Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 16-09-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
hodnic
Starter Motor

Default My Tdci

Hi eveyone, i took delivery of my Tdci about 3 weeks ago - and i love it. I had a Commodore-S on lease for 5 years and decided to buy that and give it to my wife. But i needed a new car and after a lot of research decided on the mondeo, and particulalrly on the diesel for the fuel economy.

As im very happy thus far (only done 864 k/m so far) with what is appearing to be a great car im looking forward to going to the Gold Coast from Canberra in January and see how it performs on the journey especially the fuel economy. But from reading some of the threads i dont think ill be disappointed.

One thing i would like to do very much is change the audio system. not because the factory system is no good (in fact it sounds great) but i would like a dvd double din unit, but due to the shape of the factory one im just wondering how easy, or hard, that would be to accomplish? would love to hear others experience in chaging the unit.

hodnic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2008, 10:23 PM   #2
r2d2

Welcome to the club hodnic.
Old 17-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #3
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Welcome.

There is currently a DVD headunit made for mondeo on Ebay. We are unsure of the quality of the unit, but it is the same shape as the current headunit for an easy swap with no cutting of the dash etc.

All can be reversed with no damage.

It may be a solution to your needs, worth a look.

A few guys have ran the same unit but in the focus with no problems yet so far.
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2008, 11:05 AM   #4
warren77

See this thread http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11230674

I decided against it because wasn't sure how it would integrate with the factory bluetooth and also, seemed a bit high in cost.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2008, 02:16 PM   #5
hodnic
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRsedan
Welcome.

There is currently a DVD headunit made for mondeo on Ebay. We are unsure of the quality of the unit, but it is the same shape as the current headunit for an easy swap with no cutting of the dash etc.

All can be reversed with no damage.

It may be a solution to your needs, worth a look.

A few guys have ran the same unit but in the focus with no problems yet so far.
Thanks for that, i had a look at it and it looks just what im after. Any more feedback from the guys that put it in the Focus as to its reliability or whether there were any other issues?
Old 20-09-2008, 07:30 PM   #6
hodnic
Starter Motor

Question Mondeo Tdci facia

Can anyone provide me some information on removing the facia in a Mondeo Tdci. I removed the four torx screws but when it didnt give, didnt want to go further - looks like maybe the ashtray needs to come out? assistance much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 21-09-2008, 01:31 AM   #7
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Careful with the DVD it needs to be region 4 !!

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2008, 10:58 AM   #8
warren77

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Careful with the DVD it needs to be region 4 !!

apstar
Or region free
Old 21-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #9
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Better still Warren interesting the first manufacture that puts in a Blu-Ray player into a car if it hasn't already happened

apstar
Old 21-09-2008, 03:16 PM   #10
warren77

I think the prices are going to have to drop a bit more before we see a car bluray. Once we see a BluRay player for home around the $150AUD mark, then I think you will see a head unit come out supporting it.
Old 21-09-2008, 04:24 PM   #11
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Better still Warren interesting the first manufacture that puts in a Blu-Ray player into a car if it hasn't already happened

apstar
I could be wrong but it might be a while before we see this - the picture quality advantage of blu-ray on such a small screen would be next to impossible to distinguish over DVD at that size screen. I'd think the costs would have to be similar to DVD or blu-ray would need to become more mainstream before we see it as a common feature.

Some of the high end head units in the UK Mondeo do look very nice.....
Old 21-09-2008, 07:23 PM   #12
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Point taken Superoo should have released that :

apstar