Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland

Old 30-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Exclamation Interests For Wheel Swap

G'day, I am trying to find anybody interested in swapping wheels with me, I'm in need of some 18" wheels with fairly decent tread as I'm on my way back to Darwin via Warooka in S.A. My wheels in question are 20" speedy jaguars with 225/35's, all with near new tyres, all replaced in Townsville last week and one being replaced tomorrow, while these wheels are fine around towns and perfect highways, they are doing me absolutely no favours over these distances and shoddy country roads. One rim has a decent bit of rash around the lip from the missus :/ and the rest have at least one graze on them from I have no idea. I'm not sure how to post pics as I'm doing this with my phone, but if there are any serious interests I'm more than happy to txt pics of each wheel or meet up. I'm staying in beachmere until the 4th jan, then we'll be on our way again. My car to suit is a 07 BF II XR8. Cheers, Mick.

There's no replacement for displacement!!!

Handling: Bilstein Shocks with King springs all round, Whiteline 27mm front swaybar & 22mm rear adj, upgraded PBR rotors, calipers and braided lines all round with Bendix Ultimate pads.
Go Fast Bits: Herrod C.A.I with K&N 4" pod flter, Herrod Helix spacer, Herrod oil breathers, Tridon 72c thermostat, Herrod 2.5" stainless cat back zorst.

Last edited by Bunyip04; 30-12-2013 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Spelling errors.
Bunyip04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2013, 07:27 AM   #2
Wolfinsheepsclothing
preying on lions

Default Re: Interests For Wheel Swap

might pay to go to a bigger tyre eg- 245/30-20, 225/35-20 seems way to small to me
Old 31-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #3
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Yeah I know, unfortunately it's the only size that fits on the front of mine :/

Handling: Bilstein Shocks with King springs all round, Whiteline 27mm front swaybar & 22mm rear adj, upgraded PBR rotors, calipers and braided lines all round with Bendix Ultimate pads.
Go Fast Bits: Herrod C.A.I with K&N 4" pod flter, Herrod Helix spacer, Herrod oil breathers, Tridon 72c thermostat, Herrod 2.5" stainless cat back zorst.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:59 AM   #4
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Dilemma sorted, please delete. Cheers, Mick.