Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-08-2007, 11:21 AM   #181
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
Dont know if you have looked lately but this is a FORD FORUM not HOLDEN, TOYOTA ETC but FORD and yes when it comes to FORDS i am very, very one eyed, if you want to talk up your HOLDENS etc please go to the APPROPRIATE forums.cheers :
HOW PATHETIC
RavenLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 11:31 AM   #182
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Guys i think redhotxr6 had the right idea when he suggested going to a Holden forum, except maybe RAVEN didnt take it the right way. If Vippins considering an SS maybe he should start a poll at a Holden site titled 'convince me not to buy an xr8' that way he gots a broader biased/unbiased view on the whole thing. (Theres oned eyed people on every forum) but itd be good to see how the other side thinks.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 11:39 AM   #183
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg
You know an integra type r from at least 5 years beofore the VX SS would be almost as quick, have better handling and be better built.
He wants a daily driver cruiser that can show it’s power when he needs to. That doesn’t sound like an ITR.

A stock DC2R Integra will keep a lot of cars honest in corners and under brakes but in acceleration it would struggle with a N/A 6 cyl Falcon/Commodore let alone an 8 or a Skyline. While it’s good for a N/A 1.8 it won’t match a big displacement engine in traffic light GP’s. I can easily live with an ITR as a daily driver but some people can’t. Driving one on noisy R-spec tyres for 2 hours on a freeway at 4000 revs isn’t the most comfortable experience in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasv8
a friend in Mt Isa that had one of the last model integra type r and although it went hard and handled well ,it was not a good car at all.(well, not for $50g)
out of the first year he had it,the majority was in getting warranty jobs.from memory there were 3 gearboxes,2 computers,2 drivers seats and im not 100% sure but i think it had 2 diffs as well.

he did give it a hiding,theres no doubt about that,it just was not a reliable machine when it came to pushing it.
Don’t compare an ADM DC5R (2.0 litre) with the ADM DC2R (1.8 litre, 4 headlights) model. The DC5R was a lesser RSX model with the Type R’s body kit, seats and LSD. I know of many DC2R’s (including mine) that have done over 100,000kms and many track days with no problems. However when they do break they can get expensive (both parts and labour).

It’s hard to compare an ITR with an XR8/SS for a daily driver only as they are different cars with different strengths and weaknesses. Sometimes I’d go for the V8’s (especially auto) as a nice relaxing thing that is good in a straight line and can slurp through petrol.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 11:46 AM   #184
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fantastic_Ford
Guys i think redhotxr6 had the right idea when he suggested going to a Holden forum, except maybe RAVEN didnt take it the right way. If Vippins considering an SS maybe he should start a poll at a Holden site titled 'convince me not to buy an xr8' that way he gots a broader biased/unbiased view on the whole thing. (Theres oned eyed people on every forum) but itd be good to see how the other side thinks.
I own a Ford aswell.
Old 20-08-2007, 11:50 AM   #185
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Yeah as do I (and its a fantastic ford at that) ;)

But cracking it at one eyed fans with good intentions (im giving benefit of the doubt here, thats the kind of guy i am) isnt going to help Vippin make his choice.
Old 20-08-2007, 12:07 PM   #186
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

I'd consider buying one myself when the next time comes who knows, Maybe a VE GTS but if not definantly something in the VE Vseries range.

I will also enter any part of the Forum I wish to enter. :
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 12:09 PM   #187
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

The way i see it is if you buy one and you like it you will keep it, if you hate it you will sell it and then no harm done and at least you can say i had one of those. End of the day you only live once and should give whatever you can a go, if thats a holden then who cares.

I will also enter any part of the Forum I wish to enter. :
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 12:48 PM   #188
red_hotxr6
Banned

In all honesty,why come on here and say, talk me out of buying.....why not go to a FORD dealer then go to a HOLDEN dealer and do your pro,s and con,s. Geez i hated giving up my xr6 but i didnt jump on here and say talk me out of selling my xr6 blah blah blah. I weighed up the pros and cons of what was needed and bought the tarago.Push button everything, elctrics everything, gps, central locking, dvd stereo, mpc etc dvd movie player etc the only thing lacking is that it does not do 12.5 secs between the lights. In other words i USED my own judgement to buy what was best suited for my situation, why cant you do the same.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 12:55 PM   #189
VippiN
What a performer!

Quote:
snip
That's all fine and dandy, but I choose to use others past experiance to help me in making my decision. So how about leaving my thread, your opinions are no longer valid.

Thanks to everyone else for their suggestions. As I said in the opening posts in this thread, the badging of a car is not a reason to not buy it.
1991 Ford Laser KF TX3 :: BP-T :: 2011-2015 109fwkW
2007 Ford Falcon BF XR6 Turbo Ute :: Barra 245T :: 2014-2019 324rwkW
1998 Ford Falcon AU XR8 Ute :: Windsor V8 :: 2019-2020
2008 Ford Fiesta XR4 :: Duratec 150 :: 2021-*
1998 Ford Falcon AU XR6 :: HP Intech :: 2021-*
VippiN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 01:10 PM   #190
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
In all honesty,why come on here and say, talk me out of buying.....why not go to a FORD dealer then go to a HOLDEN dealer and do your pro,s and con,s. Geez i hated giving up my xr6 but i didnt jump on here and say talk me out of selling my xr6 blah blah blah. I weighed up the pros and cons of what was needed and bought the tarago.Push button everything, elctrics everything, gps, central locking, dvd stereo, mpc etc dvd movie player etc the only thing lacking is that it does not do 12.5 secs between the lights. In other words i USED my own judgement to buy what was best suited for my situation, why cant you do the same.
well this a discussion board, and he wants other peoples opinion, not everyone is as good as you. :
it seams no one is allowed to have or give an opinion on this forum as long as your around to shoot them down with your BS reply's!
Old 20-08-2007, 01:48 PM   #191
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VippiN
That's all fine and dandy, but I choose to use others past experiance to help me in making my decision. So how about leaving my thread, your opinions are no longer valid.

