Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-11-2020, 04:46 PM   #2641
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Have a friend who had a beagle,let him off the lead for a walk,next thing he picks up a scent of something and off.Found him about 10 km away.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2020, 07:59 PM   #2642
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Finding Ernie he was missing for 30 hours, my boy and his partner moved into there new house just up from ours a couple of days ago. Ernie then decided to move out and did a runner into 100 acres of thick scrub and bush, we searched high and low but most parts were to thick to get into, last night they went out with spotlights late and found him trapped/tangled in vines in a gully right at the back. Finding him now makes there move complete, loosing him had taken the gloss off moving to there new house.
I went through something similar earlier this year so I know that roller coaster of emotion of a lost pet brings. So glad you found him.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2020, 10:24 PM   #2643
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Put my neck out yesterday replacing the handbrake cable in Povo Ute. A day of migraines and sinus pain resulted.

About 8:30 tonight, after lots of stretching and trying to relax, it finally crunched back towards where it needs to be. Relief comes in seconds after this happens.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-11-2020, 11:44 AM   #2644
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Great longer mountain bike ride, then bakery this morning before the 38deg heat and forecast thunderstorms arrive.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2020, 10:29 PM   #2645
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Changed the trans fluid on the pulsar today, learnt by watching vids on YouTube, I even wore the gloves like chrisfix ;)
Went to the maccas drive thru tonight, the first time since lockdown, it seems the rest of ADL had the same idea, it took 37mins!

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 22-11-2020, 10:43 PM   #2646
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Changed the trans fluid on the pulsar today, learnt by watching vids on YouTube, I even wore the gloves like chrisfix ;)
Went to the maccas drive thru tonight, the first time since lockdown, it seems the rest of ADL had the same idea, it took 37mins!

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 23-11-2020, 03:02 PM   #2647
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Giving free advice to someone: “check the mechanical timing” - they listened to me, and discovered it was 19 crank degrees out. I quietly let them install a not-needed $70 cam sensor first, when it made no improvement they were ready to listen.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2020, 06:23 PM   #2648
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Just seeing the XPT passing through from Sydney for the first time since March feels like things are getting back to normal.

Old 23-11-2020, 08:03 PM   #2649
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Giving free advice to someone: “check the mechanical timing” - they listened to me, and discovered it was 19 crank degrees out. I quietly let them install a not-needed $70 cam sensor first, when it made no improvement they were ready to listen.
Would I be correct if the timing was "retarded"?
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2020, 08:28 PM   #2650
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

It was previously, yes.

A motor with a “slip and grip” crank sprocket for the belt, last workshop had tried to shortcut it and obviously lost track by one tooth on the cog. Pin the cams, pin the flywheel edge, remove the damper to expose the sprocket and temporarily pin that while you set it up. Like the Terry bonnet cable, follow the procedure and it comes out like a bought one.
Old 23-11-2020, 09:00 PM   #2651
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Ok, flame suit on..............

Kylie does disco made me feel good today!
Mustang GT

Old 23-11-2020, 09:22 PM   #2652
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

It’s OK, you can confide in me.

But… Does she nail the sensuality of Donna Summer in that sparkly dress singing I Feel Love?
Old 23-11-2020, 09:28 PM   #2653
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
It’s OK, you can confide in me.

But… Does she nail the sensuality of Donna Summer in that sparkly dress singing I Feel Love?
Better!
Mustang GT

Old 23-11-2020, 09:36 PM   #2654
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Would I be correct if the timer was "retarded"?
adjusted for accuracy.
Old 23-11-2020, 10:56 PM   #2655
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Still no work yet after the lockdown and as we couldn't take the new van away for the weekend due to me being crook and the restrictions, i spent the last 3 days tidying ip a few bits and pieces.

Firstly the old Trojan jockey wheel had seen better days so i removed it and replaced it with a new one.
The gas bottle holder was of the old style with bolt fastener so that went in place of a new one with toggle style latch and new padlock. Whilst at it i noticed the flare nut on the bottom of the regulator was loose on closer inspection it was't just loose, it had a crack from top to bottom with stains where gas had obviously been leaking, so i decided rather than just cut off the flare and replace the nut i'd replace the regulator too and finished it all off with a new 9kg bottle.

