The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 04:12 PM   #151
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast66
Really, If you look back, the so called "additional insults" are as follows:

Again Red, you are trying to put words in my mouth to create misinformtion. What was actually written could hardly be considered an insult.
As a moderator you should be using quotes accurately, not to attempt to defend your position by modifing them.
As I've said to you via PM previously, in no way do I want to argue with you or undermine you, you have the ultimate power with your "banning stick" as Sundrifer likes to refer to it, but please, be objective.
Your poor behavior is not a matter for debate! Nor is your contempt for this Forum or its moderation! I have neither the time nor the patience for schoolies debates.

If you cannot contribute anything meaningful, useful, or of value to the forum, then do not post. I have no such "banning stick" as you call it but trust me you will not be allowed continue to throw insults or show contempt for this forum.

Last Word!!!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 04:34 PM   #152
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 270
wow what an interesting read.

Funnily enough for me it was a toss up between an SS and the typhoon when i was looking at my car, price difference was huge. I could have driven away in an SS with leather, climate, 6speed for 42k. Typhoon was 74k.

SS was a very nice car, but its also noteble older in its design. Too much of mutton dressed as lamb. Brakes were appualing, was my only real gripe with it. Also the lack of torque, i dont beleive they are faster than an XR8 in a straight line, not by much anyway. Even motor has the XR8 doing a 13.9, vs a 14 for the SS.

The SS also has the rear suspension out of a 1970 austin maxi, its archaic, yet it seems to do ok on the track. But there is just no advancement. I have seen too much examlpes of holdens, just falling to bits.
My mates VXII Anniversary clubby is a prime example- Piston slap, electrics problems (brake lights dont even go unless you shake the loom!) and the after sales service is well, beyond poor.
I always have a GT loan car sitting there for me when my car goes back, and even with an HSV your lucky to get an astra. I found this another big selling point with the initial purchase, which i would gladly pay for the extra peace of mind.
I think overall both VZ and the BF's do represent good value for money, and if you pay sticker price (unless its an HSV/ FPV) ur an idiot.

I think what the SS-V (which is bloody lame IMO) does is show australians are still obsessed with LTD badges, and just extra stickers. Why couldnt they just put the extras on an SS and have the whole range upgraded? Putting a Z on the end cheapens it, and what the hell does it stand for?

But as has been said, people will by what the hell they want, and thats not going to change. And ford seem to be winning this war atm.

Long live the rivalry though, i thrive on this.

Cheers

I would choose a Typhoon over an SS too. Thats not really a fair comparison, you would have to put the Typhoon against a Monaro, or GTO or something, not an SS.
And the Ls1 is a bit doughy down low, yet still quicker than the Boss. However a cheap edit will clear up the bottom end torque dramatically. This is why i was saying before that pushrod = cheap, effective, easy to gain unopened bucket loads of HP.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:07 PM   #153
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZSS250
I have been enjoying this debate and there has been some really informative posts. Biased posts are generally easy to identify and are to be expected and ignored.

But, at the moment I'm not convinced that the six-speed auto is reason enough for people to miss out on the massive discounting being offered by Holden at the moment, both at the retail price level and the on road price level.

The VZ SSZ is fully optioned and packed with great gear. It offers $6000 more value than the previous VZ SS which was already a competitive package compared to the BA XR8. For those of us that salivate at the thought of driving either car, the value provided by the VZ SSZ is too hard to ignore when it comes time to hand over the dosh.

Lets not forget that the VE SS gets the same six speed auto next year and is likely to mutilate the BF on the market as the VT SS II did to the AU XR8. Ford will enter the discount war in the face of this competition, and is cheating its loyal customers by delaying.

How long do we have to endure this mudraking?

I am making a polite request to Admin and moderators alike, can we have this sort of post assessed for it's merits for inclusion in our once happy place?
Old 03-11-2005, 05:10 PM   #154
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUB
I would choose a Typhoon over an SS too. Thats not really a fair comparison, you would have to put the Typhoon against a Monaro, or GTO or something, not an SS.
And the Ls1 is a bit doughy down low, yet still quicker than the Boss. However a cheap edit will clear up the bottom end torque dramatically. This is why i was saying before that pushrod = cheap, effective, easy to gain unopened bucket loads of HP.
HEH, this is WAAAAAAYYYYY off topic, but they (motor magazine) pitted the Typhoon against the Clubbedsport with the LS2 in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor Magazine
...We'll settle it over what's important. Straight line speed and second- or third-gear cornering prowess? ClubSport's your go.

Absolutely anything else? F6 Typhoon takes the prize. Which is most of it, really, so take it as read. HSV picked a fight it thought it could win, and win easily. It couldn't. The Typhoon is back. Long may it reign.
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
Old 03-11-2005, 05:21 PM   #155
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUB
Hmmm.. the threads been about value for money, so in your eyes a Typhoon @74K is better value than an SS @ 42K, but an 6spd euro 3 complient XR8 @52K isnt better value than an out going model SS @ 51K?
Im lost with your logic....

Old 03-11-2005, 05:35 PM   #156
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8
How long do we have to endure this mudraking?

I am making a polite request to Admin and moderators alike, can we have this sort of post assessed for it's merits for inclusion in our once happy place?
Thats nothing, I got PM'd by this VZ guy telling me to stay off the forums because he's apparently right and I'm wrong about the boss and the gen3 sizes. Now what's that saying about if ignorance being bliss someone must be orgasmic?

The only thing I can figure is that we have obviously hit a nerve with these apprehensive Holden PR people, especially since in other posts we have called into question the viability of holden as a business. That could be why they all feel compelled to join a Ford forum and push their pro holden crap here.

Or maybe its because some of them are so insidiously stupid that they have been kicked off the holden forums.

One thing's for sure though, the BF is making some holden fans very nervous.

Quote: