Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #1
Lajon

Default PCV Valve

G'day is this the correct PCV valve for the series 1 Au Lane?

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/onl...pid=7531#Cross

I found the manufacturer's website and it has the PCV-008 listed as the compatible unit for the AU but it completely different to what is in the car as it has 2 plugs for hoses

Lajon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: PCV Valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lajon View Post
G'day is this the correct PCV valve for the series 1 Au Lane?

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/onl...pid=7531#Cross

I found the manufacturer's website and it has the PCV-008 listed as the compatible unit for the AU but it completely different to what is in the car as it has 2 plugs for hoses
I may be missing something in that pic, but the silver bit goes into the rubber grommet/opening in the crankcase and the black bit on top connects to the hose feeding back into the intake.

BTW, that's a metal unit. You need a plastic unit. The metal units have been found by a few here to result in higher oil consumption, as the spring inside the valve is lighter than stock.

Cheers,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

GK is correct

UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

GK is correct

MH
Old 23-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #5
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Just remember if you buy the correct plastic one you will need to also to get the black angle piece that goes on top.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #6
Evgeni
Auto Nerd

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: In recognition of the many hours spent scanning information for the benefit of AFF members. 

Yep, those metal PCV's sucked about 100mls of oil out of my motor every 1000km's
Evgeni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #7
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Could I suggest you go to a proper spare parts place, and not the K-Mart for Cars.
Old 24-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #8
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
Just remember if you buy the correct plastic one you will need to also to get the black angle piece that goes on top.
This is true.

When I first bought one from Ford, many moons ago, the black piece was included in the $10 or so price.

Last year IIRC, I went to Ford to get a newie, which was $15 or so, plus another $12 or so for the black piece.

Didn't buy it!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #9
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Maybe its Windows 8 complient
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Old 26-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #10
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i bought a new steel one myself thinking it would be better after the old 10 year old plastic one carked it, i ended up going back to the plastic.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2022, 04:23 AM   #11
asimplelife
mechanical novice hopeful
Donating Member2

Wish I had read this thread BEFORE I just put in a metal PCV valve, thinking it MUST be better than the faulty plastic one I had :(
Also wanted to note, the new PCV valve has immediately fixed my running rich problem on an AU3 VCT motor I had recently installed.
I also suspect it will resolve another nagging problem, where sometimes, on a cold morning, if I had parked uphill overnight, I leave a trail of oily smoke behind me from the exhaust. As if the rings were badly worn. But the compression is very good. And it only happens sometimes under the noted conditions.

PS - yes...I know it is a thread mine
But adding the little bit of useful knowledge I accumulate to existing threads, seems to be the best way I can compliment this excellent body of knowledge, which I call on almost daily (apologies again for not contributing much...once I finally get back to just 2x AU falcons...I will hopefully have some free time to do so more)
asimplelife is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2022, 11:59 AM   #12
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

always welcome