Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 27-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #1
deckie
Starter Motor

Talking Work to be done

Ok, aside from the engine mounts I mentioned in an earlier post, the following work needs to be done:

1. front lower control arm bushes need replacing.
2. rear wheel cylinders leaking badly.
3. brake shoes need replacing.
4. front brake hoses perished and need replacing.

the above list is in their words. some of it, such as the brakes and cylinder, doesnt look as bad as they are saying. : (ive heard dodgy reports about this mechanic AFTER i'd been there hahaha always the way eh :togo: )

how much of that is do-able myself?? im reasonably mechanically minded, so it shouldnt be a problem if i'm pointed in the right direction.

any input from anyone would be great!!!

cheers

deckie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 11:56 PM   #2
dirty hands
Over Thinker

2. rear wheel cylinders leaking badly.::: buy of the shelf
3. brake shoes need replacing. :::same
4. front brake hoses perished and need replacing.:::same

bleed the whole brake system

2-4 you can do yourself

now
you can remove the lower control arms
that means CV joints off

the lower control arm bushes themselves have to be
cut out with a hacksaw if original
or pressed out

take the lower control arms to pedders or other suspension shop fit the bushes to save a bit of labour