Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 13-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Whitney who?

This is the first time I've wandered into the bar but I just wanted a show of hands..

Is it just me or is anyone else already sick to death of hearing that bl00dy "I Will Always Love You" song, and it's only lunch time!!

I don't deny her talent and she had a great voice till bobby brown got hold of her.

Yes she was once big, yes it's a tragedy boo hoo, boo hoo, but geez........

Whitney Houston, a once was-has been who doped herself up to the eyeballs then climbed into a bath to pass out, that was clever, NOT!.

I'll put on my flame suit now and go stand as far away from the TV and radio as possible till the storm passes.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Last edited by Bushbasher; 13-02-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 13-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Default Re: Whitney who?

bit harsh mate

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Old 13-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^What he said.

Put on a CD if you don't like the radio...
Old 13-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
FG_Frodza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha, harsh but I see his point. Not worth all the news coverage.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4150126
Old 13-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
dylby1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Harsh or not hes right.
Same thing happens every time.
If the druggo down the road dies you dont even know about it, but some has been star turned druggo dies apparently its a tragedy.
No its not
Yes she was talented but its her own fault things went the way they did. Shes not gunna get any sympathy out of me because her life turned to drugs.

1993 Honda VFR750F
Old 13-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
FG_Frodza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Felt the same way with Amy Winehouse.

Everyone had a massive sook when she died, one less druggy in the world I reckon.

Flame suit is on.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4150126
Old 13-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #7
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher
I'll put on my flame suit now and go stand as far away from the TV and radio as possible till the storm passes.Bushbasher
I'm right beside ya, buddy!!
Old 13-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #8
dylby1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep exactly. I dont see why people expect me to show sympathy
a) for someone i dont know
b) someone who has thrown their life away to drugs/alcohol

oh i made sure i had my flame suit on before i even bothered commenting haha

1993 Honda VFR750F
Old 13-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #9
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Regardless of what your personal thoughts are, I was bought up to always show respect for the dead. I guess I am from a different time...How things have changed....*sigh*
Old 13-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #10
satria
FOXWHO

bit harsh considering it's the media playing her music over and over not whitney herself.

By the way i'm with ya and can't stand all the coverage so i've just got my tv turned off.
Old 13-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #11
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

So bushhbasher, did you jump and down when the press/media was going on about Peter Brock's death?
Old 13-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #12
dylby1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
So bushhbasher, did you jump and down when the press/media was going on about Peter Brock's death?
Not comparable.

Racing legend who dies doing what he loves is NOT even similar to this...

1993 Honda VFR750F
Old 13-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #13
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

regardless of personal thoughts about her private life (which is no-one else's business but her own) I feel the world is the richer for having her marvellous voice entertain us for so long with so many exceptional songs that were such hits..

seven consecutive no 1's if my memory serves me correct

the world is just that little bit poorer for her passing!

the numbers of record sales show the popularity of the singer......the sellout shows....the money made

why people wish to denigrate one of our cherished singers, loved by millions, is to me beyond belief......they get there by sheer hard work and stay there by talent

I wasn't a fan but would never have her not be a part of our world as diversity is the spice of life

R.I.P. Whitney......long will you be loved!....your songs forever cherished.......thank you!!!!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 13-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #14
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cue the washed up druggo rent a crowd....

drugs...

bfd...

you are all so perfect...
Old 13-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #15
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylby1
Not comparable.

Racing legend who dies doing what he loves is NOT even similar to this...
He could well be described as a womanising, crystal loving whacko by some....

we're not all perfect...
Old 13-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #16
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

As this thread is heading towards lockville...Enjoy! (oh I is nastee! )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JWTaaS7LdU&ob=av2n
Old 13-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #17
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
He could well be described as a womanising, crystal loving whacko by some....

we're not all perfect...
he was off his head..

not on coke either..
Old 13-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #18
Miss_XR6

Her autopsy showed she died of drowning not a drug overdose some of you should learn to respect the dead

she was a great singer and actor and her voice is one that to this day has not been beaten she was talented
Old 13-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #19
dylby1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_XR6
Her autopsy showed she died of drowning not a drug overdose some of you should learn to respect the dead

she was a great singer and actor and her voice is one that to this day has not been beaten she was talented
i never once claimed she overdosed

Addition: this will be the last comment i post. Not real keen on getting reamed with the banstick today

1993 Honda VFR750F
Old 13-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #20
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'm not a fan of her work, but I see no need to can the lady, any death that isnt the result of old age is tragic INHO

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)

Last edited by Pinkbits; 13-02-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 13-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #21
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher
This is the first time I've wandered into the bar but I just wanted a show of hands..

