Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 11:38 AM   #1
leesa

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
“Most people” have heart damage after covid? How about providing proof other than the sky is falling dramatic statements.
Just google it, I'm not going to spoon-feed you. If by this stage you haven't heard medical people talk what covid is doing to the body then I'm not sure you'll agree with any proof that I provide.

5 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2021, 12:53 PM   #2
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Just google it, I'm not going to spoon-feed you. If by this stage you haven't heard medical people talk what covid is doing to the body then I'm not sure you'll agree with any proof that I provide.
Of the millions of cases worldwide, how many have had testing of heart capacity and function after they've recovered?

Of those who have died, either from or with, how many were autopsied?

Scaremongering never works. It almost always has the opposite effect.

Much better to just use actual facts. 'Most people' is not facts. That's using language to make the situation seem worse to try to create compliance. It just doesn't work.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:52 AM   #3
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Medical professionals have already proven that most people who contract covid are left with heart damage even if they only had mild symptoms.

Please provide evidence of the highlighted text cause it contradicts what I am hearing from two family members, both of who are doctors.
Old 06-01-2021, 01:40 PM   #4
mostly_broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
Please provide evidence of the highlighted text cause it contradicts what I am hearing from two family members, both of who are doctors.
this is the biggest bunch of crap right? It could be true of the flu as well but no one ever checked

True of chicken pox ? No one ever checked the hearts or brain scans of the 8 billion people on the planet before they got sick so what do any of these speculations even mean
Old 06-01-2021, 01:57 PM   #5
mostly_broncos

Another thing about all these last effects . 99.5% of current cases are described as mild , these people are recovering at home on their own or with help from friends and family and no before and after data is being collected about them.

If you have a "mild" you get sent home and no one ever speaks to you again. So , when there is some study of 34 people who had heart damage , remember they are probably people who are severely ill and in the hospital or already had heart scans for some reason , probably a pre existing condition. No one who doesn't have a heart problem already gets these scans , no public or for profit health care system budgets for those tests for people that are healthy.

It also should be noted , people who are healthy stay that way but avoiding hospitals as a rule unless they get laid low by something.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2021, 03:38 PM   #6
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostly_broncos View Post
this is the biggest bunch of crap right? It could be true of the flu as well but no one ever checked

True of chicken pox ? No one ever checked the hearts or brain scans of the 8 billion people on the planet before they got sick so what do any of these speculations even mean
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2768916

Not the largest sample size, but I imagine cardiac MRI scans aren't cheap. Note the parts which say 'independent of severity', some subjects were even asymptomatic.
Old 04-01-2021, 04:42 PM   #7
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

NSW records zero local COVID-19 cases, but two cases found after reporting period

NSW Acting Premier John Barilaro challenged people to come out in droves to get tested, particularly in Western Sydney.

"My message to everybody, everyone though today we are talking about a zero day of locally-acquired cases, it is important that we keep that testing regime up," Mr Barilaro said.

"Let's see how as a state we can actually again bring the numbers up — 30, 40, 50,000."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...eriod/13029168
This user likes this post:
Old 04-01-2021, 06:29 PM   #8
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

NSW Police Minister ‘furious’ as cops investigate Fairfield wedding venue for having 600-800 guests
Quote:
NSW Police confirmed on Monday the venue has been fined $5000 for allowing between 600 and 800 guests at a reception on Saturday night.
https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/nsw...f8072643fed5de

The Imperial Paradiso reception venue in Fairfield was fined... wait for it.. $5'000 dollars. After they had deliberately disobeyed NSW directives. $5'000, when the venue is said to have made a profit of just over $100'000 for the night. None of the 600 to 800 guests in attendance were fined.

This will only encourage other venues to do as they please, if the fine is only going to be $5'000.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:44 PM   #9
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
[B][SIZE="4"]The Imperial Paradiso reception venue in Fairfield was fined... wait for it.. $5'000 dollars. After they had deliberately disobeyed NSW directives. $5'000, when the venue is said to have made a profit of just over $100'000 for the night. None of the 600 to 800 guests in attendance were fined.

This will only encourage other venues to do as they please, if the fine is only going to be $5'000.
Having trouble with this - they were fined 5 inches to 3 decimal places?
2 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2021, 06:48 PM   #10
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Having trouble with this - they were fined 5 inches to 3 decimal places?

Old 04-01-2021, 07:25 PM   #11
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When you play politics with a pandemic it tends to come back and bite you in the ***....

