Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 27-09-2005, 03:56 AM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Calder to have ANDRA compliance by 2007

Guy’s I was told last week that there will be an announcement soon, possibly in Federation square (not sure why) that Calder Park will be fixed up to ANDRA Compliance by 2007 and be back into the full swing of Australian Drag Racing. it will be done with government assistance.
I hope this is true Victoria we need it..
: :eclipsee_

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 08:50 AM   #2
302donk

Thats good. i has told about a month a go the government was going to kick in to build a new track out the other side on the ford factory.. dont know how true this is.
and a nother thing is that the natioanls contract end this year up at willowbank and word is that they want it back in victoria by 2006 as well. good news all round for drag racing in victoria i think.......
302donk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 06:16 PM   #3
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Bob has dangled the carrot many times, lets hope this happens, or i will give up hoping.

Old 27-09-2005, 06:55 PM   #4
302donk

its only a 10 hour drive to wsid mate.. to tell you the truth id rather go up for a weekend to a brakett attack meet then go to calder on a friday night.
Old 27-09-2005, 07:17 PM   #5
SpoolMan

We went for the east coast nats, very impressed with the way its organized and very very clean place they have at WSID... Calder needs to get organized it desperately needs some good drag racing people with good knowledge to run it properly.
Are you going on Saturday?
Zappia wants to put on a show for Melbourne...

Old 27-09-2005, 07:30 PM   #6
TUFGPA
Starter Motor

Theres been so many stories since the last nationals at Calder in 2001 about racing coming back there, some of them were even believable, until it happens or its in writing I wont believe anything. :
TUFGPA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 08:09 PM   #7
rodderz

I for one am hopiung it comes back. It's one of the best forms of motor racing to watch, particularly the funny cars, top fuellers and doorslammers. Has to be seen and felt to be believed.

Hopefully for the racers and fans sake either Calder improves 200% before then or a new track is built that is a world class facility
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 08:13 PM   #8
302donk

yeh we are going down not taking the ute as its in the pannel shop and the motors geating some work and a freshin up for the nationals. dads runing his a/a altered down there. wsid is a great place every time i go there i run real good last years a/c delco nats made it to the semis, nitro champs made it to the quarter finals and this years a/c delco nats made the final and red lighted but i still made the final so you know why i want to go back dude
Old 27-09-2005, 08:14 PM   #9
302donk

hope zap dosent back the HQ into the grass!!!
Old 27-09-2005, 08:59 PM   #10
SpoolMan

Darren DiFillpo has been doing testing at Calder with a Mustang Nitro Funny Car, Friday night he done a burnout and then gave it a little squirt then let run it down the strip...
looks like there sorting some issues out...

Old 27-09-2005, 09:09 PM   #11
302donk

i throught darrens was only going to be a brunout car but they might be sending it down the strip now? do you know who zap is match racing on sat? as there is doorslammers at AIR on saturday as well
Old 27-09-2005, 11:30 PM   #12
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Bob jane should be publically stoned for what he has tried to do to victorian motorsport .Firstly the drags i hope ANDRA tells him to shove his track (or non maintained bmx track) up his **** for all the he has caused them and drag racers over the years .Also circuit racers we will never see V8 supercars there again after his little stunt with AVESCO holding back royalties .The lack of maitenance at this venue is appaling esecially the return road there are pot holes you could loose a car in.

i think we should all boycott the place and make this pricks back pocket hurt and support Heathcote as Russell has stuck by drag racers through thick and thin

The only time you here from Bob jane when he thinks he can upset planning for new drag strips all his brken promises have gone on too long FU*K HIM

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 11:42 PM   #13
SpoolMan

We have heard this all before, it does nothing to get ANDRA and Victoria back into the Drag racing competition that this Country needs and what the public want....
We have a generation of kids that haven’t seen a top fuel nitro car.
Some of them think Drag racing is done on the street...
The sooner Victoria has ANDRA competition meetings back the better, the quickest short term answer is Calder.
if thats the long term answer some say no.
lets get the sport back 1st and argue about the rest later..

Old 27-09-2005, 11:45 PM   #14
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302donk
i throught darrens was only going to be a brunout car but they might be sending it down the strip now? do you know who zap is match racing on sat? as there is doorslammers at AIR on saturday as well
looks like a expensive burnout car....
not sure they who will be another door slammer, i was speaking to the promoter on the little hill Friday night he said he was paying $6200 for the track to have A1 preperation.... he gave my a name cant remember..

