Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-07-2007, 10:29 AM   #151
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hahaha, that's a good one.

"Look, if I cant log on, you cant too....... deal?"
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 04:55 PM   #152
xr8chick
HSV - I Just Ate One!

I'm 15 and have had MSN since I was 13. I think MSN is alot safer than Myspace.

I don't have myspace, because I really couldn't be bothered with it.

I see nothing wrong with MSN personally, but Myspace is a place for the people who don't have lives and want to put up pictures of themselves on the net for everyone to see.
Old 29-07-2007, 05:59 PM   #153
robbo_yobbo
Kick out tha Jams

They are both as safe as books, televisions, mobile phones, fax machines, and physicaly mailing letters......

No one can jump out of the screen and grab you!!!

Myspace and MSN are not dangerous. what is dangerous, is a young 13 yo girl agreeing to meet up with some 40yo pedaphile.

Does anyone realy believe that these people limit themselfes to myspace and MSN??? ofcourse not.

Chances are, if your 16 or younger, your going to need someone with a car+liscence to take you wherever you need to go, or at least give you money for a bus ticket or taxi. Now if your 14+ and you cant figure out that visiting an unknown 40yo bloke from the net is probably not in the "top 10 smartest things to do" list, then you have bigger problems to be worring about.
And if your 13 or younger, and your parents are giving you money for a bus ticket without knowing where your going, (or rather dropping you off themselfes), then worring about weather or not your using MSN/myspace seems a little trivial to me in comparison.

Last edited by robbo_yobbo; 29-07-2007 at 06:05 PM.
robbo_yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2007, 03:05 PM   #154
dom_105
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo_yobbo
They are both as safe as books, televisions, mobile phones, fax machines, and physicaly mailing letters......

No one can jump out of the screen and grab you!!!

Myspace and MSN are not dangerous. what is dangerous, is a young 13 yo girl agreeing to meet up with some 40yo pedaphile.

Does anyone realy believe that these people limit themselfes to myspace and MSN??? ofcourse not.

Chances are, if your 16 or younger, your going to need someone with a car+liscence to take you wherever you need to go, or at least give you money for a bus ticket or taxi. Now if your 14+ and you cant figure out that visiting an unknown 40yo bloke from the net is probably not in the "top 10 smartest things to do" list, then you have bigger problems to be worring about.
And if your 13 or younger, and your parents are giving you money for a bus ticket without knowing where your going, (or rather dropping you off themselfes), then worring about weather or not your using MSN/myspace seems a little trivial to me in comparison.
Spot on there.

MSN/Myspace is actually pretty safe IF you take the right precautions. Taking some common sense measures such as making sure no private details are given out etc, obviously will limit the risk of using these programs.

Truth of the matter is, Myspace and MSN are actually safer than a lot of other sites/programs an average child would have access to.
dom_105 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2007, 03:47 PM   #155
red_october
Go on, be a monkey....

To answer the OP, NO.

Hell, I won't even let my son be on it...
red_october is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 01:10 PM   #156
Eb Barbie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo_yobbo
Agreed. Both can be as bad as each other. Myspace you can display pics for people to see and Msn you can send them. It depends on the purpose of having them. I used to use msn alot to chat to friends but you do get the odd randoms that add you. It's just up to you if you accept or block them.
Myspace actually has a private profile setting so that no one over and/or under 18 can view your page. This is a wise idea for under 18's. I say give your daughter access as long as she doesnt abuse it or use it in the wrong way and she is aware of pedaphiles and it's dangers too.
Eb Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post