Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 15-08-2015, 09:37 AM   #1
country focus
Country Focus

Default LW Wheels

Hi everyone, has anyone got a set of 4 Titanium wheels that they would like to sell. I have a LW Trend and I am looking at changing wheels. Plenty of aftermarket ones out there that look good but if I could get a set of genuine it would keep the car all Ford which is what matters
country focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2015, 10:31 PM   #2
Kapeesh43
Starter Motor

Default Re: LW Wheels

Due to not wanting to start a brand new thread for a silly question.....I'm getting some rims for the focus LW. The numbers confuse me :( so would anyone kindly advise if either of these are suitable, and which (if any) would be better in terms of comfort and durability?
Last rims I had got a puncture every second week.

17" Advanti 5/108. Achilles tyres 225 / 45/ ZR17 94W XL

OR

17" Osaka racing wheels multistud 5x100 / 5x114.3. Zetum low profile tyres 205 / 40 / 17

This is for a daily drive dropped 1" on eibach pro kit.

Thank you
Kapeesh43 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2015, 10:36 PM   #3
CountP

LW is 5x108 pcd
You will need to know the offset as well.
CountP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2015, 10:49 PM   #4
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

As above PCD has to be 5x108 nothing else will fit as this is the wheel stud spacing.

The offset will also need to be correct, it will be something like ''+40''

The width of rim is also important generally listed with the diameter like 17x7 or 17x8 for 7 and 8 inch rim respectively.

I would find some rims you like that fit and then go with tyre sizes from there as they need to be similar circumference to the standard wheels.

So to answer your question the second option wont fit at all. Also regarding tyre punctures to much depends on luck and where you are driving if the punctures are nails/screws etc. Otherwise it can be tyre pressures and even the design/strength/tread depth of the tyre itself.

Last edited by 99AUXR; 01-11-2015 at 10:57 PM.
99AUXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2015, 10:55 PM   #5
Kapeesh43
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: LW Wheels

Thanks guys
I've asked the seller what the offset is and he said 5/108 so he obviously doesn't understand the numbers either hahaha. Makes it a bit difficult, so might just keep looking elsewhere

Thanks
Old 01-11-2015, 11:00 PM   #6
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

Are you looking to buy new or second hand? New makes it really simple however cost a bit more of course. But gets some shiney new shoes on the focus.

Either way goodluck in finding some new wheels, they change the look of the car so much!
Old 01-11-2015, 11:03 PM   #7
Kapeesh43
Starter Motor

Cool Re: LW Wheels

I would buy new if I found some for the right price, but I'm not opposed to second hand because I've found some amazing buys thru second hand sites in the past Either way, new shoes are a must and the sooner the better IMO lol.
This user likes this post:
Old 02-11-2015, 06:30 PM   #8
country focus
Country Focus

I found a set of 18s off a Focus Titanium on Gumtree,good condition and a good price so all good,lot of aftermarket options out there but not much that suited my white LW Trend
Old 02-11-2015, 06:33 PM   #9
country focus
Country Focus

I was in my local JAX tyres the other day and they have a programmer that runs car make,model and wheel sizes available to let you see what each wheel looks like
Old 02-11-2015, 07:45 PM   #10
CountP

Quote:
Originally Posted by country focus View Post
I found a set of 18s off a Focus Titanium on Gumtree,good condition and a good price so all good,lot of aftermarket options out there but not much that suited my white LW Trend
Where? I've been looking but can't find a complete set. Also not keen to buy wheels off a car thats been in a smash.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:00 PM   #11
Kapeesh43
Starter Motor

There's these in Melbournehttp://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1093278884

Or these in NSW
http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-FOCUS-...857?nav=SEARCH
Old 02-11-2015, 09:25 PM   #12
CountP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapeesh43 View Post
Mmmm loads of Snowflake's but very few Titanium wheels.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:34 PM   #13
country focus
Country Focus

Put in Focus wrecking in Gumtree,I think there are still a few on there,I got mine checked before I got them as they were from a dismantler but the car had been flooded so no risk of crash damage
Old 09-11-2015, 09:13 AM   #14
chappy60

we run the rs alloys on our trend fitted by the ford dealer with lowered suspension 19x8.5 I believe {the car was brought new]
chappy60 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post