
Nah, resetting it while driving shouldn't have done anything to the trip computer. Take a deep breath and relax. All is fine and dandy. Worst comes to worst, just call up the dealer and ask the service department about it. Maybe they might be able to tell you what to do. Unless...they happen to be just as stump as you are then it may just be some sort of software error? Just guessing...

yeah, i gues its no biggy atm. Ill just tell em to check it out when i go back for my 3000km complementy service

oh, btw, i checked out the spare wheel, and its in there tight, however i cant relaly hear the squeeky noise anymore.. but yeah, ill keep looking