Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 23-04-2007, 10:49 PM   #211
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAZSXY
the unfortunate scenario is that the average person who has a passion for these cars will no longer be able to afford to own one as the cashed up 'investors/collectors' have drivin up the market value.

like me...almost finished my xy fairmont resto. :hihi:
show us in projects section,where most of us put out progress pics.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
And you came to this decision when?do you mean you could afford one when they were at $200,000,
myself i realised i could never afford one when they reached $20,000. they have been well known as a good investment since the mid eighties, all this talk of being out of reach once they hit $100,000 is all a crock of shite, they have been out of reach for most of us before they were worth the price of a house and land package in most capital cities around 1990.
Old 23-04-2007, 11:28 PM   #212
42 PHASE3

i bought my first ph3 hoey in 1973 after watching moffat belt a few torrys around sandown, paid a bit over 6k which was good house money at the time and 1k over the original sticker price, the reality is they have always been an expensive motor car and after that first one it seemed like they doubled in price every time i stuck the hand in my pocket to buy another hoey.

rod
Old 24-04-2007, 02:17 AM   #213
Squalo
Two Wheels Good

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
I think Squalo's idea was tongue in cheek :

There are many young blokes on the forum who appreciate these cars for what they are.
It was, and I concur that there are plenty of knowledgable young drivers here too. I'll just have to learn to love the dopey ones too :

My parents could have bought a Phase III for what they paid for their XB GT in 1976, and given that we still had that XB until only two months ago... what could have been, eh? Even the XB was amazing, selling for almost six times what it cost 31 years ago.
1969 Kombi
Old 24-04-2007, 12:49 PM   #214
blackjack
Starter Motor

any more pics of this rare find???
Old 24-04-2007, 10:37 PM   #215
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

I'd also like to give my thanks to Nicholas for sharing the pics of this unique car, what a story! Hopefully the story isn't over yet.
Old 24-04-2007, 11:04 PM   #216
gngtho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich
Sorry guys but what a waste of money. $800K for a 36yo Falcon that looks to be in rubbish condition.

some people just have no idea about classics.

if i had the cash even at over 100k this car would be in my shed collecting more dust. Or it would get some road time first.

OOOOH its got dust on it, it looks bad, the sticker fallen of.
IT'S AUTHENTIC THATS WHAT BRINGS IN THE CASH$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 24-04-2007, 11:11 PM   #217
gngtho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas
taken as rug was removed before any detailing.

just taken out of mates dads shed after 25 years,already has offers over $800,000 ordered new from Melford Motors with all books to varify no stripes on bonnet ,no radio and a few over things.

This must of been a custom build for someone, and thanks for these pics, great seen history like this.

TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO THINK THEESE CARS DON'T HAVE VALUE OR WHO THINK THEY DON'T MEAN ANYTHING I ADVISE "KEEP YOUR COMMENTS TO YOURSELF"
Old 24-04-2007, 11:18 PM   #218
Falchoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gngtho
This must of been a custom build for someone, and thanks for these pics, great seen history like this.

TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO THINK THEESE CARS DON'T HAVE VALUE OR WHO THINK THEY DON'T MEAN ANYTHING I ADVISE "KEEP YOUR COMMENTS TO YOURSELF"
Just because someone has an opinion that differs to yours doesn't mean they aren't allowed to express it. That's the whole purpose of forums like these.

Oh, and while we are on the subject of personal attacks, learn how to use the caps lock function.
Old 24-04-2007, 11:40 PM   #219
TSERIES
THE WORLD IS FORDS

hello nicholas

thankyou for sharing the pics mate ....i have a unrestored phase 3 myself and it is always good to view/see pics of another to compare little things ...so i thankyou for the pics it made my day .

your friend has keen interest in the same victorian who has already offered 850k on mine ....let the owner know to gun for more these guys have the money and unrestored cars are few and far .

i have noticed you have had some negative feedback ...please dont let that put you off there has been keen interest on your pics and has helped alot of us confirm some *gt*markings ....there will always be knockers and people who strive to be noticed with negative feed back i feel sorry for them that they would need to get on a forum and ***** about someones car and its originality and weather it is worth x amount ...how pathetic .

the car is a fantastic piece of australian history and i commend the owner for leaving it in its original state .

for the people knocking the price and originality you dont need worry you will never be able to afford it ...

cheers
Old 24-04-2007, 11:57 PM   #220
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

isnt the phase 3 the only car in australian history, possible one of few cars worldwide, not to depreciate in value less than the sticker price from new?
Old 25-04-2007, 12:18 AM   #221
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

heres some more pics that i left out as i thought they were not much chop,but you might as well see all i have.the original wheels and tyres are at his moms place,12 slotters were put on to park it in the shed all those years ago.
cheers Nick.
back right
full open boot
remote mirror switch ,is that the driving light switch above ignition ?

