Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Wanted Car bits and other general items

Wanted Car bits and other general items If you want it and it's not in the For Sale section, post it here

Old 04-04-2021, 09:17 PM   #1
Kevin

Default (VIC) AU Series 2

Edited, please see below.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2021, 09:18 PM   #2
Kevin

Default Re: (VIC) AU Series 2

Hi all, looking to buy a smart bar with brackets and lights etc for a series 2 AU Falcon. Melbourne preferred so I can collect it though rural towns at a reasonable distance are fine. If the ad is still here I'm still looking. Thanks.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:17 AM   #3
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

i have a white smartbar that suits the AU. however it's just the bar as it has no indicators, driving lights or mesh for the lower intake, also unsure if it has the main mounting brackets [been sitting on the BF for awhile now]. you have seen the condition of it from the pics & can supply a couple more of it. on my smartbar i fitted aftermarket driving lights.
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2021, 03:25 PM   #4
Kevin

Thanks again for your time and effort. I'd much rather a complete ready-to-have-fitted assembly so I don't have to look for parts and get brackets made.
This user likes this post:
Old 06-04-2021, 10:44 PM   #5
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I had cordial spare parts dealings with Smartbra a few months back. Not particularly cheap but accurate and fast to post. It would surprise me if they could not offer you the brackets/fixings ex-stock.

Although, I bought replacement spotlights elsewhere (Repco trade) as they were much happier on price.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2021, 01:35 PM   #6
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Thanks again for your time and effort. I'd much rather a complete ready-to-have-fitted assembly so I don't have to look for parts and get brackets made.
yep .. had a look at it yesterday & yeah it's just the actual bar. if you find a cheap one from a different model the AU's there if you want it. free
Old 07-04-2021, 04:06 PM   #7
Kevin

I'd like to take you up on your most generous offer. Thank you so much. Fingers crossed I can source the other parts I need elsewhere, or as you suggest, a bar from another model with the needed parts.
This user likes this post:
Old 08-04-2021, 06:55 PM   #8
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

I am sure I have a NOS LH Blinker lamp for the Smart Bar. PM me if your interested.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2021, 07:33 PM   #9
Kevin

Thanks GTLEGEND. Waiting to hear back from mad2.
Old 08-04-2021, 11:03 PM   #10
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Thanks GTLEGEND. Waiting to hear back from mad2.
hear back from me? i've recieved no pm. but anyway .... what's up?

Ps. checkout link for parts

https://smartbar.com.au/vehicles/for...u2-1998-10-02/
Old 09-04-2021, 12:55 AM   #11
Kevin

Thanks for that link. I'll send you a pm.