Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: What is your Marital Status?
Female - In Relationship 58 8.57%
Female - Single 30 4.43%
Male - In Relationship 300 44.31%
Male - Single 289 42.69%
Voters: 677. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 28-02-2005, 08:52 PM   #211
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Ladies: Tell us what attracted you to AFF ;)

Fellas: ask your ladies (who aren't really into cars/fords/AFF) why they're not interested, and then ask what would make them interested :

I added my 2c to the poll, but I'll leave the guesswork up to you peoples :p

: : : :ymca: :lookedat: :Reverend: :thebirds: :alien2: py:
Old 28-02-2005, 10:18 PM   #212
Amber
Funbus Pilot.

My Ford attracted me...
Old 28-02-2005, 10:21 PM   #213
XKALBR
Order of the Temple

Chick's that talk like that ATTRACT me .......
Old 28-02-2005, 11:02 PM   #214
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

What attracted me? Well I joined FF in July last year cos I was on the hunt for help - the head had blown in the EA and we needed advice as to our options.

And now that I am inheriting the Ford this year, I am glad that I am here that's for sure.

Hubby did alot of work on cars when he was younger (he's only 31 but I just made him sound antique lol) but he is over it all now. He just drives cars and may occasionally check the fluids... he has no time as he works 10-12 hours a day and drives 3-4 to work and back.

Me, I love them, always have. Don't mind getting down and dirty, and having changed the gearbox in my XF made me appreciate how cars work... and boy did I love my XF, even if there were serious issues with her :(

I have more time to change brake pads, check fluids, rewire stereos and speakers/subs/amps etc... and I KNOW when my car is missing, or in dire need of a tune (I can't do the Ford cos it's LPG).

And maybe it's cos I am trying to break a mould, a stereotype. I hate the idea that a gorgeous chickie like me would have to rely on a man to program the VCR, or worse, change a flat tyre. NO WAY, not me!

So I try to encourage women around me to do the same... not that it really works. They keep doing the same old boring things (ie. talking about how their lives are so fulfilled being full time mothers, and what brand of washing liquid gets the stains out best) - and yes I am generalising but you get my meaning.

That's it then, that's why I'm here. I don't proclaim to know alot but at least I am willing to learn more, and talk about one of my favourite subjects (besides sex that is)... CARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
Old 28-02-2005, 11:07 PM   #215
XKALBR
Order of the Temple

Quote:
talk about one of my favourite subjects (besides sex that is)... CARS
I'm in love
Old 01-03-2005, 01:37 AM   #216
chief
FTF Club Moderator

I think the problem with girls that like cars being taken is because if your a bloke and your partner likes shopping for wallpaper on weekends and you prefer to be under the bonnet of your car there is going to be conflict of interest problems. If she likes cars there will be men swarming around her because you want someone who shares your ideas and passions. And lets face it there is not many woman who like cars so that is why it seems they are always taking.

My rant stops here.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:40 AM   #217
Dez
Banned

personally, i dont need, or particularly want my mrs to be into cars.....but that might just be me :lookedat:
Old 01-03-2005, 02:07 AM   #218
Black Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
What attracted me? Well I joined FF in July last year cos I was on the hunt for help - the head had blown in the EA and we needed advice as to our options.

And now that I am inheriting the Ford this year, I am glad that I am here that's for sure.

Hubby did alot of work on cars when he was younger (he's only 31 but I just made him sound antique lol) but he is over it all now. He just drives cars and may occasionally check the fluids... he has no time as he works 10-12 hours a day and drives 3-4 to work and back.

Me, I love them, always have. Don't mind getting down and dirty, and having changed the gearbox in my XF made me appreciate how cars work... and boy did I love my XF, even if there were serious issues with her :(

I have more time to change brake pads, check fluids, rewire stereos and speakers/subs/amps etc... and I KNOW when my car is missing, or in dire need of a tune (I can't do the Ford cos it's LPG).

