Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-11-2020, 12:56 PM   #2671
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

10 more working days for the year...not that I am counting down
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-12-2020, 09:34 AM   #2672
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It looks like I may have the opportunity to drive a tilt tray, part time. (One day HR licence here I come… )

The challenge will be not bringing back exponentially larger bits of junk!
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2020, 03:41 PM   #2673
.:4:.
Kicking back

Yesterday my brother asked for a hand. So pick up a bike stand as i have a car, and help maintenance 3 of his bikes. In return he did lunch. So i twisted his arm to finally do pork ribs on the smoker. So he made his own seasoning and marinade, and for once we had something to do in the cooking time that wasnt just hitting the cans. Well, to say the ribs turned out well is an understatement.
And this morning my mate who has never driven, asked if i could lend a hand to do some running around. My mate can tell you every place in a radius of a train station or a bus stop. So the first place he needed to go was too busy, so 5 minutes away, off the pubic transport routes, sure enough, empty and it had the goods. Same with spot 2. It was just a woolies run. But i dont like my local woolies on the weekends. Parking turns into a nightmare. But this one is 5 minutes up the road from my place. Me mate asks if he can do a bit of a bigger shop. He is on foot most the time so a shop for him can only be as big as what fits in a backpack. So whatever. My car is bigger then a backpack. So turns out the world doesnt revolve around pubic transport. I dont mind helping my mate out. He's a good dude. He just lives in a small world.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2020, 03:51 PM   #2674
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Yesterday my brother asked for a hand. So pick up a bike stand as i have a car, and help maintenance 3 of his bikes. In return he did lunch. So i twisted his arm to finally do pork ribs on the smoker. So he made his own seasoning and marinade, and for once we had something to do in the cooking time that wasnt just hitting the cans. Well, to say the ribs turned out well is an understatement.
And this morning my mate who has never driven, asked if i could lend a hand to do some running around. My mate can tell you every place in a radius of a train station or a bus stop. So the first place he needed to go was too busy, so 5 minutes away, off the pubic transport routes, sure enough, empty and it had the goods. Same with spot 2. It was just a woolies run. But i dont like my local woolies on the weekends. Parking turns into a nightmare. But this one is 5 minutes up the road from my place. Me mate asks if he can do a bit of a bigger shop. He is on foot most the time so a shop for him can only be as big as what fits in a backpack. So whatever. My car is bigger then a backpack. So turns out the world doesnt revolve around pubic transport. I dont mind helping my mate out. He's a good dude. He just lives in a small world.
Reminds me of going shopping when I lived on the Central Coast with no car, (Phegans Bay), 2 mins by waveski to the shops across the bay, 20 mins around by car and having the parking hassle.
Only problem was in Summer when the wind predominently came from the N.E straight down the bay, cross winds and waves were a little dicy especially carrying a full backpack side on.

Last edited by roKWiz; 05-12-2020 at 04:08 PM.
roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2020, 09:52 AM   #2675
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

What would make me feel good, is if someone hacked all the IOT controlled robotic vacuums so at 4PM Friday they bundied off to the nearest pub.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-12-2020, 12:49 PM   #2676
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Watching AOC being humiliated

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-12-2020, 04:34 PM   #2677
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Running low on contact adhesive spray, I finished re-padding my last seat’s backrest on the final spits and spatters from the can. Now the foam goes on the frame, cover slips on top. Win.
This user likes this post:
Old 09-12-2020, 11:26 PM   #2678
staity

Was putting the final Xmas decorations up today and wife wanted to put fake snow on the tree. Had a can we bought years ago but couldn't for the life of me find it. Wasnt until we picked the kiddos up from school and mentioned it to my 6 year old daughter who confidently informed me it was on top of the fridge. How she knew it was there I have no idea, but it was, and now the tree had a light dusting of "snow".

2013 Ford Kuga Titanium Gunmetal Grey
staity is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-12-2020, 08:07 AM   #2679
superyob
Banned

Start of 6 week holidays...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2020, 06:25 PM   #2680
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Finally pinned down a specific curtain hardware supplier. Have been chasing commercial grade tracks and fittings to counter demented people yanking on heavy drapery.