Old 28-09-2005, 12:16 AM   #15
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the other car is Steve Stanic. The contract for the Nationals was renewed with Willowbank a while ago if memory serves. Am like most people- sick of the stories about Calder. Wish they would just say yes or no to ANDRA racing and stop messing everyone around
Old 28-09-2005, 10:55 AM   #16
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Darren DiFillpo has been doing testing at Calder with a Mustang Nitro Funny Car, Friday night he done a burnout and then gave it a little squirt then let run it down the strip...
looks like there sorting some issues out...
Darren's car is NOT a Nitro Funny Car. It is a Nitro Doorslammer built for only doing Burnouts at this stage. The engine is just bits and pieces from their Top Fuel Dragster.

Once sorted it should do some pretty good burnouts.......
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2005, 11:05 AM   #17
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
Bob jane should be publically stoned for what he has tried to do to victorian motorsport .Firstly the drags i hope ANDRA tells him to shove his track (or non maintained bmx track) up his **** for all the he has caused them and drag racers over the years .Also circuit racers we will never see V8 supercars there again after his little stunt with AVESCO holding back royalties .The lack of maitenance at this venue is appaling esecially the return road there are pot holes you could loose a car in.

i think we should all boycott the place and make this pricks back pocket hurt and support Heathcote as Russell has stuck by drag racers through thick and thin

The only time you here from Bob jane when he thinks he can upset planning for new drag strips all his brken promises have gone on too long FU*K HIM
Well said Phil. If the people of Melbourne new just how much of a Pr!ck BOB is i dont think anyone would want to run any sort of event there. Take a look at waht happened to The Hot Rod Rumble, once Bob sure how sucsseful it was going to be he added 50% on top. If they want people to use the place weather it be for a Nats type event or what ever they have to be fair to the littel guy. I for one will never use the track again i would rahter go up the highway to a track and people who care for what they have and do.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2005, 01:58 PM   #18
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Company Car
Darren's car is NOT a Nitro Funny Car. It is a Nitro Doorslammer built for only doing Burnouts at this stage. The engine is just bits and pieces from their Top Fuel Dragster.

Once sorted it should do some pretty good burnouts.......
Most serious looking burnout car i have seen.
Hows yours coming along when do you plan to have a run?

Old 02-10-2005, 04:43 PM   #19
SpoolMan

A very reliable source told me yesterday Calder and ANDRA is 100% on, it will show this in the next 2006/2007 racing calender..

Old 02-10-2005, 11:25 PM   #20
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Most serious looking burnout car i have seen.
Hows yours coming along when do you plan to have a run?
Coming along nicely, hope to test by the end of the year.......
Old 03-10-2005, 12:45 PM   #21
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Support those that have drag racing as an interest, not money hungry turds like B.J He has screwed drag racers for years, stuffed circiut racing, and should never get a chance at holding a major event again.Drag racing is better of with out him.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 09:37 PM   #22
FORD_FANATIC

Quote:
We have heard this all before, it does nothing to get ANDRA and Victoria back into the Drag racing competition that this Country needs and what the public want....
We have a generation of kids that haven’t seen a top fuel nitro car.
Some of them think Drag racing is done on the street...
The sooner Victoria has ANDRA competition meetings back the better, the quickest short term answer is Calder.
if thats the long term answer some say no.
lets get the sport back 1st and argue about the rest later..
i agree with the other 2 posts, and to add to where they left off.
if we get it back to victoria then lets do safely and if calder and bob wish to re-establish links then get off ya lazy old 104 year old **** off ya rocking chair and start doing something about the state of dis-repair that calder has become.
just like you bob, your track has withered and has no use for competition drag racing.
the best your gonna see is a few street racers, cause nothing that has has so much time , effort and cashola thrown at it(+ my life=priceless) will see your track again
also whats with your lame *** security? cant have my wife and kids near me with out having the 3rd degree instilled upon them?
had my machine there the other day and thats all i needed
calder park was built on highly reactive soils hence the massive fall on either side of the entire track
gonna need a bucket load of $100 note to fix that problem
that return track for the street racers that pay $55 is a joke.
cheers
FORD_FANATIC :
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 09:56 PM   #23
rodderz

Hopefully there are more than adequate upgrades to Calder Park if ANDRA sanctioned events come back by 2007. As others have said, the place looks like a disused shanty town now in more than a state of disrepair. For the fans drag racing is becoming very popular now again and for a long while Vicoria used to be one of the top states for it.