And maybe it's cos I am trying to break a mould, a stereotype. I hate the idea that a gorgeous chickie like me would have to rely on a man to program the VCR, or worse, change a flat tyre. NO WAY, not me!

So I try to encourage women around me to do the same... not that it really works. They keep doing the same old boring things (ie. talking about how their lives are so fulfilled being full time mothers, and what brand of washing liquid gets the stains out best) - and yes I am generalising but you get my meaning.

That's it then, that's why I'm here. I don't proclaim to know alot but at least I am willing to learn more, and talk about one of my favourite subjects (besides sex that is)... CARS

Yup, I pretty much am the same. Cars & sex. Is there any other topic? lol, oh yeah, this... :

I joined the *other* board originally, because I was interested in what people were doing and getting out of their BA's and I just love cars anyway.
So I'm here and still enjoying the info, fun & obsessiveness that is cars.

Old 01-03-2005, 09:24 AM   #219
Amber
Funbus Pilot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
personally, i dont need, or particularly want my mrs to be into cars.....but that might just be me :lookedat:
I can understand that. I mean, you have to have something that is just yours, don't you?? I'm sure my worst half gets sick of me hovering whenever he's tinkering..

Funny story, worst half rang the wreckers where he works to use the hoist to put the 5 speed in. The chat went like this:

HIM: Yeah, need it Wednesday for the box
WRECKERS: That's gonna cost ya, what did the missus say??? Guess your up the $hitter for a while eh?
HIM: Mate, she's the one bloody buying it!!!!

hahahaha, dude at JF nearly died. Too funny!!
Old 01-03-2005, 12:19 PM   #220
Marlin_Girl
I wish I was a Pursuit...

I joined coz everytime i needed help with something about my car the FF site came up in my search answers...
I just love Fords, i'm not really sure why... my brother is a ford man and he taught me everything i know about cars so that must be it!! And this site has got me into them even more cuz i've learnt so much...

awww thanks guys *sniff*

pics of my ute HERE
Old 01-03-2005, 12:33 PM   #221
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber
I can understand that. I mean, you have to have something that is just yours, don't you??

its not that so much, i think its just because im more into the femninie kind of ladies.....and would rather not have her into cars.....sure she can like them like just about every chick does these days...but not wanna get in there and fix it for me :P

im not saying that any of you ladies arent feminine though...so dont get me wrong

im sure someone will be more than willing to flame me over this post, but go for it
Old 01-03-2005, 01:13 PM   #222
Brute33
Boss 350

I think women who work on cars are a rare breed , and if they have another half , he should be happy that his g/f or wife enjoys the same interest.
Most women complain to their man that they spend too much time either with mates or working on cars or whatever hobby he's into.
I could only wish my mrs played with cars , but I think it still wouldn't change the amount of complaining she does

Last edited by Brute33; 01-03-2005 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:13 PM   #223
Black Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
its not that so much, i think its just because im more into the femninie kind of ladies.....and would rather not have her into cars.....sure she can like them like just about every chick does these days...but not wanna get in there and fix it for me :P

im not saying that any of you ladies arent feminine though...so dont get me wrong

im sure someone will be more than willing to flame me over this post, but go for it
Well, to me, there's nothing funnier than bits of fluff standing on the side of the road wondering how the f**k to change a tyre. Or desperately calling their men to come and help them.

I'm no butch femme, you definitely know I'm ALL woman, but I like being able to do things for myself.. and that includes doing things on my car if and when I want to.

Bugger the man, he can do his own car if he wants to be all sexist about it.