Only taken me eight weeks to get an order locked in. Don’t care if it comes mid-January, at least it’s finally progressing.
Old 15-12-2020, 02:23 PM   #2681
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Craig McLachlan, not guilty on all 13 charges.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2020, 10:04 PM   #2682
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

To note the wheels of justice slowly turning, as Malka Leifer comes even closer to extradition. Just one Israeli government signature away!

I want to see her in court, in Australia, putting her presumed innocence up against a meaty prosecution case.
4 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2020, 11:57 PM   #2683
Kicking back

I wont get into the ins and outs of why i didnt get to pick my kid up from school today. Thats political.
But he was allowed to contact me. We spoke for well over 2 hours. Just boy stuff. Yes im his dad and the moment he puts a toe a millimetre over the line, i go into dad mode. But other then that, i treat the boy as a little brother.
But the boy stuff conversation involved things like how much better his rc car is then ones his mates have. And well, i spent the spondoolies on it. Mainly because it was something i would like. So the sum + aftermarket bits, its one of those numbers over a grand where you stop counting as to not get depressed about it.
And then there is his other rc car. So the big unit i payed extra for as its a limited addition. The small unit. That took me ages to find. Dunno if things have changed, but but i could only find 3 in Sydney at the time. So yes there was a few Christmases in between.
But again, boy stuff.
But the silliest topic was you can change the cursor on the computator. Its easy as, but my kid was mind blown. I personally dont mind the arrow as a pointer. The thinking cursor i did the oldskool sand timer, as opposed to the roundy roundy. Cant remember if that was a windows 95 thing or windows 3.1.
Anyhow. Had a mad time shooting the **** with the little big unit. Just boy stuff. And im not that much older then my 11 year old. Well, im 22 years older, but, i try to do the whole re live your youth thing by getting the unit all the cool stuff my parents didnt get me.
Old 16-12-2020, 12:27 AM   #2684
TICKFORD220
2009 Fg xr6 turbo

Being alive is enough for me today,could be alot worse
TICKFORD220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2020, 09:03 PM   #2685
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

drunk fall in the beach water with two phones and a car remote in the pocket, they all still work
And my pug dog
Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2020, 04:36 PM   #2686
Kicking back

Put the final signatures on a major stress thats been on my shoulders for almost 14 months today.
And also seemed to have sorted out the hot day warm start issue my car was having. Well, first long trips on a hot day with a few warm starts, and she was apples. I suspect it was a culmination of old fuel mixed with new fuel and crap in the tank making injectors not want to play. Its been fine lately with the $15 whats the worst can happen fix. On long trips in moderate weather it was ok. But previously, on hot days id leave it running ducking into the shop eg, because it was a guarenteed atleast half hour wait before it would start. So im happy i can turn the thing off for 5 minutes in the heat and it restarts. No it doesnt overheat. Engine temps stay good.
Old 17-12-2020, 04:47 PM   #2687
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Getting a car issue sorted put a smile on my dial today as well,had an issue with BA overheating when stuck in traffic etc on hot days,fans were all good etc and had me a little stumped search on here revealed that the coolant tank cap could be cross threaded blah blah which proved to be the case with mine,new tank/cap and changed coolant then an open road drive followed by extended period of driving round town followed up with 1/2 an hour left running in the driveway and no issues so job done.
Old 17-12-2020, 07:39 PM   #2688
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One week of work left. I was quiet and now getting quite a bit of work to try and get done since I am on leave all of January.

So it is good since the days were really taking forever as it got quiet for me the last few weeks after being smashed for months
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-12-2020, 08:20 PM   #2689
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

I asked and was granted leave till Jan 6th started Christmas Day.

I have not taken leave since picking up my Mustang in March 2017.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 17-12-2020, 08:35 PM   #2690
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I asked and was granted leave till Jan 6th started Christmas Day.

I have not taken leave since picking up my Mustang in March 2017.

A nice new ride, cool. The 5.0L or the other one that needs the supercharger ?
Seriously, a new ride like that would be really cool, best wishes for the time off
Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2020, 10:52 PM   #2691
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Did the final inspection on the house before settlement tomorrow at 2pm.

