Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
Danny
GT4.

Default VIC: I've been hit so be careful on the roads today!!

Hey all,

Its pretty bad out there! We just had to finish up work for the day, we were framing and had no inside work. We were in Ormond, and it was flooding in Brighton.

Whitehorse Road in Box hill is also flooded near Sion College and the Fire station. Accidents everywhere, Including one involving me!

I was on Warrigal Rd Canturbury Rd intersection, and was rear ended in the XR6T by an astra. Poor girl I felt sorry for her, she was shaking and really apologetic. Only on her P's so I didn't tell her off or nothing cuz hey, these things happen!! Anyway my 4 month old FG Turbs is now no longer a virgin, and the tray has bellied out over the rear wheels, the tailgate's dinted, and the rear BBar Cover is nice and warped. Yum.

Can anyone tell me whether a Panel beater will replace the whole tray as the whole things bent in the middle and I dont want no one chucking it on a rack!

Be careful out there all!

-Dan

Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny

Only on her P's so I didn't tell her off or nothing cuz hey, these things happen!!

Thats exactly right.
Accidents DO happen and when they do, there's no point getting out and being a dick about it.
The person that just hit you feels bad enough already, last thing they need is an egotistical douche raging at them.

Good on you for keeping your cool and hopefully your XR6T gets repaired soon.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
sleek7

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Thats exactly right.
Accidents DO happen and when they do, there's no point getting out and being a dick about it.
The person that just hit you feels bad enough already, last thing they need is an egotistical douche raging at them.

Good on you for keeping your cool and hopefully your XR6T gets repaired soon.
There are times where the opposite is called for... but by the sounds of it, this particular scenerio was handled the right way.
Am out in far west subs of melb atm and there has been plenty of rain, gotta be careful on the western highway on days like this.
Hope your XR gets a good repair job done mate, I would be pretty down about that if it happened to me.
sleek7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #4
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleek7
There are times where the opposite is called for... but by the sounds of it, this particular scenerio was handled the right way.
Am out in far west subs of melb atm and there has been plenty of rain, gotta be careful on the western highway on days like this.
Hope your XR gets a good repair job done mate, I would be pretty down about that if it happened to me.
Nah mate, she's all good. I'm fine. Its just the tub really (and technically seperate from the cab/chassis) so im really not worried at all.

I just hope the whole things replaced rather than them trying to stretch it out in a rack.

Cheers Davway! Hey, these things happen. I smashed my EF into a G220 when I was only 18, and was pretty miserable so I know what it can be like becasue at the end of the day, you're still a kid learning (even at 25 I am). You can't sit there unleashing on some poor girl in the pouring rain over an event that can't be undone!
Old 13-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

i had a black wagon merge into my ute this morning in the rain, totally didnt look in his blind spot and if it wasnt for me quickly getting on my horn (which i seldom use) he would he taken me for a few rotations. He missed by about a coat of paint and then took off.
Old 13-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

Strange, with women of all ages they shake after a stack. Through my experiences you must comfort them no matter who's fault it is. I have had one of walk into traffic from the shock and I quickly grabbed her and sat her down and re-assured about the whole thing. So good on ya mate for being cool.

I know just the panel beater for your probs, but I don't trust him with newer cars, he is in the sth east subs of melb too.

If you are still interested PM me.
ThaFlash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #7
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Sucks mate but as said accidents happen. Would have thought it would actually be easier and cheaper for them to just replace the tray anyhow. Hope they do.
Old 13-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
belvo

sorry to hear about the car. I almost had a crash today to was driving up elizabeth street when some idiot turned right from the left lane he pulled right in front of me slammed on the breaks and the locked up and i thought i was gonna kill the child in the back seet was preaty scary luckly i dident hit the car.
belvo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #9
dave289
Banned

She was probably typing bs sms into her phone while driving, like I see 90% of p plate females doing, and I notice more young men constantly typing bs into there phone while driving these days, guess they are becoming more femminine these days and need there little security blanket while putting every bodies eles life at risk.
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #10
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaFlash
Strange, with women of all ages they shake after a stack. Through my experiences you must comfort them no matter who's fault it is. I have had one of walk into traffic from the shock and I quickly grabbed her and sat her down and re-assured about the whole thing. So good on ya mate for being cool.

