Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 09-10-2008, 05:23 PM   #1
SPID
Starter Motor

Default VE SV6 to a Mondeo TDCi

G'day everyone, have been following this forum for the last month and I have been following what you guys think of the new Mondeo, it seems the majority of you are really blown away with this car, so I decided to check it out and I'm not disappointed in what I saw either, so I have decided to trade in my 2007 VE SV6 on a white TDCi which comes with leather and Bluetooth, I pick the car up on Friday.

I know the car will not have the same acceleration as the V6, but I am gaining so much more in extra features and to be truth full though I have never had a problem with the Holden I did find it a bit bland on the inside and quite thirsty.

Have I made the right choice, and will I be happy with this car!!

Appreciate your feedback

SPID is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 05:49 PM   #2
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Going on the same basis you've gone on, you're gonna love this car. The people that own the TDCi Mondeo's love their cars and I don't think I've read a single comment where people haven't liked what they've gotten for their money. You'll find out soon enough but I'm sure you're gonna love it just as much as everyone else does!
Congrats on the purchase mate. Good to have another one over from the dark side!!

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 06:05 PM   #3
wjf

Congrats SPID. I'm kind of jealous you get to pick up your car this week, some of us had to wait months!!!!

The Mondeo may not have the outright acceleration of the SV6 but I would put the mid range acceleration right up there with any Holden or Ford 6 (XR6T notwithstanding).

Overtaking is truly fun in this car...
Old 09-10-2008, 06:07 PM   #4
SPID
Starter Motor

Glad to hear a positive on my new acquisition, but I thought I was coming to the dark side.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:10 PM   #5
PedroinTas
Frozen White Mondeo TDCI

Congrats,

I've got a white one on the way next week too (delivery date depends on fitting the tint, towpack and the euro plates that I ordered). Loved the test drive and can't wait to get behind the wheel.
PedroinTas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 07:57 PM   #6
SPID
Starter Motor

Yeah I got the Euro plates also, they had 4 Mondeos (all hatches) on the lot and all TDCi, three with Leather seats and Bluetooth and one without Leather but had a sunroof, drive away price was $39,750 and they gave me $25,500 as a trade in on the VE SV6.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:57 PM   #7
cammag

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPID
Glad to hear a positive on my new acquisition, but I thought I was coming to the dark side.
I come from a Holden family. Of the seven cars that I have bought, five of them have been Holden.

It still feels a little strange to be in a ford dealership. It is by far the best car I have owned.

I am sure you will love yours too.

P.S - Go Skaifey!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 08:18 PM   #8
SPID
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammag
I come from a Holden family. Of the seven cars that I have bought, five of them have been Holden.

It still feels a little strange to be in a ford dealership. It is by far the best car I have owned.

I am sure you will love yours too.

P.S - Go Skaifey!!!
Good to hear.

I will probably have a sleepless night tonite hoping I have made the right decision in trading in the Holden, she was a good car, yet I am excited in acquiring a Ford Mondeo, especially from all the positives on this forum.

Can't wait to take the Mondeo for a ride and see how she (he) goes, I will post my honest opinion.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:35 PM   #9
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Be prepared to be pulled over by people asking you about the car I should get a commission from Ford :

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 09:07 PM   #10
SPID
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Be prepared to be pulled over by people asking you about the car I should get a commission from Ford :

apstar

I had my bosses new Black G6E Turbo for a weekend, I know what you mean!!

Oh I am so looking forward to tomorrow and picking up the car.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:22 PM   #11
PedroinTas
Frozen White Mondeo TDCI

Lucky, I've got at least another week to wait.

I'll be interesting to see how the mostly highway driving we do stacks up on the economy (3 minute commute into town for work), so apart from the trip those trips, we mostly sit on the highway with cruise on 110.

They gave me a demo unit for a saturday morning and it didn't seem to matter what the hill was, the thing just cruised nicely at that speed.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:27 PM   #12
SPID
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroinTas
Lucky, I've got at least another week to wait.

I'll be interesting to see how the mostly highway driving we do stacks up on the economy (3 minute commute into town for work), so apart from the trip those trips, we mostly sit on the highway with cruise on 110.

They gave me a demo unit for a saturday morning and it didn't seem to matter what the hill was, the thing just cruised nicely at that speed.

What car did you have before!! and what made you go for a Mondeo!!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:45 PM   #13
Zippy7

Thumbs up

Congrats on your upgrade.
I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience as the rest of us do.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:45 PM   #14
PedroinTas
Frozen White Mondeo TDCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPID
What car did you have before!! and what made you go for a Mondeo!!
Just a crappy ol VS acclaim which was falling to bits. Went for the Mondeo because:

A. Decided to move to a mid size (even though it's probably got more room)

B. Like the styling better than the alternatives (6, liberty, accord)

c. We're now empty nester's and can afford to spend some $$ on ourselves for a change.

D. After all of the research, logging into this forum almost daily, reading all of the online reviews of the alternatives.

It really just came down to the Mondeo
Old 12-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #15
monkeyboy666

My TDCi just had its 30,000km service (I drive a lot..).Based on all the km's I've done I can say that like me you won't regret it - my average consumption is 6.0l/100km and the only problem I've had is a 'service oil' warning light coming on at 20,000km (fixed with an oil change under warranty) and the fact that I keep forgetting to close the front windows before I hit the windscreen cleaner button...
monkeyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #16
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy666
My TDCi just had its 30,000km service (I drive a lot..).Based on all the km's I've done I can say that like me you won't regret it - my average consumption is 6.0l/100km and the only problem I've had is a 'service oil' warning light coming on at 20,000km (fixed with an oil change under warranty) and the fact that I keep forgetting to close the front windows before I hit the windscreen cleaner button...
Is it a better car with 30,000 km under it's belt in relation to the engine being freed up from its new tightness

apstar

ps I hope you know what I'm trying to say :(
Old 12-10-2008, 10:25 PM   #17
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Personally I find the Mondeo a much better offering than the Commodore, my work car is a VE Omega ute. I am very disappointed with it, my previous work car was a VZ ute and was a better car.

My last personal car was a VZ Adventra and before that it was a VY wagon. The Mondeo is a much nicer car to get around in.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2008, 11:23 PM   #18
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Viykor
Personally I find the Mondeo a much better offering than the Commodore, my work car is a VE Omega ute. I am very disappointed with it, my previous work car was a VZ ute and was a better car.

My last personal car was a VZ Adventra and before that it was a VY wagon. The Mondeo is a much nicer car to get around in.
Was behind the latest Ferrari today sounded good but what a waste! quickest car between traffic lights it was overall low down in line with my bonnet

apstar
Old 13-10-2008, 10:02 AM   #19
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Is it a better car with 30,000 km under it's belt in relation to the engine being freed up from its new tightness

apstar

ps I hope you know what I'm trying to say :(
Apstar, my TDCi is about 3k of the 30k km service and I find it really responsive across the whole band.

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2008, 11:25 AM   #20
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ah great scribbly mines still very tight even after 2k do you think the gear box gets any better or not!!

apstar
Old 13-10-2008, 08:23 PM   #21
scribbly

Mine is better than when I started out but I mostly do country driving. This seems to run it in better, I guess.
I've never had the Mondeo grab a too low gear. The Territory did it all the time and would over rev to the buggery. Sometimes you feel the limitation but to my way of thinking you have to go for a manual if you want to top out the revs before each gear change.
I love the auto these days and unless I get stuck with a manual when I travel to a country like New Caledonia I'm happy to have the car work out where the revs should be for the gear change.

MA Mondeo
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
Old 14-10-2008, 11:59 PM   #22
SPID
Starter Motor

Picked the Mondeo up on Friday afternoon, spent the weekend taking the car for a drive and I have to say I am very impressed with this car, bit slow on the uptake but once going she is a dream to drive, I love the layout in the cabin, looks so much better than the SV6 but I do have a couple of gripes, the glovebox is way to small and cheap looking, and I am getting a reflection in the right hand mirror from the right hand airvent which I find distracting, 'any one else have this problem' and I suppose in time I will get used to it but I find the right hand mirror with the distance view strange. Done the wiper trick when turning left or right and had a couple of arguments with the voice activation when I wanted to use my phone and she kept on asking me what fan speed other than that she's sweet.

The Mondeo may not have the street cred (yet) but all in all this car has to be one of the best I have owned, no regrets from an ex SV6 owner.
Old 15-10-2008, 12:56 AM   #23
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wish they gave us a bit of protection along the sides of the car for those idiots in car parking areas who don't give a s.h.i.t about other people cars

apstar
Old 16-10-2008, 06:53 PM   #24
scribbly

Yeah Apstar, I copped a scratch and dint just above the driver door handle. Am I pi$$ed. :

MA Mondeo
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT