Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-01-2014, 10:49 PM   #151
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Fukushima declared an emergency...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Thats terrible. Forced recruiting of homeless because their expendable?

I understand there is no willing volunteers but this isnt the answer either, and especially for min wages.
While corrupt recruiters and gangs / mafia are skimming their payments and taking a cut of the clean up money.... what the hell is going on there...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #152
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like a bit of normal human behavior, the fat cat exploiting the little man, if info is correct, unlike Chernobyl that was dealt with fairly quickly, this event is really just starting and we still have no idea how it is going to play out.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2014, 01:16 PM   #153
nstg8a

Badly. That's how it's going to play out.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #154
gtfpv
GT

if russian people can, take responsibility for thier actions , and the JAPANESE , who'm most of us consider to be fairly advanced people dont . i think humans are in grea trouble . EITHER this is a scare mongering CONSPIRACY from and uneducated public , or an uncontrollable catastrophic nightmare in which the whole worlds top scientists should be involved .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2014, 05:10 PM   #155
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

How many people have directly died from radiation caused by this latest mother if all radioactive catastrophes? Please supply factual information with verifiable sources when answering. Thanks in advance.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2014, 05:28 PM   #156
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
How many people have directly died from radiation caused by this latest mother if all radioactive catastrophes? Please supply factual information with verifiable sources when answering. Thanks in advance.
The answer has been covered in the last 6 pages I'm sure. Irrelevant though given the current discussion is about responsibility, and repurcussions.

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #157
monte.b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbundy View Post
Why is it people worry about a little leak at a power station which has killed what ? 20 - 30 people. But the Yanks dropped nuclear bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki which took out 200,000 straight away. Sorry I can not see the relevance of this thread. One was man made (no big deal we wont even mention it ) the other Nature cant be helped ????
Thats just the most stupid post ive ever read ,the reason they dropped the bombs was to end the war earlier as the japs were not about to surrender ,the japs were warned beforehand but took no notice ,it saved thousands of our troops from death as they would have had to fight the japs all the way back to japan,read your bloody history before making such insulting remarks to our service men and women ,its got nothing to do with this thread anyway
monte.b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2014, 09:16 PM   #158
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000 View Post
The answer has been covered in the last 6 pages I'm sure. Irrelevant though given the current discussion is about responsibility, and repurcussions.

JP

Can't find the answer, so perhaps you can provide?

It is relevant because of all the claims...
Old 12-01-2014, 10:57 PM   #159
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

post #106 has the answer to the same question you asked then. Did you miss it! or just not reread it?. Relevant back then but this discussion has moved on. All the answers you seek are in there, or are you just stirring again.

Justin
Old 12-01-2014, 11:37 PM   #160
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
post #106 has the answer to the same question you asked then. Did you miss it! or just not reread it?. Relevant back then but this discussion has moved on. All the answers you seek are in there, or are you just stirring again.

Justin
So it is quite likely that zero people have died as a direct result of the radiation release.

I think this is important, people need to have perspective of the efforts being taken by TEPCO and the Japanese government to ensure the safety of the people.

Maybe a few positive words regarding their efforts rather than the continual "abuse" and end-of-the world-scenarios would be appropriate.
Old 13-01-2014, 12:51 PM   #161
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think from memory an american naval ship that responded to the fukishima thing has a lot of very sick guys from severe radiation poisoning, as well as japanese workers at the plant.
and im also pretty sure there have been deaths, but to my way of thinking its not about the deaths to this point(although they matter too) , its about the the deaths that may occur from cancer in years(decades to come) to come that will just be attributted to that nasty old cancer that occurs iin general but will probably not be identified where it mysteriously came from or why the rate of cancer has grown, and of course this doesn't take I to account the effect on birth rates, abnormalities, effect on wildlife in the future and the food chain, and the fact this event is not over by a long shot, they haven't started the hard stuff yet.
Old 13-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #162
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:

Google is you friend, as well the reading and typing skills you have learnt in your lifetime to garner such info.

AFF is hardly the place to recieve 100% up to date and completely acurate figures......
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #163
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver 45 View Post
Google is you friend, as well the reading and typing skills you have learnt in your lifetime to garner such info.

