Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:59 PM   #31
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowride260
You should hear some of the BS denial comments come from a few of guys from the dark side on another forum, this time has created a bit of a stir over there.
Dont worry, the same denial exists in some parts of our own camp!

Old 12-04-2006, 06:41 PM   #32
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG3282
Can't wait to see how quick it will go when it does have some mods done
As long as he can maintain those 2.01 60 footers, it should be good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman

funny thing is he was one of them (dark side owner) only a few months back, guess they envy his decision.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 08:36 PM   #33
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
4Vman can you hear the dog barking too mate. :
.I have been in a ride in a modded F6 and they do go pretty hard.I wonder how many other stock BF F6's will get into the 12's standard.Hope Wheels or Motor can somehow get these cars close to there real potential in the future.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 11:28 PM   #34
JG3282
Awake after dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
As long as he can maintain those 2.01 60 footers, it should be good.
2.01 sixty footers are not that great when a GT which has less torque - particularly at low revs - can get out of the hole in the 1.9's consistently. We actually managed a 2.00 in the GT with myself at 110kg and a passenger at 120kg, representing an extra approximately 200 kg more weight than Maurice with less torque to play with, so if he can truly get the F6 to launch hard out of the hole well you know the rest.

Just watching Maurice race the F6 I noticed that it actually appears to be lazy out of the hole, which explains why it needs to run the big mph to be able to get that ET. Get that sixty in the 1's and he's really gunna find out what that baby can do.

What I would really like to see is a genuine 100% bog stock F6 up against a genuine bog stock R34 GTR and a stocko 2JZGTE powered Supra. The difference in launch characteristics and the way they get from point a to point b would be a real delight to watch.

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
JG3282 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 11:31 PM   #35
JG3282
Awake after dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
Hope Wheels or Motor can somehow get these cars close to there real potential in the future.
They don't actually test the cars in real drag conditions... They do it at non competition meetings where there is less traction and generally in the middle of the day when the air is nowhere near its best.

At the end of the day, the ET means little when making a comparison, the terminal speed shows the real difference. Performance Ford managed 105 and I believe Wheels and Motor also got 105, don't quote me on that, what would I know

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
Old 13-04-2006, 03:30 AM   #36
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

it’s the turbo has lag, The V8 low down instant punch will always kill it unless you get the boost in off the line.
its never going leaving the line on boost without a hi-stall, therefore the F6 leaving the line as like N/A 6, until the boost comes in.
Even with edit this don’t change, as there is no auto software.
Agree 1.9 - 60 foot would see the track times spiral right down, this wont be done until edit software and a nice Hi-stall can be fitted.
Although I think a hi-stall will make the 1st gear almost non extinct, as you know its a very short 1st gear.
I know someone else who would be happy ith a 2.01.
Still much fun to be had...

Old 13-04-2006, 09:10 AM   #37
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

I know of a BA XT V8 that is getting 1.83 60 footers......
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 09:52 AM   #38
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
4Vman can you hear the dog barking too mate. :
.I have been in a ride in a modded F6 and they do go pretty hard.I wonder how many other stock BF F6's will get into the 12's standard.Hope Wheels or Motor can somehow get these cars close to there real potential in the future.
Haha! yep its been a busy 6 months for fido!
I doubt the journo's will get decent times, they refuse to launch the car the way a turbo likes, they drive turbo's like they drive V8's. You never know though, a 6sp auto is a pretty easy car to get right!

Old 13-04-2006, 10:12 AM   #39
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@ACE
I know of a BA XT V8 that is getting 1.83 60 footers......
Your Rocket doesn't have any lag, keep off the fries.. :

Old 13-04-2006, 11:20 AM   #40
JG3282
Awake after dark

Spoolman: Interestingly, from memory and I'll dig up the timeslips, we managed a lazy 2.0 sixty in a BA F6 manual, launched from idle with a 13.7 ET at 105 mph
A lot of people keep mentioning lag as well, from my own personal experience this is not true.

4Vman: one of the journo's is an ANDRA licenced drag racer with many years experience with turbocharged six cylinder cars and very little with V8's

Old 13-04-2006, 12:27 PM   #41
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG3282
Spoolman: Interestingly, from memory and I'll dig up the timeslips, we managed a lazy 2.0 sixty in a BA F6 manual, launched from idle with a 13.7 ET at 105 mph
A lot of people keep mentioning lag as well, from my own personal experience this is not true.

4Vman: one of the journo's is an ANDRA licenced drag racer with many years experience with turbocharged six cylinder cars and very little with V8's
Excellent, thats good to know, so if they can't get at least a midish 13 out of an F6 then there's something not right!
If they ever did a high 12 or very low 13 do you think they'd have second thoughts about publishing the result?? Maybe repercussions with the govt and HSV?

Old 13-04-2006, 01:13 PM   #42
JG3282
Awake after dark

There are very strict regulations governing the power levels and performance of factory cars. BUT it would be in the best interests of the magazines to publish the exact performances. One mag managed 238 rwkW on a dyno and ran 105 mph, so they found that the mph backed up the factory power.