Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 17-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #1
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

Default TDci Questions

Hi

Sorry if there's a dedicated thread about this, pls send me to the link.

What is your economy like? I understand that peak hour to cruising will result in differing figures but how does it compare to the FORD figure of 7.3L/100km.

When is FORD going to release the Mondeo with the 2.2L diesel? I understand that mazda will be releasing their 6 in a couple of months with a 2.2L diesel that will be rated at 5.9L/100km?

Has it been Gr8 purchase for you?

Aaron

ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2008, 10:37 PM   #2
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

The advertised fuel consumption is the result of a gov specified test program where the car is run on a chassis dyno under strict guidelines to simulate a series of different driving conditions. If you replicate these conditions out on the road you WILL record the same consumption figures that are advertised. The actual purpose of these figures is so that you can make an informed decision and directly compare different vehicles with confidence knowing that they have all under gone the same testing program and the figures are accurate as far as the test goes. Hope that helps. As far as the Mazda goes, until you see the actual test results all the so called fuel consumption figures are nothing more than speculation. The Diesel in the Mondeo is state of the art, I wouldn’t expect that Mazda will be able to improve it that much.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2008, 10:58 PM   #3
AnthonyTDCi
Focus TDCi

hmm....i doubt the 2.2lt mazda diesel in a new 6 will run at 5.9lt/100 seeing as the 2lt diesel in the 3 runs at 6.0lt/100...

my focus diesel is great on fuel! 10/10 for Fords 2lt diesel effort. i know the mondeo diesel wont be quite as economic....but going by the figures i get with my car and what Ford state...you will be getting very close to what they state for the mondeo with normal driving.

anthony
AnthonyTDCi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2008, 12:40 AM   #4
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting to see those figures when warmer weather arrives its a well known fact that turbo charged vehicles run much better in cooler weather hence the need for an intercooler and I must say the Mondeo has a decent size unit

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2008, 09:48 AM   #5
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Not such an issue in Diesels, but yeah will make a difference.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2008, 10:06 AM   #6
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Interesting to see those figures when warmer weather arrives its a well known fact that turbo charged vehicles run much better in cooler weather hence the need for an intercooler and I must say the Mondeo has a decent size unit

apstar
I always knew it was an advantage to drive this car in country Victoria ('cause its cold). But it does get damn hot sometimes. I've had my car since April so haven't had to put it through its paces in summer yet.

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2008, 10:08 AM   #7
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorya
Hi

Sorry if there's a dedicated thread about this, pls send me to the link.

What is your economy like? I understand that peak hour to cruising will result in differing figures but how does it compare to the FORD figure of 7.3L/100km.

When is FORD going to release the Mondeo with the 2.2L diesel? I understand that mazda will be releasing their 6 in a couple of months with a 2.2L diesel that will be rated at 5.9L/100km?

Has it been Gr8 purchase for you?

Aaron
I do a mix of city and country, with it leaning to the city. I've done (at last fill up) 12,256 and I am averaging 7.3 l/100 kms. Pretty good fuel economy.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post