Is it just me or is anyone else already sick to death of hearing that bl00dy "I Will Always Love You" song, and it's only lunch time!!

I don't deny her talent and she had a great voice till bobby brown got hold of her.

Yes she was once big, yes it's a tragedy boo hoo, boo hoo, but geez........

Whitney Houston, a once was-has been who doped herself up to the eyeballs then climbed into a bath to pass out, that was clever, NOT!.

I'll put on my flame suit now and go stand as far away from the TV and radio as possible till the storm passes.

Bushbasher
Agree 100%, when a soldier dies who was fighting for our freedom and it hardly gets a mention in the news, a police officer gets killed in the line of duty and it's a small article in the paper or 15 seconds on the evening news

Yet a drugged up junkie that decides to off herself with illegal drugs, dies at her own hand and due to her own actions and it's a tragedy, seriously this world need a reality check.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 13-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #22
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's been a train wreck for a long time and a real shame to see such talent wasted. I remember being shocked watching the bobby brown doco where he described helping Whitney out with her drig-related consipation - manually, with his fingers. (google it is you don't believe me).

Anyway... she was a serious talent. It's just such a shame that her life ended up spiralling into that place she found herself.
Old 13-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #23
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
cue the washed up druggo rent a crowd....

drugs...

bfd...

you are all so perfect...
Yes, in that regard I am. Straight Edge™ and loving it.
Old 13-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #24
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
Yes, in that regard I am. Straight Edge™ and loving it.
why is straight edge trademarked?
Old 13-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #25
dylby1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe
Agree 100%, when a soldier dies who was fighting for our freedom and it hardly gets a mention in the news, a police officer gets killed in the line of duty and it's a small article in the paper or 15 seconds on the evening news

Yet a drugged up junkie that decides to off herself with illegal drugs, dies at her own hand and due to her own actions and it's a tragedy, seriously this world need a reality check.
Yep. Thats exactly right.

1993 Honda VFR750F
Old 13-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #26
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:

+1. That's all I'm going to say.
Old 13-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #27
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Yet a drugged up junkie that decides to off herself with illegal drugs, dies at her own hand and it's a tragedy, seriously this world need a reality check.
another bloody expert on life..

i bow at your feet......
Old 13-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #28
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

straight edge, some way of life and phrase that goes with it, started by rise against i think.
i think its no drugs or grog but they seem to like to make a big show of it and love the attention. i
Old 13-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #29
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Ok, I'll reiterate, I don't deny her talent nor do I deny she had a great voice.

My gripe is with the coverage and the endless flogging of a couple of her songs over and over especially the one mentioned in my OP not by one media outlet but by all of them ad nausium till you just cringe and have to switch off cos there's no point switching stations cos they're all doing it and usually at the same time.

And I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for those stupid enough who willingly take so many drugs, legal or otherwise, that they wind up dead one way or another. There's always a better way.

Oh, and gcg2503 and any others regarding Brocky, yes, that coverage got a bit tiring eventually but it was nowhere near as full on as this and he died using his talent and doing what he was famous for, not the same thing at all. If Whitney Houston had died on stage by getting hit by a stage light or falling from some stage prop or whatever then it would be a different story and a real tragedy but she didn't, she doped herself up to the eyeballs and climbed into the bath. The real tragedy is that all her handlers, hangers on and loved ones couldn't stop her from taking the drugs that got her to this point.

Hey, I calls it how I sees it.

And Pottery Beige, even my best mate calls me a **** and worse so you're not alone.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Last edited by Pinkbits; 13-02-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 13-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #30
prasac
Banned

junkies are humans to, she has people that love and care for her. do i care that she is dead? no, it doesn't affect me one way or another.

now, that she is dead it might be a little easier for family and friends. i got junkie mates, its bad enough seeing what they do to themselves, its worse seeing how it affects the family.

they might be grieving for a year or so, imagine if she lived to 60 and was a junkie her whole life. i'd prefer a year of grieving then watching a drug addicted family member their whole life.
Closed Thread