Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-08-2020, 09:51 AM   #1
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Car Mats - Heads Up

A quick note, make of it what you will.

Ordered a set of custom car mats from “Fit My Car” on the 9th August, informed 10-15 working days to delivery. No sweat, I thought; should be nicely timed when they arrive.

Today I received an email saying there was a conservative estimate of delivery late September/early October:
This is less than ideal, while I’m not about to go nuclear, I would have appreciated being more accurately informed sooner.

Posting so that anyone else who buys “Australian Made” dash mats, boot liners, bumper protectors or floor mats online from a retailer using the same product source, is forewarned, and thus better placed to make enquiries about realistic time to delivery.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2020, 10:25 AM   #2
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Car Mats - Heads Up

Cancel on principle.
Fed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2020, 11:28 AM   #3
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

It would be interesting to see if they have changed their delivery estimate on their advertising so that anyone that orders from here on knows the actual delivery time and can make a buying decision based on that.

Maybe send them a reply reminding them to do that.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-08-2020, 11:47 AM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

If they sent via Australia Post then it should be punishable by death.

I've got no time for online business using Australia Post, there's so many other freight options for your business these days who actually deliver on time.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2020, 12:19 PM   #5
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a delivery come with auspost bris to melb 2 days then took 12 days to come the extra 100 km. Absolute shocking service.
ute83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2020, 01:35 PM   #6
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post

Ordered a set of custom car mats from “Fit My Car” on the 9th August, informed 10-15 working days to delivery. No sweat, I thought; should be nicely timed when they arrive.

Today I received an email saying there was a conservative estimate of delivery late September/early October:
This is less than ideal, while I’m not about to go nuclear, I would have appreciated being more accurately informed sooner.

Posting so that anyone else who buys “Australian Made” dash mats, boot liners, bumper protectors or floor mats online from a retailer using the same product source, is forewarned, and thus better placed to make enquiries about realistic time to delivery.
Australia Post? Could be worse, they could use Couriers Please
Old 20-08-2020, 01:37 PM   #7
Vekgib

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute83 View Post
I had a delivery come with auspost bris to melb 2 days then took 12 days to come the extra 100 km. Absolute shocking service.
Yep. I bought an item on ebay yesterday at 1:15pm and Australia Post delivered it at 9:15 this morning.
Disgraceful.

Stuff this,I'm going to play a few shots & see what happens.
Vekgib is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2020, 01:40 PM   #8
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

must be the same people as tru-fail carpets
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2020, 01:55 PM   #9
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
If they sent via Australia Post then it should be punishable by death.

I've got no time for online business using Australia Post, there's so many other freight options for your business these days who actually deliver on time.
Their parcel service is outstanding compared to the regular mail service from here.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2020, 02:01 PM   #10
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
One of the reasons I jumped in the car and drove to Wodonga to personally pick up from "Global Trimmers" some pieces and spares I saw on ebay.

I noticed he had plenty of older dash mat hanging up.

Old 20-08-2020, 02:12 PM   #11
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekgib View Post
Yep. I bought an item on ebay yesterday at 1:15pm and Australia Post delivered it at 9:15 this morning.
Disgraceful.
Lucky for u.took 2 weeks for a parcel to be delivered from the sunshine west sorting about 40ks away .i could walk there and back quicker and this is not a once off .with them trying to push everything to online shopping ,they should sort this side out.
jmack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2020, 02:25 PM   #12
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
It would be interesting to see if they have changed their delivery estimate on their advertising so that anyone that orders from here on knows the actual delivery time and can make a buying decision based on that.

Maybe send them a reply reminding them to do that.
I think someone (not I) must have got up them! Got to wonder now, what is actually happening.

Related not by company but another online automotive sales venture - Automotive Superstore - have a go at their newer reviews. See one starting to list like that and you get vigilant with others.
Old 20-08-2020, 02:49 PM   #13
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
One of the reasons I jumped in the car and drove to Wodonga to personally pick up from "Global Trimmers" some pieces and spares I saw on ebay.

I noticed he had plenty of older dash mat hanging up.
Global Trim is the absolute guru for oldskool Ford, the owner is a top bloke, super nice and knowledgeable.

Different freight companies have different service levels to different regions.

Melbourne to Bendigo/Ballarat/Wodonga/Canberra nothing beats West Berg, no computers, it's all phones and paper consignment notes and I swear they'll deliver to the other side of the moon by 9AM next business day.

Those guys keep regional VIC going it's nuts.

Express 1 is best for Traralgon/Eastern VIC - next business day.

Geelong Express do Melbourne to Geelong region next business day, West Berg does also.

No one seems to deliver to Nhill next business day though

DHL International have pulled miracles for me Melbourne to NZ, had things leave here 5PM and arrive at customers door in NZ before 2PM next business day.

Melbourne to customers door in Phoenix Arizona had leave Monday and at customers door Friday the same week again by DHL International.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 20-08-2020 at 03:00 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2020, 02:55 PM   #14
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Global Trim is the absolute guru for oldskool Ford, the owner is a top bloke, super nice and knowledgeable.
Yes he certainly is and met his nice father the upholster.
I wouldn't mind a set of the 18in Snowflake rims he sells either and sells stuff that's really hard to find.
Even bought the extra 100HP red bumper strip for the XF.

2 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2020, 03:01 PM   #15
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Those 18” snowflakes! I almost wanted to buy an XE just to get some!
4 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2020, 03:05 PM   #16
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Australia Post? Could be worse, they could use Couriers Please
There's two pandemics in Melbourne

COVID19 and Couriers Please

Everyone around Melbourne metro uses them because they have this little sticker system so unfortunately you end up roped into the couriers please disease because your customers have their stickers for receiver pays.

Works OK for inner metro you can pull off same day deliveries if everything goes well for cheap.

But outside inner metro it's next day might as well as use Startrack or other couriers.
2 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2020, 03:45 PM   #17
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
There's two pandemics in Melbourne

COVID19 and Couriers Please

Everyone around Melbourne metro uses them because they have this little sticker system so unfortunately you end up roped into the couriers please disease because your customers have their stickers for receiver pays.

Works OK for inner metro you can pull off same day deliveries if everything goes well for cheap.

But outside inner metro it's next day might as well as use Startrack or other couriers.
Wiper Blades from Sparesbox... who are usually on the ball sending stuff...these left Sparesbox on the 13th Aug.

Seems they got to Albury on the 14th and liked it so much thought they'd stay there for a few days..............I'm still waiting

Old 20-08-2020, 03:56 PM   #18
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Wiper Blades from Sparesbox... who are usually on the ball sending stuff...these left Sparesbox on the 13th Aug.

Seems they got to Albury on the 14th and liked it so much thought they'd stay there for a few days..............I'm still waiting

A few days in motel quarantine seeing as it came to close to the border.

4 users like this post:
Old 24-08-2020, 12:50 PM   #19
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Their parcel service is outstanding compared to the regular mail service from here.
Australia Post is all over the place.....literally.

I ordered a part last Thursday, Sunshine to Edithvale, both in Metro Melbourne. They picked it up Friday lunchtime, with expected delivery states as Monday or Tuesday. Pretty good i thought.

This morning it scanned in Sydney, with expected delivery now Thursday!

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2020, 04:46 PM   #20
shobotan
Starter Motor

I ordered a set of customised front mats from an SA based company which took around 6 weeks to deliver. They promise 10-15 days for off the shelf mats.
It took about 3 weeks to finalise the art work for the badges I wanted on the mats and the rest to deliver.
To their credit they kept me updated on what was happening. They used Aus Post Parcel delivery which took about a week from the notification the order was being sent.
shobotan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2020, 05:59 PM   #21
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Hey at least they communicated something with you. COVID has turned alot of businesses upside down.

It would be worse if they said nothing and delivered nothing. I think you need to give them credit for that..
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2020, 07:11 PM   #22
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Hey at least they communicated something with you. COVID has turned alot of businesses upside down.

It would be worse if they said nothing and delivered nothing. I think you need to give them credit for that..
He did.....he said "to their credit"......

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2020, 08:49 PM   #23
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

You think this is bad well I can tell you living in Covid city lock down I ordered some hardware parts from Bunnings which their site tells me expect 2 days to local pick up. Well I waited a week hearing zilch from that mob and when I did inquire I was told my order was cancelled and a refund will ensue, getting my refund receipt a few days later was the only acknowledgement I got.

Consider yourself lucky since your seller kept you updated.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post