I know just the panel beater for your probs, but I don't trust him with newer cars, he is in the sth east subs of melb too.

If you are still interested PM me.
Well To be brutally honest mate, I was shaking too. Such a sudden and violent shock to the system!

As for your mate the panel-o, you basically just said yourself you don't trust him with newer stuff, so seeing as how it's a 4 month old FG then yeah, you answered your own question!

Thanks anyway bud!

-Dan
Old 13-01-2011, 07:01 PM   #11
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

I'd want it on the rack

The tray is bolt to the rails.. bent tray=bent rails

I'd want the rails spot on and a new tray fitted

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #12
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
I'd want it on the rack

The tray is bolt to the rails.. bent tray=bent rails

I'd want the rails spot on and a new tray fitted
Rails don't look bent (if they bend isn't it a write off? and it didn't hit that hard to bend them), but if they are then the rack clearly is the only way. What I don't want is them stretching the tray out. I'd rather a new one.

Dan
Old 13-01-2011, 07:11 PM   #13
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had some Spaz driving a Hyundai S Coupe yesterday. Wing, bonnet scope.. I know.. drop the clutch whenever he could nearly run up the back of my XR6. He locked them up and shifted the car sideways.

Would have seriously dealt with him, considering what I was hearing for a good 2kms " BAAAAAAAAAA.. [release clutch] ssshhh-sshhh-shhhh"
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 07:32 PM   #14
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's a reason why it's called an, 'accident'.
Few actually hit another car on purpose.

Glad to hear that nothing seriously bad came out of it. Also by keeping your cool, she should be far more cooperative and help you out since you were very reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave289
She was probably typing bs sms into her phone while driving
We don't know that. Far safer to assume that she's learned a valuable lesson in keeping staying a safe distance from the car in front, and paying attention to not only the car in front of you, but the car in front of that car (and further ahead if you can see that far)

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #15
fakegt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Came across a stack this morning, 2 girls, one did a right hand turn in front of the other who was going through "an Amber light". Airbags, smashed windscreen and we had to wrench open the drivers door to get her out. She was well freaked out, and the "Amber light runner" kept a low profile.
The worse thing was that it partially blocked the intersection and all the other tools who saw it happen pretended it hadn't and just drove around them. It ended up that it was 3 car loads of tradies who did the right thing, getting the drivers into a safe place, getting photo's of the positions of the cars for the Police before clearing the cars out the way.(all in about 3 minutes)
It was our White Collar friends who did their best to run us down as we did this, "We can't be late for work!" Very disappointing.
I find people driving their kids to school just as bad, "I don't care if your kid dies, I need to get my Tristan & Tiffany to Polo practice, GET OUT OF MY WAY!"
fakegt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #16
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

i stopped onetime at an accident and ended up kicking the door in of a car going passed us as a few of us were trying to push the smashed car off the road... People are idiots...

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
NudgE^SIKBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2011, 11:27 PM   #17
b2tf
not here much anymore

God some of you lot are idiots. Pull your heads in and let those who have never been in an accident comment. Bet the post count will go down then.

Yes it will get a new tub. Cheaper and easier.
Old 18-01-2011, 09:11 PM   #18
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
God some of you lot are idiots. Pull your heads in and let those who have never been in an accident comment. Bet the post count will go down then.

Yes it will get a new tub. Cheaper and easier.
Eh.. Cheers Aust
Old 18-01-2011, 11:41 PM   #19
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Thats exactly right.

My sister had her P's for a few months and she took out her mirror on a 4wd's bullbar while parking at a kids footy game. She ruined her mirror but hardly made a mark on this guys bullbar.

Later on the 4wd owner walked up to his car and got into it without even noticing any damage, she went over and told him what happened.
Before even looking at the damage he started swearing and going off like a manic.
He got out, looked at the tiny scratch and then swore some more and speed off up the road.
People like that are just pathetic.
Glad the guy in OP was not acting like a tool.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #20
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Well done Danny, you handled it much better than I would have. If I were in your shoes I'd have gone apeshit.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post