Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Default 2008 TDCi or 2012 Ambiente

I don't spend a lot of time in this area so please forgive if perhaps this has a obvious answer....

Friend asked what'd be a better buy 2012 Ambiente or 2008 TDCi with 50000 on it for $5K less. I don't a heck of a lot about Focus or whats good and whats bad over the years, thought I'd consult the pro's ?

Any advice for the lady appreciated Personally:
Ambiente...new car smell, warranty, perfect
TDCi...love diesel but wouldn't the Ambiente still be pretty economical?, no warranty, fact is its secondhand over new

Unless there is something I dont know about 08 models the 2012 would be my choice? Prepared for disagreement

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Default Re: 2008 TDCi or 2012 Ambiente

so both focus?
one' current, the others four yrs.

i'd go the current model personally.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a 2008 TDCI with 93000kms on it.
Depends what she uses it for ..........the 1.6 in the Ambiente is probably unsuited to constant highway/freeway work and revs its head of at 100/110, where the idesel is justa cruising at 2000rpm.
However if it is just around town its easy...new car, new features, wins every time.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #4
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

5K isn't enough to justify the older model.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
5K isn't enough to justify the older model.
What this man says.

LW is much better than any of the previous models.

Though get the Ambiente in manual, that 1.6L in the Focus would need a bit of strategic driving to get the most out of it. Same engine in my WS Fiesta, sits on 3000 RPM in 5th gear at 100km/h, you don't notice the engine noise though, just road noise really.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #6
josem

I vote for the Ambiente. Do it fast before the Thai models come ashore. The german made cars are great ! The advantage of the diesel is just a bit on the economy but at 50k, the regular service is more expensive than with petrol. If you are considering the diesel because of the economy and you really do a lot of kilometres a year, then consider the fiesta econetic diesel.
josem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post