Old 01-03-2005, 09:13 PM   #224
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I've gotten so used to hearing that "chicks aren't into cars", and having people (men) not believe that the XR6 is actually mine and the other 2 cars in the corner are also mine, and are in a million pieces because I pulled tham apart, and I will be putting them back together again.
Though the guys that hang around our bus depot are all used to me now, and brag about knowing me, and having seen my work first hand.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 01-03-2005, 09:17 PM   #225
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
I've gotten so used to hearing that "chicks aren't into cars", and having people (men) not believe that the XR6 is actually mine and the other 2 cars in the corner are also mine, and are in a million pieces because I pulled tham apart, and I will be putting them back together again.
Though the guys that hang around our bus depot are all used to me now, and brag about knowing me, and having seen my work first hand.
i dont doubt that ur into cars or know more about them than me ;)
Old 01-03-2005, 11:47 PM   #226
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Ah Grasshopper (this means you Dez lol )

you have many things to learn about the ways of the whoa man aka woman, think for a moment of the last time you were at the local speed shop with your girlfriend and told her of your plans to spend money on your ride, now imagine the same conversation but this time with someone that understands your need to express your artistic side.

Mate I know for myself their is nothing finer than a cutie in a utie :evil_laug
Old 02-03-2005, 01:11 AM   #227
Dez
Banned

lol at the end of the day, its my money, if i wanna spend it on mods for a car, guess where the money will be spent ;)

i dont have a mrs at the moment, but when i did, she got gifts etc, but if you have to spend a shit load of money on her to keep her, then i dont want her.

as for her knowing about what im doing to the car, i dont care if she has no clue really.....i like my princesses :P
Old 02-03-2005, 11:57 AM   #228
masters24
I gots me a UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
Ladies: Tell us what attracted you to AFF ;)
Umm, bein a ford lass, a mate told me about the other site, then i transferred...

I love to yarn about cars etc, and i thought it would be a great community.

I also have always gotten on alot better with the fellas than the chicks. Just because i hate the bitchieness and whining of some of them. I would much rather hear the lads swearing and cursing because they tore open their knuckles while in workin in the engine bay!

Men are alot easier to calm down, you either bring them a beer, or flash them ur tits... : :

Last edited by masters24; 02-03-2005 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:38 PM   #229
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by masters24
Men are alot easier to calm down, you either bring them a beer, or flash them ur tits... : :
hahaha
well yeah that works
ok guys, who here is all worked up and need calming down?
Old 02-03-2005, 04:08 PM   #230
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS50
hahaha
well yeah that works
ok guys, who here is all worked up and need calming down?
Yep very true. Im in need of some calming down, blooooody works shits me.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:34 PM   #231
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

ARGGGGHHHHHHHHHH (^*&*%$^** *&%*^$&*_ %$@#%$#%$#%

i could do with a little bit of calming down :P

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
Old 02-03-2005, 05:17 PM   #232
Marlin_Girl
I wish I was a Pursuit...

hmmm so u guys want beer or boobs???
tehehe

pics of my ute HERE
Old 02-03-2005, 05:20 PM   #233
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin_Girl
tehehe
ohh its an option?
i thought it took both to calm down us guys
hahahaa
but if one had to choose ..................
Old 02-03-2005, 05:38 PM   #234
FORDWOGBOY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how can we be brought to choose between the 2 noo :(
Old 02-03-2005, 05:50 PM   #235
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin_Girl
tehehe
Must be a typo, beer on boobs right?
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:58 PM   #236
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont99
Must be a typo, beer on boobs right?
Don't. Even. Think. About. It.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford

Last edited by Feathers; 02-03-2005 at 06:00 PM.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:12 PM   #237
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
Don't. Even. Think. About. It.
Too late, thought about it
Old 02-03-2005, 06:14 PM   #238
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

AFF girls ROCK!!! :

We need more of you :p

Last edited by mcflux; 02-03-2005 at 06:15 PM.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:39 PM   #239
Kapn_Kiwi
It is hard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS50
Too late, thought about it
Hehe, but you didn't just get caught by your missus.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:44 PM   #240
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no thankfully
lol
still waiting for my beer tho
hahaha

Last edited by TS50; 02-03-2005 at 06:52 PM.
Closed Thread