Thanks to everyone else for their suggestions. As I said in the opening posts in this thread, the badging of a car is not a reason to not buy it.
Your wish is my command.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 01:54 PM   #192
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this thread is still going??? hahaha, in the end do what you need to do, but do you really want to be "another commo driver"?

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 03:54 PM   #193
jdg
Aussie cars rule!

Quote:
Don’t compare an ADM DC5R (2.0 litre) with the ADM DC2R (1.8 litre, 4 headlights) model. The DC5R was a lesser RSX model with the Type R’s body kit, seats and LSD. I know of many DC2R’s (including mine) that have done over 100,000kms and many track days with no problems. However when they do break they can get expensive (both parts and labour).
Yep AUDM DC5R was JDM type S

jdg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 04:06 PM   #194
james22
With da Warlords

I think everyone should respect his decision. Itys his job, his money and time to spend however he pleases.

Mself personally drove both the vx ss and the xr8 220, when it came time to upgrade and it was a very close call. The only reason i chose the 220 over the ss is the falcon seemed more 'refined', and looked a lot more unique. Also every man and his dog doesnt have one unlike the ss. Power was quite comparable, the 220 had more down low, the 5.7 more up top, the 220 seemed quite balanced mid/ late corner where the ss wanted to understeer. Other than that, THEY ARE BOTH TOP VEHICLES, and a credit to both ford and holdens engineering

Theres my .02c anyways.

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 04:18 PM   #195
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VippiN
I dunno about where you guys are, but I rarely see any bogan hoons in Gen3 SS's or Calais. If anything it's the standard VT/VX they put stockies on the rears and about, but the majority of Gen3 drivers are car enthusiasts and I don't think i've ever seen one thrash there car.

Depends where you are located to, there is at least half a dozen to a dozen that i can think of that are p platers with GenIII SS's mainly they are drivin by the VL type, hat slightly off centre to front, holden sticker on top of front screen, pooy exhausts neons the list goes on. I think that takes away that these are actually pretty good cars despite their share of problems as each car has
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 04:39 PM   #196
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVEN81
well this a discussion board, and he wants other peoples opinion, not everyone is as good as you. :
it seams no one is allowed to have or give an opinion on this forum as long as your around to shoot them down with your BS reply's!
Yeah agreed, hotxr6 should respect that Vippin wants other people opinions before he makes up his own mind. That dude was pretty tightly wound up too! :
Old 20-08-2007, 04:41 PM   #197
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Commodores turned ugly as after the between 1990(VL) and 1996 (V)
and the new ones are horrid... the SS rear end looks better then the HSV's too.. kinda lame
theres a good reason
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 04:56 PM   #198
dallasv8
5.8 litres of fun

it was this shape,im not faliliar with what exact model names etc.i do know it revver hard,it sort of opened up after 6g

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/06/i...01_01_1024.jpg
Old 20-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #199
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

DC5.. i love Vtecs sound so good.. NA POWER!!!!
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 07:23 PM   #200
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Actually seeing as you have even considered buying one of those things why dont you go on 1 of the Holden sites and ask their opinion, you might find your answer there.
As a matter of fact he did, although he worded it, "talk me outta buying a XR6T" and surprising enough there was a fair amount of support for the XR6T.
To the guy with the Turbo he bought from Rebels, i bought my BA XT from them in early 05 and payed 24K with 65K's, i doubt 12 months later you could get a low k Turbo from them for less than that money unless you had someone on the inside, they are rogues with the monopoly in the Northern suburbs.
In fact they are still asking 10-13K for S2/3 AU's in Futura trim.

I dont care one way or the other, i'm not going to argue it anymore, good luck to Vippin either way, i hope he get the best he can for his money and thats all that counts.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 10:05 PM   #201
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
To the guy with the Turbo he bought from Rebels, i bought my BA XT from them in early 05 and payed 24K with 65K's, i doubt 12 months later you could get a low k Turbo from them for less than that money unless you had someone on the inside, they are rogues with the monopoly in the Northern suburbs.
In fact they are still asking 10-13K for S2/3 AU's in Futura trim.

I dont care one way or the other, i'm not going to argue it anymore, good luck to Vippin either way, i hope he get the best he can for his money and thats all that counts.
Doubt all you want mate, because I went and certainly did it and I don't know anyone on the inside. It just takes persistance and a nack with car salesmen to get what you want, and i didnt say low km, i said similar to what you found, which is around the 90,000km mark. ;) you should try harder next time perhaps.

1979 XD Fairmont Ghia - Silver, 302C V8, Full velour interior, slowly building her up to be a tough cruiser!

2002 Nissan Patrol ST - Desert Gold, 4.8L DOHC 6cyl petrol (Soon to be reequipped with a 5.7L LS1 V8), 5speed auto, lifted, locked, 33's, nature destruction vehicle!
MightyXR6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2007, 12:12 AM   #202
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Check out Carsales or Point quite a few low K XR6T's there under 20k and there good cars with full hist. etc.
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post