Ho in a box,lol.
oh yeah, just looking at all pics and can not for the life of me work out how anyone can say its in crappy condition like a few did in their posts,this is also rust free and no its never been smashed or had rust repairs

Last edited by OLDFORDNUT; 25-04-2007 at 12:26 AM.
Old 25-04-2007, 01:13 AM   #222
blackjack
Starter Motor

AMAZING!!!

I'd love to see this HO cleaned up in the sun. It's nice i like
Old 25-04-2007, 03:43 AM   #223
Squalo
Two Wheels Good

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yift
isnt the phase 3 the only car in australian history, possible one of few cars worldwide, not to depreciate in value less than the sticker price from new?
Interesting point, you could be right on that. When I mentioned that my parents could have picked up a Phase III for what they paid for their XB GT, I should have mentioned that the XB itself was 2 years old and cost them more than what a new one would have (Ford had ceased production and no-one wanted the coupes and auto sedans that were left over! also the one they bought had some pretty decent mods and only 18 000 miles).

Jim did look at a Phase III and considered buying it but the lure of the new model was too much.

So, 5 years after it was released, the Phase III was selling for $6k+, $700 more than when new. $700 was a lot of money in the mid Seventies... if the $6k for a HO in '75 is comparable to the $60k for a new GT today, the HO gained the modern equivalent of $7k in 5 years! So it was already recognised way back then that it was already an investment. Actually we all should have realised it - after all, it's not often that an Australian car holds the title of "worlds fastest road-going 4 door sedan"!

V8 LH and LX Toranas might be next - at the time they were the only vehicles on the planet that could be bought with a 4, 6 or 8 cylinder engine.
1969 Kombi

Last edited by Squalo; 25-04-2007 at 03:53 AM.
Old 25-04-2007, 10:42 AM   #224
XWildGT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wish i could find one in a shed like that i hope it goes to a good home
Old 25-04-2007, 12:06 PM   #225
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gngtho
some people just have no idea about classics.

if i had the cash even at over 100k this car would be in my shed collecting more dust. Or it would get some road time first.

OOOOH its got dust on it, it looks bad, the sticker fallen of.
IT'S AUTHENTIC THATS WHAT BRINGS IN THE CASH$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I'm not going to get caught up in this debate again but i'm just going to make a quick point.

You say that if you had the money you'd buy one in a flash - I assure you that if you had a substancial amount of money to spend on a car you'd be singing a completely different tune. I know a few people with decent car collections (including Ferrari F40's, McLaren F1's, Porsche's etc) and even though they have an appreciation of what the Phase 3 is, there is no way they'd spend this sort of money on one. Some people will and thats great. Lets just agree to disagree and get back on topic.
Old 25-04-2007, 12:25 PM   #226
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'm not going to get caught up in this debate again but i'm just going to make a quick point.

You say that if you had the money you'd buy one in a flash - I assure you that if you had a substancial amount of money to spend on a car you'd be singing a completely different tune. I know a few people with decent car collections (including Ferrari F40's, McLaren F1's, Porsche's etc) and even though they have an appreciation of what the Phase 3 is, there is no way they'd spend this sort of money on one. Some people will and thats great. Lets just agree to disagree and get back on topic.
GIVE UP
if you think they are a waste of money go and post on a newer Ford forum where they might care what you have to say.
this thread is for people who would love to own or just admire a rare car, your the ****ant who started raving on about garbage no one else made you look, now go and annoy someone else.
Old 25-04-2007, 01:00 PM   #227
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
GIVE UP
if you think they are a waste of money go and post on a newer Ford forum where they might care what you have to say.
Incase you havn't realised this is a new Ford forum.

Quote:
this thread is for people who would love to own or just admire a rare car, your the ****ant who started raving on about garbage no one else made you look, now go and annoy someone else.
By the sounds of it this thread is more for dreamers. Every Tom, Dick and Harry says they would buy one in a heart beat but isn't it funny how the vast majority of those people don't - and probably never will - have the necessary funds.
Old 25-04-2007, 01:30 PM   #228
XAGSV8
Member 178

Quote:
By the sounds of it this thread is more for dreamers. Every Tom, Dick and Harry says they would buy one in a heart beat but isn't it funny how the vast majority of those people don't - and probably never will - have the necessary funds.

So when are we going to see pics of your new yellow Murcielago? If there were no phase 3's I doubt there would be any new GT's today, think about it. I also kindly ask the question, what are your reasons for being on a Ford Forum when you bag the car that is the definition of muscle cars for Ford Australia?

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia

Last edited by XAGSV8; 25-04-2007 at 01:35 PM.
Old 25-04-2007, 01:57 PM   #229
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:

Keep it up it will be holiday time, warnings and pm's mean nothing to you.
Old 25-04-2007, 03:38 PM   #230
Super Roo 1970
Windsor=Screamer

For those who are either too young to know or simply want to see a HO on the road, watch this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_kL2zKL6sk

I know it is a you tube thing, but it's fitting to be left here for all those who have no idea what a HO is all about.

Roo
Old 25-04-2007, 05:10 PM   #231
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Another with some old track footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gts5N...elated&search=
Old 25-04-2007, 05:26 PM   #232
gngtho
Banned

Quote:

EURO TRASH THATS ALL I CAN SAY WOULDNT waist my money.

And yes i have owned a hoey before.
Old 25-04-2007, 05:26 PM   #233
Super Roo 1970
Windsor=Screamer

Phase 4, when Rod Mann owned it, now back at Bowdens Place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r6OZ...elated&search=
Old 25-04-2007, 05:28 PM   #234
tel408
Your converter do this!

At the GT national's here in perth at easter, a xy gt ho owner was offered one million dollar's for his restorded car. It's ment to be 100% true!

A1 Performance Torque Converters
Old 25-04-2007, 07:14 PM   #235
AussieJason

Amazing find, what a car. I would love to even see one of those in real life... :sm_drool:

Previous Falcons:
2003 BA Falcon XL Ute White
1994 EF Falcon GLi Aqua

bseries.com.au Member

And drive a Holden company car...
Old 25-04-2007, 07:17 PM   #236
smally289
growing up is optional

What an awesome car. Whoever buys it will be a lucky man thats for sure. Only a Ph3 can create the sort of debate that I have just read on the previous 10 pages.
When it comes to heritage and legendry status, the Ph3 is King.
Old 25-04-2007, 07:18 PM   #237
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:

Mate you have made your point get over it....

Nicholas any extra shots you could sneak in????
Old 25-04-2007, 09:15 PM   #238
walker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$800,000 wish I was sitting on that gold mine, actually I would still prefer the car, thats awsome

XE project underway
Old 25-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #239
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

Quote:
show us in projects section,where most of us put out progress pics.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
And you came to this decision when?do you mean you could afford one when they were at $200,000,
myself i realised i could never afford one when they reached $20,000. they have been well known as a good investment since the mid eighties, all this talk of being out of reach once they hit $100,000 is all a crock of shite, they have been out of reach for most of us before they were worth the price of a house and land package in most capital cities around 1990.
im more the modest type not to put up a bunch of photos of my car and have everyones opinions on this or that. when it completed i may put up some photos. or watch out for it at the cruises.

i never mentioned prices regarding to the phase 3 apart from the $800k you say has been offered. being 20 years old i have never been able to afford them. back when i was 13 my dad bought a xy fairmont for $8000, immaculate condition. back then i saw phase 3's for around 100-150k. still in reach of the many people on a good wage who loved cars and could afford the repayments. now with prices well over the 500k stage on many of these to most of the population these are out of reach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Roo 1970
Phase 4, when Rod Mann owned it, now back at Bowdens Place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r6OZ...elated&search=
ive seen this on the video i have here at home...but bowdens place?

frenzal56, falconxr, loosecannon, lima_been, bo5ton, Mardk, Chapter Four, leakey, POELWYK, Dman4.0, rayban76, tutor, PridenJoy, Aplito Futura, sbutler, Bosko, storta1, portokatsiki, AUte, 5.8, xxxg, FTW-302, LeadFoot81, Peuty, BillM, Sox, needfordspeed, watejs06, CATXR8
Old 25-04-2007, 09:33 PM   #240
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

QUOTE=TZENU]Mate you have made your point get over it....

Nicholas any extra shots you could sneak in????[/QUOTE].

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
yeah i chucked the last i had on bottom of page 9
Closed Thread