SCG now limited to 10,000 a day. Common sense prevailed.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
4 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2021, 08:16 PM   #12
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

This is not good!

Urgent Covid alert for 63 Sydney suburbs after disturbing find

Quote:
More than 60 suburbs have been put on alert, after sewage testing at two treatment plants in Sydney detected fragments of the virus which causes Covid-19.

The fragments were detected as part of NSW’s ongoing sewage surveillance, the two treatment plants authorities flagged on Monday are the treatment plants in Liverpool and Glenfield in Sydney’s south west.

The suburbs covered by the Liverpool and Glenfield treatment plans include:
  • Abbotsbury
  • Airds
  • Ambarvale
  • Appin
  • Austral
  • Bardia
  • Blair Athol
  • Blairmount
  • Bonnyrigg Heights
  • Bow Bowing
  • Bradbury
  • Campbelltown
  • Carnes Hill
  • Cartwright
  • Casula
  • Catherine Field
  • Cecil Hills
  • Cecil Park
  • Chipping Norton
  • Claymore
  • Denham Court
  • Eagle Vale
  • Edensor Park
  • Edmondson Park
  • Elizabeth Hills
  • Englorie Park
  • Eschol Park
  • Gledswood Hills
  • Glen Alpine
  • Glenfield
  • Green Valley
  • Hammondville
  • Hinchinbrook
  • Holsworthy
  • Horningsea Park
  • Hoxton Park
  • Ingleburn
  • Kearns
  • Len Waters Estate
  • Leppington
  • Leumeah
  • Liverpool
  • Lurnea
  • Macquarie Fields
  • Macquarie Links
  • Menangle Park
  • Middleton Grange
  • Miller
  • Minto
  • Moorebank
  • Pleasure Point
  • Preston
  • Raby,
  • Rosemeadow,
  • Ruse
  • St Andrews
  • St Helens Park
  • Varroville
  • Voyager Point
  • Warwick Farm
  • Wattle Grove
  • West Hoxton
  • Woodbine
https://au.news.yahoo.com/urgent-cov...053633550.html

#StayInfectedStayOpen
Old 04-01-2021, 08:57 PM   #13
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Remember back in the day on the rugby paddock, there was that chirpy little turd of a half back who would stand at the back of the ruck and constantly wind you up. All you ever wanted to do was grab him and beat the living daylights out of him... be he would always scamper away.

McGowan is the political version of that half back

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...icism/13029578

Quote:
Mr McGowan brushed off the suggestion he was lecturing, saying he wanted to help NSW "where [WA] can" because its model of managing the virus "has worked".
Old 04-01-2021, 09:45 PM   #14
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
Remember back in the day on the rugby paddock, there was that chirpy little turd of a half back who would stand at the back of the ruck and constantly wind you up. All you ever wanted to do was grab him and beat the living daylights out of him... be he would always scamper away.

McGowan is the political version of that half back

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...icism/13029578
Quote:
"Currently Western Australia is taking the most per capita of returning Australians of any state"

IMO, states 'allowing' or at least not controlling interstate travel should have acted differently.

You'll bag Gladdys, you'll bag Dan ? What about S.A, Tas or NT ? Haven't heard much from them, at least Mark tells you the 'deal'
If the state(s) govt can't control the people, why shouldn't it be 'black and white' ?
We are fortunate here that's for sure, what would you do with that option given its 'out of control' there ?

I would stand and defend regardless of them that think a loud, with a superiority complex will win; does not work in my space

Last edited by Mr_G6ET; 04-01-2021 at 09:52 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2021, 09:54 PM   #15
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

I still cant understand why the Federal Govt doesnt install/enact 'standards'
Old 04-01-2021, 10:10 PM   #16
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
I still cant understand why the Federal Govt doesnt install/enact 'standards'
This article should somewhat explain the Federal Governments contribution to this whole pandemic.

Quote:
PM shirks duty in gold-standard quarantine blame game (23/12/2020)

When it comes to the managing of the COVID-19 pandemic in Australia, there is plenty of blame to go around. But don’t look to the federal government to accept its fair share.

The Sydney Northern Beaches outbreak has shattered the poster girl image of Liberal premier Gladys Berejiklian that her Canberra counterparts have spent most of the year telling us was the “gold standard” among the states.

