Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-05-2006, 02:25 AM   #1
wheresmeute
Starter Motor

Default Rusty xy ute

Having wanted to own an old falcon ute for a long time and finally finding what appeared to be a good one i have lashed out and bought what seemed to be a fair condition xy ute. Ok so it was site unseen as i am in NSW and the ute was in QLD but after several phonecalls to the owner and half a dozen pics it looked like it would not take too much to get it right for rego and as the owner constantly described it "little bit of rust in the usual places" i was led to slaughter. So after taking delivery of my treasure my dreams of driving this ute to bathurst this year have certainly been shattered as i have discovered with every bolt that i remove the rust is EVERYWHERE.
I knew about the doors and the sills and the back guards and was prepared to cut and plate where required but i was not expecting the following:
floorpan both sides
torque box both sides
A pillars both sides
seat rail passenger side
left and right handside of the bracing framework under the frontguards near plenum cover
It has been a case of one step forward 3 steps back but i am determined to get this beasty back on the road so i am looking for tips advice and any help that i can find. I am searching hi and lo for an xy/xw ute/sedan/wagon/van shell without rust in the above mentioned places that i can use to rebuild my dream but having already outlaid my savings on the ute i am hunting for one that is not going to cost me an arm and a leg I am in sydney outer west and if anyone can help me please contact me 0413038575 all advice would be appreciated.
Phil

wheresmeute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post