Today i sourced all the pipe and fittings to install a tap on the drawbar tapped into the mains inlet for hand/feet washing, wrapped the pipe in 13mm split conduit for protection.
Tomorrow im replacing the edge trim infill rubber, its grey from factory and a bit weathered so im replacing it with new white stuff for a cleaner blended look.
Just need to run an Anderson plug and wiring from drawbar to battery and i'll be satisfied for now.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2020, 10:09 PM   #2656
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Had a couple of wins this week. Scored my last needed seat trim and foam set for the Territory, then today I stumbled across a donor for the rust repair cuts to Foster Ute.
Old 26-11-2020, 09:42 AM   #2657
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Pleased to read overnight, that academic Kylie Moore-Gilbert is moving closer to leaving Iran after being involuntarily detained more than two years.

Less pleased to hear we are without the legendary Diego Maradona.
Old 26-11-2020, 04:07 PM   #2658
.:4:.
Kicking back

I was a bit sceptical. Went round to my brothers for lunch. His smoker has only been used once to great effect. I wasnt sure if we would have the same luck round 2. Anyrate, turns out we bettered the 1st attempt that was a success. Smoked all the standard meats found on a farm. And corn. Didnt know smoked corn was a thing. But it works. Its a barrel grill smoker, so sorta half cooks half smokes, so only takes an hour or 2, not 14 like an offset smoker. But still, it has an exhaust stack. But the experimental smoked jalapeno poppers were really good. It was deffinately an experiment as to how to keep the stuffing in, but nothing some lateral thinking cant resolve. Being smoked for 30 minutes, they tasted almost like pizza.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-11-2020, 10:33 PM   #2659
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

If you’re in greater Sydney right now, how good is this cool change with just a scent of rain to the breeze?
2 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2020, 12:19 AM   #2660
Kicking back

Quote:
If you’re in greater Sydney right now, how good is this cool change with just a scent of rain to the breeze?
Yeah man, after a few trips in me car with black leather seats on a towards 40° day, and the subsequent back sweat and **** sweat. The cool change is more then welcome.
Old 27-11-2020, 07:45 AM   #2661
Moo Man

I'm not usually a betting man but back in 2012 I opened a Sportsbet account to bet on a win for Button in the Melbourne F1. Haven't used it since but every 6 months or so they send a series of text which I usually ignore.

Finally read one which said I have a free $50 bonus bet expiring at midnight. Long story short, $150.00 heading to my bank account after Race 2 at the Mildura Trots last night. Thank you very much Mr Sportsbet!
Old 27-11-2020, 06:18 PM   #2662
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Everything really

Have a great weekend guys and ghouls...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2020, 06:18 PM   #2663
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Hmmm Double post better add something ?

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2020, 08:04 PM   #2664
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

The morning walk with my dog.

So nice and cool, before the 39 degree heat arrived, and my best friend by my side. He is so happy and so trusting of me, that makes me feel good.
Mustang GT

Old 27-11-2020, 10:19 PM   #2665
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I put my leave in from 25/12 to 27/1. Hopefully smoke free this time because that sucked ****
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-11-2020, 10:32 PM   #2666
Kicking back

So its been a few days of smoking meats and helping my brother with garden work etc. So far its been a success, only 1 minor fail, well, not really too hard of a fail, anyhow. Today. Round 2 of jalapeno poppers. Left some of the seeds in. I dont do heat very well. But round 2 was brilliant. This time we did more then a test round. And yeah there was more heat. But the ratios were just where its at. Its not a time efficient way to cook. But, if you have the time, you can make things good.
The cheapest smoker in the history of the universe works. Maybe not as good as a decent one, but thats not the point. Smoked an onion today. 100% did not know that it made onions not suck. Turns out it makes onions not suck.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2020, 11:16 AM   #2667
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I reckon you could make smoked mixed skewers from what you describe. Haloumi, capsicum, onion, seafood/tofu/meat. Even if they needed finishing off by barbecue or in the oven, it could be great.
Old 29-11-2020, 12:00 PM   #2668
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Some lamb Koftas would be nice too.

2 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2020, 12:21 PM   #2669
Kicking back

Lamb does well. We did a leg of lamb on the first use. Just for a little extra, we soaked the hickory chips in red wine. Makes a nice subtle flavour adder. But so far, all experiments have turned out well. Its not a style of cooking either my brother or i are versed in. Its deffinately not rocket surgery. Its just cooking over low heat, not direct flame, but due to that, yes you need to have the time, but things like seasonings and marinades work out better.
3 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2020, 11:54 AM   #2670
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

…Catching this before I do another 1000+km day Wednesday.

4 users like this post: