Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #2011
mezza
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

hey all names Merrick own a BA xr6 love all ford old and new was wondering if any one no's where i can get a straight BA shell
mezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #2012
mr angelo
Starter Motor

Hi everyone im angelo im new on here. im a big ford fan. at the moment i own a xe esp 351just sold my 65 mustang and i have been through a few nice fords all hotties lol just wondering if someone can help me out i have an original 1983 xe fairmont ghia esp 6cyl one tone red grey trim factory glass sunroof the? car is very clean for its age. now i also have a nice mild 351 and auto that i want to fit in it the 351 and auto are out of a esp xe and o have all numbers etc to prove it. my question here is will i lose value if i fit the v8 in it?in it
mr angelo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #2013
albert100655
Starter Motor

Hi there guys! I am albbey, my warm greetings to all.
albert100655 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #2014
Mazz
Starter Motor

Hi there ford forum'ers, I'm Maree. We just bought a 2003 BA Futura Wagon in mercury silver with 126,000km to serve as a family car. My mum had a blue XF SPac Wagon when I was a kid, but the BA is my first Ford. It has some annoying issues with the central locking, I've been googling for solutions and that's how I found this site. :-)

My mum's blue '87 XF wagon was still going strong with 400,000km on it up until about 5 yrs ago when it rusted out. She had it from new, and she did all the services and maintenance on it herself. I remember when I was about 10, (the car was about 5 years old and showing rust from living near the beach) she had the car all pulled apart and was filling it with a drum of fish oil to prevent it from rusting any further. It stunk pretty bad for awhile after that, but she got another 15 years out of it until the rust took over.
Mazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #2015
Mel123
Starter Motor

Hi E1,
I own a BF Falcon and also a 2008 Ford Transit. I joined hoping to sort out some issues with both. Worked in Ford dealership as spare parts salesperson for about 10 yrs. (about 30 yrs ago)
Mel123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2012, 02:09 AM   #2016
HomoNo
Starter Motor

Hello. Greetings to all
HomoNo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #2017
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Hello Everyone and welcome to the forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr angelo
Hi everyone im angelo im new on here. im a big ford fan. at the moment i own a xe esp 351just sold my 65 mustang and i have been through a few nice fords all hotties lol just wondering if someone can help me out i have an original 1983 xe fairmont ghia esp 6cyl one tone red grey trim factory glass sunroof the? car is very clean for its age. now i also have a nice mild 351 and auto that i want to fit in it the 351 and auto are out of a esp xe and o have all numbers etc to prove it. my question here is will i lose value if i fit the v8 in it?in it
Hi Angelo,
Your question is a bit of a double edged sword. If someone is looking for an original matching numbers car, then fitting a V8 may not increase it's resale value, however more often than not, having a V8 fitted to any car increases it value more than a 6 in my opinion.

If you intend on keeping it for awhile, fit the V8, enjoy it and then when it comes time to sell, you can always sell it with the original 6 in it.

Cheers
Col
Old 26-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #2018
u2canb12
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising cruises and keeping the events in the spirit of the forums 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomoNo
Hello. Greetings to all
Welcome HomoNo!, this is an awesome Forum and excellent source of anything to do with Ford in general. Come on in and share your experiences, your car or ask a question it's all good!
u2canb12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #2019
Shan_Baxr6

Hey Everyone,
Been browsing through the forums for a few weeks now and thought id finally join!

My name is shannon im from biloela its about an hour inland from gladstone. I drive a 05 Velocity Blue Ba Xr6 MKII,
Looking to do a few mods to it like New exhaust which arrived today 2 1/2 inch xforce catback, Pacemaker extractors, Windows tinted, CAI, Sound system upgrade, 19" Chromies.
Im Sure ill be adding more mods to the list soon lol and ill be posting my build on here.
Shan_Baxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #2020
Rooster58
Starter Motor

G'day first car was a xb gs then a sundowner all way regretted selling them just bought a 1970 xy gt replica Engine no JG33mk90763k is this the right engine cheers rooster
Rooster58 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #2021
ianoutlaw
Starter Motor

Howdy folks av always loved and driven fords(gods own)
My current beast is a 82 fd ltd.
It has a nice 351 with 302 heads big valves 665 crane cam edelbrock intake 780 holley jp geardrives etc etc histall etc ect.99%rust free thats right im not lyning ha ha.Also av 2 xh utes wil try to get sum photoes up cheers!
ianoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #2022
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster58
G'day first car was a xb gs then a sundowner all way regretted selling them just bought a 1970 xy gt replica Engine no JG33mk90763k is this the right engine cheers rooster
G'day Rooster58,

Have a look at this thread Click Here as it has how to decode X Series numbers.