Early in the pandemic at the first meeting of Scott Morrison’s national cabinet – the rolling summit of the state and territory leaders – according to a source close to the meeting, the states were shocked when the Prime Minister came to the meeting with no quarantine plan.

I am told that’s when Mr Andrews, with the support of the other state and territory leaders, agreed to set up and pay for hotel quarantine.

This let the Commonwealth off the hook, not that you would know it with the PM regularly touting his generous offer of the Australian Defence Force to assist with policing the arrangement.
The entire article can be found HERE. Well worth the read.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2021, 10:19 PM   #17
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Quote:
"Currently Western Australia is taking the most per capita of returning Australians of any state"

IMO, states 'allowing' or at least not controlling interstate travel should have acted differently.

You'll bag Gladdys, you'll bag Dan ? What about S.A, Tas or NT ? Haven't heard much from them, at least Mark tells you the 'deal'
If the state(s) govt can't control the people, why shouldn't it be 'black and white' ?
We are fortunate here that's for sure, what would you do with that option given its 'out of control' there ?

I would stand and defend regardless of them that think a loud, with a superiority complex will win; does not work in my space

I'm a big fan of MM. Its got nothing to do with party politics, I just like how he calls it straight, no beating around the bush, marketing spin or weasel words. He is doing exactly the right thing by his constituents with these quick and firm decisions. In fact I think he is doing the right thing by the country as a whole. WA's economy is churning along, and they are bringing in a surplus whereas other states are haemorrhaging deficits.

Lecturing is when you stand on your ivory tower criticising every other premier for taking steps to protect their residents when it is your inaction causing it. Just my opinion.
4 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2021, 10:29 PM   #18
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
I'm a big fan of MM. Its got nothing to do with party politics, I just like how he calls it straight, no beating around the bush, marketing spin or weasel words. He is doing exactly the right thing by his constituents with these quick and firm decisions. In fact I think he is doing the right thing by the country as a whole. WA's economy is churning along, and they are bringing in a surplus whereas other states are haemorrhaging deficits.

Lecturing is when you stand on your ivory tower criticising every other premier for taking steps to protect their residents when it is your inaction causing it. Just my opinion.
I hear you, it is a hard (hard) situation. He is that half back that has a good position ?
Not sure he will scamper away, alone maybe but he has backing of us in the WA bubble
Old 04-01-2021, 10:47 PM   #19
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:

I hear you, it is a hard (hard) situation. He is that half back that has a good position ?
Not sure he will scamper away, alone maybe but he has backing of us in the WA bubble
The things he is dealing with are on a completely different scale to what NSW and Victoria are dealing with.

For sure he is doing a good job.

That is not to say that Glady's and Dan are doing bad jobs. Their job is orders or magnitude harder that WA. They have such bigger populations and much higher population densities. They also have tightly coupled states along the East coast. Closing borders is dramatic for Vic, QLD and NSW.

To offer advice by press release and public statements lacks class. But one thing is for sure, we have had plenty of politicking in the last year.
Old 04-01-2021, 10:29 PM   #20
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.theage.com.au/national/k...04-p56rob.html

Hat tip to MM, well done on protecting WA's people. With no virus, your economy can zoom along. Hopefully Vic can get rid of it once more.
Old 05-01-2021, 04:38 PM   #21
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

This is pretty sad in anyone's language....

Ambulance crews told not to transport patients who have little chance of survival

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-surge-illness

Quote:
The situation in Los Angeles County hospitals is so critical that ambulance crews have been advised to cut back on their use of oxygen and to not bring to hospitals patients who have virtually no chance of survival. Officials say they need to focus on patients with a greater chance of surviving.

The measures were taken as circumstances are expected to become even worse in coming weeks, when patients sickened over the Christmas holiday will need treatment, leaving officials desperate for ways to increase capacity and triage care to focus on the sickest patients.

Already, “many hospitals have reached a point of crisis and are having to make very tough decisions about patient care,” said Dr. Christina Ghaly, the L.A. County director of health services.

