Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 28-06-2005, 10:25 PM   #1
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Talking My WHITE Focus

Finally managed to get a few pics of my car since I fitted the Factory Ford kit with a Zetec R wing.

Getting this kit fitted properley caused me so much grief with the first panel beater, with gaps everywhere and paint scraping off the skirts which werent fitted correctly and rubbed when the door opened. They wanted to just brush touch it and literally told me to get F***ed when i told em i wanted them redone with enamel. They even had the nerve to ask me to call back when i got my spoiler in, so they can give me a quote for painting and fitting.... :

When i got my spoiler, my faith in that not all panel beaters are dodgy K**Ts was restored, with another panel beater which does all the warranty work for my Ford dealer offerring me a good quote, and only charged me $50 extra to fix EVERYTHING that those other pricks messed up. When i got the car back i was gobsmacked :

Its nothing unique or anything, but its the first white focus ive seen with a kit fitted. All my mates and even the 2nd panel beater commented on how nice the wing looks on my car and the kit in general. Im happy with it, and it should look even better when i get my H&R springs fitted, with the skirts sitting closer to the ground. Should only be another 3 weeks till they arrive. Cant wait.

Hopefully these pictures will change the perception of white focus’ by particular people (not to mention anyone in particular…. MATT!!! _ ), and how they should be left in the dealer lot. Im not sure how good these pics will pan out coz they were taken on my phone on the lowest resolution to ensure they wouldn’t be too large and could be posted, but if when I post this they turn out crap, ill have to try a slightly better resolution on my phone within the next couple of days.

Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00036.JPG (11.1 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00032.JPG (11.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00044.JPG (12.2 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00046.JPG (12.6 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00050.JPG (13.0 KB, 50 views)
chevaps is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 10:28 PM   #2
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

ok, just tried opening the pics and they are wayyy to small, so ill have to try the next resolution tomorrow i guess. But this will have to do for now.... SorRy

Tom
Old 28-06-2005, 10:51 PM   #3
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Hey there!

The car looks fantastic, well done for persevering and getting the quality job you deserve!

I love the white too, always been a fan, not sure what it is, maybe because the WRC Focus is white (under the many stickers) too!

You need a Eurofordclub sticker now to top it off! :monkes:

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 12:08 AM   #4
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Sensational! I love it! Can't wait to see it lower. Top dollar for being original. REally does look good. I just odn't like basic white cars with no mods, but I never mentioned that a modded white car looks amazing. I would honestly buy the following 2 cars if I had the cash...

A White Focus RS... dammit I'd spray it white if I had to. I'd have trouble keeping the OZ Racing stickers off it though... mu ha ha ha

A White Ba Falcon XR6T - The sexiest white I have EVER seen, perfectet by some tasty rims, red calipers and a nice trick leather trim in a contrasting colour.

This is the first and last time you'll ever here me say this, or write it anywhere..
MACHINE SILVER IS A BASTARD OF A COLOUR to care for. My next car won't be metallic. Whilst it's a honey of a colour, I just need a break from the brain damage of owning a metallic car. I wouldn't say no to a white one. I'd actually (Tim are you sitting down?) VERY seriously consider a Blueprint MkII ST if they ever came out, or just a MkII Focus in that new darker Blueprint colour, a darker shade of Blue Flame. I think it really suits the new MkII. That combined with a nice two tone black leather trim and double blue stitching on the seats, door trims, wheel and gearboot/handbrake boot would be classier than anything and stand out just enough to make me drool.

But back to the topic, can't wait for bigger pics mate, that loook fantastic!!
Old 06-07-2005, 09:50 PM   #5
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Ok, we've had a few rainy days here in Perth, so i waited till it cleared up a bit. Today was a nice sunny day so i gave the car a nice wash n wax but unfortunately it got a bit dark when i finished. But i still got some photos before the sun set, and yes, these are bigger. Ive even included an interior pic to show my latest edition, sparco aluminium pedals, as well as my gear knob which was added ages ago.

More photos to come in broad daylight....

Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FF 1.JPG (47.7 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00110.JPG (64.1 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00092.JPG (74.0 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg FF 2.JPG (49.8 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00107.JPG (66.1 KB, 44 views)
Old 06-07-2005, 10:53 PM   #6
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Hey man, thats a really nice car! i love the focus when they have bodykits and cosmetic enhancements. That car is screaming for rims though... which im guessing is next on your list. That might explain all those dark black marks on the carpark in the background... out:

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2005, 11:42 PM   #7
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Teki, H&R springs are next on my list, which should be here any day now.
Once they go on, im tossing up between rims or get some go for the car, namely extractors to complement the cat back already bolted on. Ive been to D&T already and they said it should do wonders for the car when it gets bolted on.

Tom
Old 06-07-2005, 11:48 PM   #8
zetec
Zoom Zoom

RIMS, if you're most of the way with the kit and the springs, make it look perfect with some nice 17's. Perfect size, not too much and still well priced.

After that get some mods to the engine. But you can't drive a car that looks that nice to not finish it off!
Old 07-07-2005, 07:19 AM   #9
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Car is looking good! Because you already have some alloys, I'd probably do engine or suspension work first, but either way, it's looking good!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2005, 09:37 AM   #10
whippet_zetec
Supes

my 10 cents, dump it a couple of inches first, then add your exhaust, then see if you need the rims to top it off.