Cheers
Col
Old 26-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #2023
rogers
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

hi my name is josh rogers

my ride is a 1994 le mans red ed xr6
mods
xh intake snorkle
ea mpfi throttle body hose
pacemaker extractors
3 inchh manderal bent exhaust
16 inch el xr8 ftrs
drilled and slotted brake rotors
cruies controle momo steering wheel
custom dash faces
custom sony boot install with 2 12 inch subs and monoblock amp
el fuel flap
el door handles
btr ajustable shift kit
k&n panel filter
au clear side repetors

still to do
ef twin thermos
el door mirrors
bf gt bonnet buldge
ed xr8 sprint bodykit
el alt
rogers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #2024
music
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Howdy to all !

Hi All,

Just bought a new FG GT 335 and thought I would like to join the forum to gain info on mods I can do the car and "chat" with others who love their cars.

Cheers,
music.
music is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #2025
pecky222
Starter Motor

Hi everyone,
I've been using this forum for awhile to get valuable information to maintain a BA Falcon RTV ute I bought.

I replaced the heater shaft and without this forum that would have been impossible. I might add to make sure you clip up all the electrical connection properly as I had to remove the console again as the airbag light was on.

Secondly I replaced the rack ends, I removed the rack by removing the 12mm stud on the drivers side. They have a blob of weld on the so you can't remove them. I ground that down close to the thread filed it then cleaned ith with a 12mm die nut. When I replaced it I applied anyseaze to the thread tightened it up and locked it in place with a nylock nut. The problem you have with the rack creaking is that the studs are 12mm and the hole in the rack is 15mm so you have 3mm of movement biult into the steering.

Third thing , on the RTV you have track rods on the rear end. Mine had wear I removed the track rods and bolts to find the bush has a 12mm hole but the bolt is about 11mm with about 20mm of 12mm thread to prevent movement, once the thread wears away the track rod clunks on bumps. I replaced all the bolts with bolts with 12mm X 47mm shanks, problem solved.

I am glad to be a member and I hope this helps other members.
pecky222 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #2026
Bf2Ben
Starter Motor

Hey guys my names Ben, I always find myself checking out this forum every couple of days so thought hey why not join, anyway iv got a BF MK2 Fairmont Ghia in the blue/grey color with the piano black & white interior, everything is pretty much stock apart from the JL sub and amp I added, I love the car and now just wondering where I should start with mods, I am currently 19 and just about to get my green P's (I'm from VIC) so any suggestions would be great...Btw I will get some pics added over the next few days
Bf2Ben is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #2027
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by music
Hi All,

Just bought a new FG GT 335 and thought I would like to join the forum to gain info on mods I can do the car and "chat" with others who love their cars.

Cheers,
music.
Good onya and welcome aboard. Pictures of the car please ya lucky bugger...........
Old 27-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #2028
Top bloke
Starter Motor

Default hi all

this is gary .i am glad to find this sight hope fully it is lot of help about falcons as i have 2 of this beautys
Top bloke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #2029
moorev
Starter Motor

'night everyone.
A bit about me. First car was a 34 Ford V8 side valve tourer. Learned to drive in it round the paddocks. Try as I might could not roll the thing. It just leaned till the running board hit the ground. Great fun car. Swapped it for a Norton Dominator. Driven Fords most of my life. Now have a 2007 Ranger for round Oz trip. Changed the clutch from dual mass to Exceedy. Overhauled the gear box, was jumping out of first. Will probably do up the drive shafts as well. Should be an interesting afternoon drive.
moorev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #2030
frud82
Starter Motor

Hi every one my name is alf from nsw I just recently found
My self a 2003 ba 290 boss ute ... Much smother than my
Old courier... I've made my move up from turbo fours mainly for
Some drive line reliability
frud82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #2031
music
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs
Good onya and welcome aboard. Pictures of the car please ya lucky bugger...........
Heya buggerlugs,

I am OS and get back next Friday 6th July which is when I pick up my car !!!

