Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Performance Vehicles Club of Tasmania > General Discussions

Old 11-08-2007, 06:51 PM   #1
XR2004
XR2004

Default Motor Sports Show

Hi guys
Just thought that I would let you know about the Van Diemens Motor Sports Show.Details are on the following poster

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Car show.JPG (122.7 KB, 87 views)
PWR Polished Expansion Tank.
JVC 9 inch drop down screen intergrated into Premium Sound System
XR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2007, 07:30 PM   #2
crochunter
440cube Dart

Will be just like the rest of them over the years.
crochunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 04:23 PM   #3
HSE2

Refresh my memory. What time is the club requesting the cars and drivers for both arrival and departure? Need times allowing for assistance to help set up and clean up so I can make plans for the weekend. Are keys required to be left with the displaying vehicles?
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 04:48 PM   #4
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Ian if u get in touch with Garry, I think he has the official letter for you. That explains the times and setup.
Basically it is Friday arvo setup from 3pm till 10pm. But I think it would be best if we could get all cars there ready to go in by 4.30pm. Car washing facilities are available onsite.
2010 FPV F6 Ute
2016 FGX XR6 Sprint
2020 PX3 Ranger Wildtrak

Last edited by TICK4D-TAS; 27-08-2007 at 10:03 PM.
TICK4D-TAS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2007, 08:59 PM   #5
HSE2

Thoroughly enjoyable weekend. Very well organised and presented club function so a big thankyou and well done to all involved.

Great to catch up with other members who made the effort to come in and have a chat.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2007, 10:29 PM   #6
GT750
GT750

Thanks to everyone involved with the club display at the Van Diemens Motor Sports Show and all the effort that everybody put into it. I would also like to thank all club members that came and had a look well done to all was a very enjoyable weekend
2004 BA MK1 GT, 5 Speed Manual, Blood Orange, Black Stripes, Leather and Premium Sound Build #750
2002 T3 TE50, Manual, Congo Green, Koni's, Sunroof, 6/4 Brembos, Premium Sound Build #56
2002 Tickford XR8 Pursuit 250 Manual, Leather, Hardlid, 6/4 Brembos, Premium sound
GT750 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2007, 10:54 PM   #7
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

As Ian and Karl have said, a BIG thankyou to all of the members that gave up their cars for the 3 days. Another thankyou to everyone that helped setup and dismantle the display.
I know that sundays afternoon presentations and thankyou's didnt go as planned guys, but please let it be said that you should all feel proud of your selves for the effort and quality of our display. I know myself that i had an awesome weekend. We had lots of comments from the general public and also rival clubs. The display attracted the attention of the performance ford magazine photographer i was told, so hopefully we will gain some publicity through that.
The following is a quick little display Ian and i set up as a joke late sunday arvo. A thankyou must be said to Chris from TasCommodores for the loan of the lion.

Cheers
Tim
2010 FPV F6 Ute
2016 FGX XR6 Sprint
2020 PX3 Ranger Wildtrak
Old 03-09-2007, 03:20 PM   #8
DayTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[/QUOTE]

Top picture! Even some of the Commodore guys/girls are having a laugh at it.

Top effort for the show. The cars all looked good and the display in my opinion come up really well. We all should be proud.

As Tim mentioned things probably didn't go quite to plan on Sunday and I'm sure there were one or two things that others may have noticed. Should we get together or get a bit of discussion going so we can give some feedback to Van Diemens Club in the form of some constructive critisim?
Old 03-09-2007, 08:11 PM   #9
gts071
Starter Motor

Congrats on the display guys!

That's an awesome picture, glad my lion gave so many people a laugh from both fords and holden owner

Hope to see some more friendly competition at the next show/event!
gts071 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2007, 08:45 PM   #10
XR2004
XR2004

Thanks to everyone that come along to the event.A big thank you to the guys who had there cars on display. I know we had the elements against us but we still managed to have the cars and display looking really good. Thanks to you Chris for being such a good sport about the photo. Taz was on the prowl. It is good to have a bit of friendly rivalry between the two clubs.
PWR Polished Expansion Tank.
JVC 9 inch drop down screen intergrated into Premium Sound System
XR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2007, 10:27 PM   #11
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts071
Congrats on the display guys!

That's an awesome picture, glad my lion gave so many people a laugh from both fords and holden owner

Hope to see some more friendly competition at the next show/event!
Good to see you found your way to our forums Chris. Yeah the pic was all in good fun. Great to meet a few more from your club and be able to have some 'friendly' banter with out it going too far. Will see you at the next car show no doubt. :P

Tim
2010 FPV F6 Ute
2016 FGX XR6 Sprint
2020 PX3 Ranger Wildtrak
Old 03-09-2007, 10:38 PM   #12
ute260
Starter Motor

The cars looked absolutely tops over the weekend guys.. Nice work lots of polish :-) But all the hard work paid off your cars looked great n hopefully we get a few new members out of it all :-)
ute260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2007, 10:57 PM   #13
gts071
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR2004
Thanks to everyone that come along to the event.A big thank you to the guys who had there cars on display. I know we had the elements against us but we still managed to have the cars and display looking really good. Thanks to you Chris for being such a good sport about the photo. Taz was on the prowl. It is good to have a bit of friendly rivalry between the two clubs.
It's great to see some nice cars irrespective of the badges!

If I wasn't so rude I should have spoke to you guys a bit more but had a bit of a busy weekend with other stuff on the go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TICK4D-TAS
Good to see you found your way to our forums Chris. Yeah the pic was all in good fun. Great to meet a few more from your club and be able to have some 'friendly' banter with out it going too far. Will see you at the next car show no doubt. :P

Tim
Hey Tim,

I thought I should come over to the darkside and a say hi and congrats with your efforts at the show.

I look forward to seeing you guys at the next event, i'll come over and have a longer chat. I was thinking of a way to have my lions attack the devil but I thought nah... they look to fluffy to be scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute260
The cars looked absolutely tops over the weekend guys.. Nice work lots of polish :-) But all the hard work paid off your cars looked great n hopefully we get a few new members out of it all :-)
Great comments, i'm sure you guys wish you had won something, I sure wish we (tas commodores) did but we didn't but it was still a great weekend!

Keep up the good work!
gts071 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2007, 12:36 AM   #14
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Yeah with out sounding a little poofy, those lions do look to cute and cuddly to have attacking the devil. lol
2010 FPV F6 Ute
2016 FGX XR6 Sprint
2020 PX3 Ranger Wildtrak
Old 04-09-2007, 12:59 PM   #15
DayTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts071
Great comments, i'm sure you guys wish you had won something, I sure wish we (tas commodores) did but we didn't but it was still a great weekend!

Keep up the good work!
I guess winning is nice, but it's how you play the game isn't it!! :P . At least you guys got some acknowledgement for your display. It looked really good, and full marks to Jess and her sister for the painting of the background.