“The volume being seen in our hospitals still represents the cases that resulted from the Thanksgiving holiday,” she added during a briefing Monday. “We do not believe that we are yet seeing the cases that stemmed from the Christmas holiday. This, sadly, and the cases from the recent New Year’s holiday, is still before us, and hospitals across the region are doing everything they can to prepare.” more in link....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 04-01-2021, 10:33 PM   #22
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post

C,mon take away the mines WA would be dead in the water with their economy!
He is no different to his counterpart in QLD.... arrogance at their best.
Sorry just my rant on those two....
Old 04-01-2021, 10:38 PM   #23
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
C,mon take away the mines WA would be dead in the water with their economy!
He is no different to his counterpart in QLD.... arrogance at their best.
Sorry just my rant on those two....
Umm, the mines are real, do you all know the gas output here ?
Sure iron ore is a 'good ****' thing but not only what we do here
Old 04-01-2021, 09:55 PM   #24
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

4 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2021, 09:59 PM   #25
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
daft bastard ..thats funny
Old 05-01-2021, 08:04 AM   #26
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

2021 F1 Australian GP set to be postponed amid COVID restrictions

The opening round of the 2021 Formula 1 season in Australia is set to be postponed, Autosport has learned.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...o-be-postponed
Old 05-01-2021, 12:59 PM   #27
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT January 4th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

21 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.189%. NSW recorded 7 cases, Queensland 5, Victoria & SA recorded 4 each while WA & NT had 1 case each.

No new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.146% and active cases 72.

The UK had a new record 58,474 cases yesterday and 407 deaths.

Just over 241k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,447 deaths sees CMR fall to 1.702% and active cases at 39.4% with the raw numbers rising and now over 8.3M. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting):
Global cases pass 86M with the last 1M in 1 day;
The USA completes 259M, India 175M, UK 56M, Italy 27M, Turkey 25M, Canada 14M and the Netherlands 6M tests.

Only -
Nigeria (1,271);
Dominican Republic (2,043) -
the previous high on 26/7;
Ireland (6,110) - 23% above the high yesterday; and
the UK (58,474)

recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2021, 02:01 PM   #28
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
“Most people” have heart damage after covid? How about providing proof other than the sky is falling dramatic statements.
Quote:

I think this is the study you guys were looking for, really easy to find on Google.

Quote:
In this cohort study including 100 patients recently recovered from COVID-19 identified from a COVID-19 test center, cardiac magnetic resonance imaging revealed cardiac involvement in 78 patients (78%) and ongoing myocardial inflammation in 60 patients (60%), which was independent of preexisting conditions, severity and overall course of the acute illness, and the time from the original diagnosis.
Granted this particular sample size is not very large at all, but considering these results are independent of pre-existing conditions, it's still a significant finding.

tl;dr - 60% = 'most'

Like leesa said though, we have months and months of this data, if studies like these don't convince you that you don't want to spread this virus, then nothing will.
Meanwhile, we're not seeing too many links to studies from the anti-covid side of the camp...
2 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2021, 03:27 PM   #29
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metdevil View Post
I think this is the study you guys were looking for, really easy to find on Google.

Granted this particular sample size is not very large at all, but considering these results are independent of pre-existing conditions, it's still a significant finding.

tl;dr - 60% = 'most'

Like leesa said though, we have months and months of this data, if studies like these don't convince you that you don't want to spread this virus, then nothing will.
Meanwhile, we're not seeing too many links to studies from the anti-covid side of the camp...
The poster said “even mild cases” . The cases in this study were recovered from hospitalisation with “severe acute respiratory syndrome” So nowhere near 60% of all covid sufferers. NSW has 1 person hospitalised out of 198 cases. So let’s call it at worst case 60% of less than 1% (6 in a 1000) are in danger of ongoing heart issues, which is about the same as severe influenza. So yes, scaremongering.

3 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2021, 04:12 PM   #30
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
The poster said “even mild cases” . The cases in this study were recovered from hospitalisation with “severe acute respiratory syndrome” So nowhere near 60% of all covid sufferers. NSW has 1 person hospitalised out of 198 cases. So let’s call it at worst case 60% of less than 1% (6 in a 1000) are in danger of ongoing heart issues, which is about the same as severe influenza. So yes, scaremongering.
He may have said that, I'm not going to back up or speak for him, all I'm doing is providing the study that he was clearly referring to.

In saying that however, only a third required hospitalisation.

Quote:
Of the 100 patients recently recovered from COVID-19, 67 (67%) recovered at home, while 33 (33%) required hospitalization.
Quote:
Our findings demonstrate that participants with a relative paucity of preexisting cardiovascular condition and with mostly home-based recovery had frequent cardiac inflammatory involvement, which was similar to the hospitalized subgroup with regards to severity and extent.
The study also notes 'independent of severity of the illness', 18 of them were even asymptomatic...
Closed Thread