Move of the gear in the garage starts on the weekend, with the removalists coming on Tuesday to move the big stuff. I've got nearly three weeks of overlap between the houses, so I'm not packing stuff just yet, gonna pack a ute load of smaller gear, take it to the new place, then back for the next load, until it's all done.

Gonna be a busy week. Oh yeah and fit Christmas in there somewhere...

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 17-12-2020, 11:38 PM   #2692
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Finished my Christmas shopping, thank God.
3 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2020, 02:36 PM   #2693
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Finished my Christmas shopping, thank God.
Is it Christmas? Oh well, no one's getting any presents from me this year....

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2020, 02:36 PM   #2694
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Finished off this 'walk in" fireplace this morning.

Nice lump of ironbark from the old local bridge forms the lintel / raised mantel to supports the front secondary wall.

The dramatic view I had to put up with. Beautiful looking down the Kiewa Valley watching thunderstorms roll by all week.

Old 18-12-2020, 03:07 PM   #2695
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's an awesome fireplace.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2020, 09:36 PM   #2696
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Finished off this 'walk in" fireplace this morning.

Nice lump of ironbark from the old local bridge forms the lintel / raised mantel to supports the front secondary wall.
You must be patient bloke doing that **** but can't help but love the result. I reckon being a bricky or a tiler must be a bitch but at least that is all the same size and mostly symmetrical patterns
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2020, 07:46 AM   #2697
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
You must be patient bloke doing that **** but can't help but love the result. I reckon being a bricky or a tiler must be a bitch but at least that is all the same size and mostly symmetrical patterns
Thanks guys,
Wish I was more patient with mechanical stuff.

Just think of it as building a 3D jigsaw puzzle, only you are required to make every piece from scratch.

Old 19-12-2020, 06:31 PM   #2698
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Feeling a bit seedy today after a bit of a party last night.
So decided to clean all the dust off my collectibles and model cars.
This is how bad it was, hasn't been cleaned in about 7 years, slack I know.
Before.

After,

Both cabinets done.

Old 19-12-2020, 06:37 PM   #2699
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

Watching India getting bowled out for 36...
Old 19-12-2020, 09:19 PM   #2700
Kicking back

This is along the lines of when young kids have more fun with the wrapping then the present, well sort of. My kid is 11. Since the covid stuff, things have eased, but when we'd go pub for a feed when the kids area was closed, he would play games on my phone. Then I'd take my laptop. So that kept him occupied. Theres one 20 year old game on my computer thats super janky that he likes. So i bought him a usb stick and put it on there. $6, who really cares. But i changed the name of the stick. So by that i mean when you go to open it, instead of in this case it being h:kingston, i named it paul. So about 5 seconds of effort. My kid knows his way around his computer, and was happy that i did him the usb. Its not a christmas gift, its just a there you go. So when i told him to plug it in on my computator, just to show him where the thing of the thing is, he found it hilarious that the stick had a people name. Yes he appreciates he now can put the game on his laptop. And I've never let him change the settings to auto trans, manual with auto clutch. So manual with clutch he has worked out. Well, he had to. I wouldnt allow otherwise.
But when i called him later on. So he has another usb supplied by school, for school work. He renamed that. So now he has paul and henry. It makes me laugh. Its simple, but reminiscent of my grandpa who back in his 80's (not back in the 80's) named his usb stick frank. I may or may not have stolen the giving inanimate computer things people names from my grandpa, but still, my kid finds it funny.
Then there was the ride in my car. The boy says to me out of all the cars with exhausts he has ridden in, mine sounds the best. So i looked at him sideways and asked how many cars is that. His instant response was 'only this one'. A 1 of 1 review. Its not horrid, but on par with just about the majority of non turbo 6 cylinder falcons with a 2.5 and 2 mufflers.
I suspect he was trying to butter me up, blow smoke up my ****, because he needed something minor from jaycar. He knows fully well that jaycar is my weakness for buying stuff that you dont even know you want. But not today. I had the blinkers on and held back and we just man shopped. So dont get distracted, go straight to what he needed then get out of there.
2 users like this post: