Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-04-2006, 07:16 PM   #1
Blue Ice
Living the Dream

Exclamation Double murder in Morwell, VIC

There was a double murder around the corner from where I work today, 2 people stabbed to death in a block of units up Bridle Road, near the corner of Chickeral Street. Pretty sure it just houses old people too. How spooky is that? Just knowing 2 people were murdered not far from where you are, and that some crazy person is wandering around stabbing people.

Im thinking it might have been a robbery gone wrong or something, but then again, it could have been for some unknown reason. They've got most of the road cut off, has been since 3pm. No real details yet, just some info I picked up by asking a copper when I passed by the area.

Blue Ice is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2006, 08:28 PM   #2
max
LWBforME

There you go. It ain't just Melton!
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2006, 01:04 PM   #3
Bluefreak

Not a good feeling... You'd probably remember many years ago there was a murder in Tarwin St, they never found the womans body. We sold that house about 12 months before the murder...Spooky stuff.
Bluefreak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 10:15 PM   #4
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

OK I'm a latecomer to this thread...

I never knew about this! I spend a fair amount of time in Morwell, but I'm up the other end of town (unless hunting Commodores near Mid Valley). The units near Chickeral St wouldn't happen to be just a pair (1 & 2)? I might have to cruise by out of morbid curiosity tomorrow after uni.

Condolences to the victims' family/families.

My mates used to live in Dayble Street when a double-murder took place there, which was on the other side of the road. They moved out shortly after!

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 10:29 PM   #5
alesia
Banned

I live in a fairly small town (Warrnambool, round about 40,000 people)
anyways a couple of years ago there was a murder a couple of blocks from where i live with my family...
about a week after it happened i was home alone (family was away on holidays)
and im laying in bed i hear this noise (like a door handle being turned back and forth) i tip toe up to the door and i see a shadow trying to get through the back door (it was locked but who ever it was wanted to get in pretty bad.

i freaked and kicked the door and turned on the light , and they ran away ...i made my friend come around and sit with me all night i didnt sleep that night......

so thats my little story:P
alesia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 10:41 PM   #6
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Hmm yeah its wierd eh. About 10 or 11 year ago (I think) about 2 km from where I live in the next suburb some guy killed his partner and three kids. Shortly before that a high school student from Dakabin State High returned to his Dakabin home and interrupted a pair of burglars who stabbed him to death.

I was only about 12 or 13 at the time so it was pretty wierd being so close to these crimes and watching all the news choppers flying over etc etc.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:58 AM   #7
LTDHO
The one and only

Sounds like a couple of people got lost from Moe!

It's pretty bad what things are coming to.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post