Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
liontamer
mirror smasher

Default 500 k holiday destination

hey guys i want to go some where bush to pitch up a tent for a week this xmas season some where closeish to water and shops but not to close thats aroud 500ks away from sunbury i have been looking for a while but have not found any thing nice yet

liontamer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 500 k holiday destination

At this late stage its probably going to be impossible to get a tent site at any established place along the beach front from adelaide all the way thru to sydney. Probably the best option is to try and pick one of the smaller towns along the murray between mildura and swan hill. Or the other option is to try up around the ovens valley area, bright b etc. Havent done it for a while, but there are areas along the rivers up there, that you can camp for free, but they dont have facilities at the sites.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
liontamer
mirror smasher

yeah i got a place at apollo bay thank fully
liontamer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bonnie Doon. Ahhhh, the serenity...
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Robinvale used to be a favourite haunt of mine........... would not be far off 500 ks I don't think , lots of spots to camp along side of the murray at lock 17, you go through a cattle grid through the fence and follow the track which leads to another track that runs along the river. Dry weather you can get a car and caravan along the river.
I haven't been there for years, but last time I went I was there for 3 weeks, theres also acaravan park down the road a bit if you want amenities.
Just a note....... if it rains and it looks like it not going to stop all night....... don't roll over and go back to sleep........ I did exactly that and found a very nice boggy bit of track on the way out......... took me 6 hours too winch and dig myself out .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post