Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 28-10-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
Mazman
Starter Motor

Default Iphone problems

Hi everyone,

I just picked up my new Titanium on Monday(in chill). I went to plug in my iphone into the usb via my standard connector from apple. The car car picks up that it's connected and i can scroll though the directories but instead of playing any music all it get is a low hissing noise. i get the same on the 3G and 3GS iphone handsets

I was wondering is anyone else had had this problem, and it they know of any solutions.

thanks!

Mazman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
RicOz

To get audio, you also need to plug in a 1.5mm line-in cable from the iphone headphone hole to the aux line-in hole next to the USB input in the glovebox.
Old 28-10-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Not having the USB plug in mine, thanks for the info.

Have a look here for more info: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11266050
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
Mazman
Starter Motor

thanks guys!
Mazman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 11:47 PM   #5
hairykewell
Starter Motor

I might as well hijack this thread since I also have an iPhone problem. When my iPhone is connected via bluetooth it doesn't matter what i'm listening to whether it be radio, cd, usb etc my iphone automatically starts playing music.

For example I'm listening to the radio I hear the radio but for some reason my iPhone is still playing music although I can't hear it. This isn't a major problem although it is affecting my battery life. Is there anyway to stop this from happening?
hairykewell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2009, 09:58 AM   #6
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I've got an iPhone and this has never happened to me. I'd be turning off the iPhone, the radio, and then pair it up again.

If that doesn't work, maybe have a look at the Euro Mondeo site, I'm sure there will be a thread on there about that (somewhere).
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #7
dino999
Starter Motor

Use USB or bluetooth if you want the car stereo unit to read the MP3 files - allows selection of songs or playlists via the car stereo or steering wheel buttons.

Use Aux line-in only if you just want out send music from your MP3 player into your car amp / speakers. Would need to select songs etc using the MP3 player. Sound quality won't be as good.

So if you have a USB port - why bother using the iphone to play music - just copy your MP3 collections onto a flash drive and stick it into the usb port.
dino999 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post