Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-06-2020, 11:46 PM   #11
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Vicroads snowflake offended at custom plate WEPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
What I don't get is people who have cars that are worth $100,000+ then they have an ugly yellow and black NSW number plate.

It costs $75 to get a white and black plate on a new car. Why not just tick that box and make your car look significantly better.

So they make you pay a fee to have the plates made, then they lease them to you? Bit of doubling dipping there.
What I don't get is the fact that some people put the thin plate on the back and the wider plate on the front. You think it's a mistake? Do they actually think... hmmm they sent me 2 different sizes, meh I'll just throw em on in any random order. Do they ever notice that 99.9% of the other cars have thin ones at the front and wide at the back by some strange coincidence?

Yes, in NSW custom plates cost money to make, then you need to pay an annual fee to display them - around $450 a year for the most expensive option. You must have them on a car at all times. Should you remove them and wish to keep them they need to be handed in and kept in storage (for an annual fee as well).

In NSW personal plates are literally a licence to print money. You can have all sorts of colours, comic themes, footy teams, animals, plants, JDM, Euro look etc etc etc.

https://platerange.myplates.com.au/car

You will need to click on 'Show more' down the bottom...

Several times....

Edit: Forgot you can also get FPV / Mustang themed plates

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: