Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2021, 05:45 PM   #1
ctwogroup
Starter Motor

Default 2012 Focus Battery light issues

What's going on here??
a. Whilst driving my grand daughter's Focus, the battery light occasionally comes on for approx 3 mins and then goes off and doesn't come on again.
b. When the battery light is on and I have been able to test the alternator it is charging 14 volts!!
c. When the battery light comes on and I stop the engine immediately then restart the engine, the light doesn't come on again!!
d. This only occurs occasionally as I said, we can drive the car for weeks with no occurrence of the battery light!

I have tried to follow a wiring diagram but there are so many versions out there it is difficult to find the correct one.
I have been told it could be an earth issue, a faulty battery and/or a faulty alternator(regulator)

It's becoming annoying now, so any ideas from you guys that would help me narrow this annoying glitch would be welcomed.

Many thanks
ctwogroup is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post