For those who race or spectate and cant afford $$ or time to travel interstate to watch a great form of motorsport, this will be a welcome decision. I just hope for the racers point of view they are'nt stuffed around like they did about 15yrs ago

Whatever they do at calder they will need to do a good job, as Ford Fanatic said being built on the reactive basaltic soils it cant be a half a rsed job if it's to become a regular venue. I believe the thunderdome originally was the dumping ground for old tyres from the Bob Jane T-Mart's chain, which started as a huge mound of rubber to which after it was decided to develop a motor racing venue, crap soil was bought in from around the area from development sites to cover it all up. Hence why if the maintenance lapses the joint looks very 2nd hand
Old 03-10-2005, 10:12 PM   #24
SpoolMan

The Drag racing track will be kept just for drag racing, the staging lanes or the dummy grid will be re-surfaced and become a part of the circuit for track racing.
The continue bagging of Bob and Calder does nothing for the sport, its all be said and done.
The sport is bigger than Bob and it will continue to flourish long after he is gone,
If this is the Sports best option in Victoria is Calder then lets get the track up to scratch and get it on..
Unless someone else has an alternative, and funding for a new track?
FORD FANATIC, i would say you didn't get to Calder last Saturday?
it was drag racing at its best, so many competition cars came out we haven't seen for a while and John Zappia burnouts and 6 second passes rocked Calder and the large crowd.

Old 03-10-2005, 10:41 PM   #25
FORD_FANATIC

gday matey, what on earth would make you think i wasnt there?
certianly not the first time and most definatly the last for a bit. phew, glad i got that off my chest, lol.
mate get your **** in one of these f_ckers, and do a run and then tell me how it went pal?
your un-educated perspective does nothing to amuse me mate.
from what i see mate your more of a keyboard racer than anything?(no offence)
cheers
FORD_FANATIC :
FORD FANATIC, i would say you didn't get to Calder last Saturday?
it
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 10:55 PM   #26
SpoolMan

Ford Fanatic your above posts say Calder is only good for street cars, you still thought it was worth taking your car there , then bagged it..
I am here because i love the sport and want it back in Victoria for everyone to enjoy...
from a driving point of view yes i am uneducated, but the relentless bagging of Calder doesn't amuse me either its all we have...its everyones chioce to go there...
Keyboard racer, i have done many passes albeit in only street cars..
All i want is to see competition racing back in Victoria because its awesome.

Old 04-10-2005, 02:56 PM   #27
SilverMustang
Was Red Territory

Quote:
Ford Fanatic your above posts say Calder is only good for street cars, you still thought it was worth taking your car there , then bagged it..
I am here because i love the sport and want it back in Victoria for everyone to enjoy...
from a driving point of view yes i am uneducated, but the relentless bagging of Calder doesn't amuse me either its all we have...its everyones chioce to go there...
Keyboard racer, i have done many passes albeit in only street cars..
All i want is to see competition racing back in Victoria because its awesome.

I agree.....I dont give a which track its on....I just wanna see Nitro burners again in Victoria
1967 Mustang Coupe
1955 Thunderbird (Project)

Previous cars:
Audi Q5, BMW X5, Territory Ghia Turbo, BA GT
SilverMustang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2005, 04:38 PM   #28
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver GT
I agree.....I dont give a which track its on....I just wanna see Nitro burners again in Victoria
That's the spirit love the fuel cars.........
Old 04-10-2005, 09:45 PM   #29
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Company Car
That's the spirit love the fuel cars.........
Maybe you could put up a thread of your beast in the Aussie Car Enhancements forum, the funny car you have got has one of the best paintjob designs going around

Would be great to follow its progress too!
Old 05-10-2005, 08:33 AM   #30
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Maybe you could put up a thread of your beast in the Aussie Car Enhancements forum, the funny car you have got has one of the best paintjob designs going around

Would be great to follow its progress too!
its great to have a nitro funny car here, Force has an amazing following in the US. Craig just needs a few more pounds, a hunchback, some dental work and those SUNGLASSES!!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post