Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-07-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
faircoupe

Default Dont judge a book by its name.....

RIP Sergeant Blaine Flower Diddams

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-07-0...eteran/4110492

faircoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #2
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Dont judge a book by its name.....

You'd need a "quirky sense of humor" growing up with a name like that.

RIP, well done thou good and faithful servant.

I suppose we can take solace in the fact that war today isn't like war of decades ago...people today are shocked when one soldier dies...this guy was the first this year...but at the Battle of Fromelles in World War One Australia had 5433 casualties (dead, wounded, and captured) in one 24 hour period.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

RIP Sergeant Blaine Flower Diddams, you continually sacrificed your life for a better world, a sad day for all Australians. God bless you Sargent Diddams & your family. Lest We Forget

cheers,Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

R.I.P sargeant B.F Diddams, let`s hope this action concludes soon which ever way it turns out and our service men and women can come home.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Rest ye oh warrior
You'll battle no more
No longer to live the horrors of war
Your duty was done with honour and pride
Farewell oh brother
Until we march by you side.

Lest We Forget,

Rain hell on those that did this fellas, and give them no mercy!
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #6
zdcol71
zdcol71

[QUOTE=fordomatic
Rain hell on those that did this fellas, and give them no mercy![/QUOTE]

Because we have "God" on our side?

EVERY war that has ever been fought on this planet has had at least 2 sides, who both think they are right....raining hell on anyone and showing no mercy ain't gonna solve a thing!! Those that did this will be getting the same epitaphs from their loved ones when we have rained hell on them.
RIP every man woman and child who has lost their life in war. And condolences to every body left behind to bear that pain.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #7
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

One, i lost belief in "God" a long time ago.

Two, raining hell on them will give me the satisfaction that those that caused it are dead. So that their families cant have them beside them, just like Dids' family can't have him with them anymore. War is hell mate, if you genuinely knew half the facts of the Taliban you would know why i feel the way i do. Someone who gets his best mates son at 4 years old as his "chai boy" to rape until he is 15 and then pass on to his daughter to marry is not a normal being.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #8
KIWI-1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic
Rain hell on those that did this fellas, and give them no mercy!
Why...
Some suggest that the raid that in Feb 2009 that resulted in the Commandos being charged with manslaughter was a result of the type of operation you are suggesting. Thankfully, the charges were dismissed.
KIWI-1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #9
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIWI-1
Why...
Some suggest that the raid that in Feb 2009 that resulted in the Commandos being charged with manslaughter was a result of the type of operation you are suggesting. Thankfully, the charges were dismissed.

"suggest" you have no idea what went on unless you were there at the time. Type of operation i am suggesting? I am suggesting that i hope they went on and cleared the area leaving no Taliban alive, simple as that.

Each person is entitled to there opinion and i have mine. I genuinely believe in what we are doing in Afghanistan, we are making a difference.

Dids did not die in vain, and it wasn't, "for nothing" as alot of people suggest. That's it from me before i get this thread closed.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #10
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by faircoupe
I have to question the judgement that allows so many terms in such a place , damned shame it was allowed
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #11
b2tf
not here much anymore

could have sworn that this thread was about a fallen soldier - not the pros and cons and reasons of war.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #12
KIWI-1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Every soldier killed in war is a tragedy. May they all Rest in Peace.
KIWI-1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #13
BHDOGS
Banned

Yes every solider lost is a tragedy and my condolences to his family id also like to give a big shout out to the middle east rebels who are fighting and dieing in there thousands from libya to syria to overthrow dictatorships where ever or whoever they try to rule.
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2012, 12:12 AM   #14
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
could have sworn that this thread was about a fallen soldier - not the pros and cons and reasons of war.
As said above and out of respect ..... please stay on topic. Absolutely not the place to discuss

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2012, 12:42 AM   #15
IDT
Marko

RIP Dids,
Another familiar name leaves us.
Vaya Con Dios
Old 06-07-2012, 09:08 AM   #16
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We have to remind ourselves of the life these guys take on when they join up...the ramp ceremony was shown on TV this morning, and many of the men saying a eulogy or carrying the coffin had their faces blurred out. Remember also the Blackhawk tragedy in Australia, at the funeral many men had their faces blurred out. We usually only get to see their faces on a photograph on a coffin.

These men can't even have their families say to their kids "Look, there's daddy on TV!", mostly they can't even discuss what it is that they do with mates back home on leave.

Well done to all of them, and as the Americans are so fond of saying to soldiers current and long retired: "Thank you for your service".
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #17
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Auslandau, we have to deal with our grief in our own way. Here on the Forum, we have a place, a peaceful place, where we can put forward our thoughts, hurt and feelings regarding the tragic loss of a man who was serving his country well and laid down his life (and here I put forward my beliefs) for the values of: Mercy, a fair go, beer and a barby, the freedom to stand up to the boss, without being shot, a justice system that in it's frail human way, is seperate from the state and religion. A society were men and women are invited to deliver their best and achieve the highest goals, whether they be in the home or to society. Mate, that's Australian.

I'm sure every Aussie is most concerned, not only with the sad state of affairs in far flung places like Afghanistan, but also at home, where no doubt, Sergeant Diddams immediate family grieves.

Cheers
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post