Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 04-09-2008, 06:01 PM   #1
warren77

Default Blown Headlight Globe

I had changed my headlight globes over not long after I got the car.
Today one of them blew (that will teach me for buying cheap globes off ebay!) and the only reason I knew about it, was the info message that came up on the LCD screen, saying "Low Beam Fault".

Instead of getting the two beams of light coming out the front of the car, you get a single dot of light.

Very cool feature.

Now I am off to buy some better quality globes!

warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 12:27 AM   #2
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Had the same thing happen to me, finished up going back to standard for the main beam and just using the 100w driving light globes. No problems since.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 02:32 PM   #3
warren77

Anyone upgraded to a HID kit?

I also put in 100W globes for the high beam.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:29 PM   #4
cammag

Should be careful using 100w bulbs. The extra heat from 100w can scorch and warp the reflector surface and polycarbonate lens. Especially if used continuously for a while.

And technically speaking, changing the bulbs to something outside of factory spec is also illegal, but you have to be bloody unlucky to get caught of course.

I fitted Philips VisionPlus bulbs and love them. The first thing I have fitted to the last three cars we have bought. They generate a lot more light and throw it a further. Also check out Osram, they also make some good bulbs. If you are feeling a little frugal check out Narva for some good buys.

In QLD HID light kits are not for on road use. I think it way well be the same in other states. HIDs are also dangerous for other drivers.

Cheers.

Last edited by cammag; 12-09-2008 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Spelling
cammag is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2008, 05:42 PM   #5
warren77

It is only illegal if you get caught ;-)

I have never had a problem with any of the 100W globes I have fitted to my previous cars (Liberty GX and then RX). Have run them for up to 4 hours on high beam without an issue.

Any more driving than that at night and I would be looking at a decent set of spotties.