Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2008, 09:44 AM   #1
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default Alarm and central locking

I know I don't go to a lot of dodgy places, and that my TDCi Hatch is always parked under cover (at least I try to), but I've been reading about an alarm on the Mondeo. Is this only on the XR5? I've never set mine off, and I don't get any beeps when the car is locked. How would I know if I have one?

My dealer is trying to tell me that the central locking can only work from the driver's side. In my trusty Futura, there was a handy button on the dash that locked all the doors. My partner gets a bit iffy about not having the doors locked at all times (watching too much SVU I think). Someone out there will know if you can set the locking mechanism to work from both the driver's and passenger's side.

Also, is it possible to have the key re-configured so that when I press the lock button once only the driver's door opens and two presses opens all doors?

I've got the Euro book from the Colonel, but it doesn't say anything in there about this (not that I've seen).

Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post