Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-04-2006, 07:21 PM   #1
alpineau

Default Broke power window thingy

Hi guys

i think i power the power window lever on the drivers side door, Was changing speakers and pulled the door trim abit to hard. The car is an au2 75 anniversary

Any idea what there worth new

Cheers
Alpineau

alpineau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 07:26 PM   #2
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Remove just the power window switch and assembly and make sure you haven't just accidentlly pulled the plug apart when you pulled the door trim off, might be just a matter of plugging the plugs back together . gl

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 07:59 PM   #3
alpineau

Thanks XR6-VCT-2000 for the quick reply, i just hadd another look and i think it is broken

I unclipped it for the back and it fell apart into 2 peices. top and bottom and then while i was looking at how to put it back together i turned one part upside down and out fell a little joystick they the top part connects to

so i think i broke the little joystick part, Just hope they don't cost to much

Cheers
Alpineau
Old 09-04-2006, 08:01 PM   #4
alpineau

Wopps

I have to get some sleep, I miss typed the orignal message, it's not the power window is's the power mirror control on the top of the door

Cheers
alpineau
Old 09-04-2006, 08:22 PM   #5
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

I priced one about 6 months ago when mine came apart whilst trying to remove it from the door trim. I think it was only about $25 - $28 new from fraud. You'd probably get one cheaper from the wreckers though.
I ended up fiddling around and put mine all back together again until next time. lol
Chippar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 08:40 PM   #6
alpineau

Yea it stuffed

Will have to get another one tomorrow
Old 10-04-2006, 09:58 PM   #7
alpineau

Hi all

Just as a bit of general info the power mirror control thingy, The part no for this is ER17B676 A6 and my local ford dealer who is a rip off by the way sold it to me for $49.75

As i said just in case you ever do the same and break it mite be useful info

Cheers
Alpineau