WOO HOO.. Its black....
Attached pic from online before I bought it.
ummmm actually I dont know how to add the pic yet.. I will once I work out the attachement thing.

Already booked into Herrods to get the 380kw upgrade next SAT.

music is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #2032
pcjn
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

G'day,
I am Philip, 55yo father of two, had one vn commodore and eight fords from a Cortina to my current 04 fairmont ghia, and by far prefer the fords as they provide a smoother ride, are easier to service, and look better than the Holdens. Resident of Melbourne, electronics hobbyist, train driver and overall handyman.
pcjn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #2033
ivorytickler
Starter Motor

Default 'ow do folks

been a while since i've had the pleasure of owning a ford. not that you'd call this latest p/u a 'fair dinkum ford'.
for the purist in you last trusty fav ford I owned outright (think it cost me $90 way back when apprentice wages down at the cottage point boatshed were $14.50 a week) was a 1962? Australian build, 6 pot Zepher Mk11 surfin' - come shagin' - come - station wagon. a two tone grey beast that was the good gear for transporting a quiver of surfboards on top thereof up and down the east coast of Oz circa 1969, gettin' laid @ the drive in & transporting a 120 watt goldentone amp & hammond B series on the club rock circuit.
the TD Cortina & XB PV is another story.
enuff of all that now .... latest bus, this so called barn find bargain, a 2001 courier fourbe (2.6 ltr stock standard) is a must have given i've replaced the boards & stage work with growin' stuff & repairing a treehouse thats seen better days.
as somepeep said in here after doin' a quick search, courier info/help on the net is rare as, but hopefully there is resource/ reference material & reliable expertise hidden away in here somewheres. anybod care to point me in the right direction? also emailed ford Oz for any help they may care to offer, but might be pushin' the proverbial up a very steep hillclimb the locals reckon. cheers from the dark side of brisvegas.
ivorytickler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #2034
Modified
Starter Motor

Hey guys. My name is Aaron and yes im a ford fanatic. I currently own 4 fords. I have a Ford courier that has been lowered 2 inches, has 18 inch rims a 2 1/2 inch exhaust. It also has a pioneer sound system with 2 12 inch slim subs. I have a Festiva that has a k&n pod filter 2 1/2 inch exhaust and a kenwood sound system. I also have 2 EB falcons. 1 is a race car which i have just finished building to race in the national saloon car series from next year. The other one is an EB fairmont. its pretty stock just with a set of extractors and a clarion sound system.
Modified is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #2035
dafurn
Starter Motor

Hi guys,
just bought my first ford and joined up here to find some good info on it. Its a PX Ranger and it fantastic. Cheers guys.
dafurn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #2036
cooey
Starter Motor

Gday.My name is cooey.Have just come into possesion of 1994 nc fairlane but have no owners manual.Can anyone tell me correct tyre pressure for 205 65/r15 tyres
cooey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #2037
dondeano
Starter Motor

Possibly a silly question, but I have a ford falcon xr6 bf 2005 with the barra 190. Petrol only. The spark plug gap in the book says it should be 1.3mm, but the ones I got recomended from repco (nkg IFR6T11) are only a 1.1mm gap. Is repco wrong, or am I missing something? Also, I am going to replace my coils. What is the difference in the versions. I can get some AA, but think there is a later version. Any help would be great
dondeano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #2038
Geez Louise
Awesome

Welcome dondeano

I don't believe that any questions asked are silly.

You may want to ask your question in this section AU to BF Falcons as you will get people who may have encountered the same issue and can answer you in a flash

Cheers
Col
Old 28-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #2039
dondeano
Starter Motor

Cheers. Will try that.
dondeano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #2040
XA_Kev
Starter Motor

o/

New to the forums. Enjoying the pics. Hello all.
XA_Kev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post