AFF is hardly the place to recieve 100% up to date and completely acurate figures......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
this doesn't take I to account the effect on birth rates, abnormalities, effect on wildlife in the future and the food chain, and the fact this event is not over by a long shot, they haven't started the hard stuff yet. .
I think Cheap is being a stirrer, with an agenda to prove that Nuclear is not dangerous and that this entire thread comprises left wing hippies un-Australian ideology or something. He seems to deliberately ignores previous commentary and citation and blame a faction of Australian politics.

I believe his opinion is that if nobody died it can’t be bad.

JP
3 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #164
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
I think Cheap is being a stirrer, with an agenda to prove that Nuclear is not dangerous and that this entire thread comprises left wing hippies un-Australian ideology or something. He seems to deliberately ignores previous commentary and citation and blame a faction of Australian politics.

I believe his opinion is that if nobody died it can’t be bad.

JP
Just because someone has a differing opinion to you does not automatically make the opposing party a 'stirrer'. Same could be said of yourself and others are just stirring. Just because you and others have an opinion does not necessarily mean that it is the correct one.

The topic has been discussed relatively peacefully so please keep it that way? Both sides have been quite respectful to each other ...... up until about now!

Thanks

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2014, 07:14 PM   #165
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
Just because someone has a differing opinion to you does not automatically make the opposing party a 'stirrer'. Same could be said of yourself and others are just stirring. Just because you and others have an opinion does not necessarily mean that it is the correct one.

The topic has been discussed relatively peacefully so please keep it that way? Both sides have been quite respectful to each other ...... up until about now!

Thanks
I don't think that is fair. Cheap asked exactly the same question back in the early 100 posts. He was given a detailed answer. but chose to ignore it and ask again. Based on his other posts in this thread and a few others he likes to stir. I admit I like to stir too but I do it once and never the same pointed question and at the relevant time, Im sure deep down we'd get on like a house on fire!
I believe cheap knows exactly what I am talking about,

Justin
Old 13-01-2014, 08:13 PM   #166
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
I don't think that is fair. Cheap asked exactly the same question back in the early 100 posts. He was given a detailed answer. but chose to ignore it and ask again. Based on his other posts in this thread and a few others he likes to stir. I admit I like to stir too but I do it once and never the same pointed question and at the relevant time, Im sure deep down we'd get on like a house on fire!
I believe cheap knows exactly what I am talking about,

Justin
Can only call it as I see it! Not entering into this debate but have read through it and just because someone states an opposing view, in what I see, in a non confronting or soap box way, doesnt brand them, in this case, a stirrer!

Just want to see the topic stay on track and not closed. It goes for both sides.

Lets keep to topic without the personal remarks

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2014, 08:28 PM   #167
Trump
bitch lasagne

I'm not sure how much worth to place on this but if proves to be accurate, we haven't seen the worst:

http://rt.com/news/fukushima-deconta...tem-stops-352/
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2014, 09:09 PM   #168
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Back on topic.

The "fallout" (pun kinda intended) from nuclear disasters is that the next disasters for a nuclear accident are at the same site.

Funnily enough the next Chernobyl is at.... Chernobyl. The concrete sarcophagus is cracking an in need of repair. The "Sarcophagus II" plan has been in the works since the early 2000's but keeps being delayed due to funding and political interests.

The original sarcophagus was hurriedly built (for obvious reasons) but has now started to deteriorate. Rather badly in some parts.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.

Last edited by Auslandau; 13-01-2014 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Back on topic .... good idea!
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2014, 09:39 PM   #169
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Actually I asked the original question some weeks (perhaps months) ago.

Recently someone restarted the discussion and more of what seemed to be a concerted and endless stream of 'bad' media news followed. In light of the 'bad' news I thought it appropriate to re-asked my question.

Despite all the adverse news it would seem there isn't one reported death directly attributed to the radiation release. I'm not sure why this means I'm a stirrer? I would have thought some good news would be welcome and put the bad news and other disaster claims into perspective.

As for Chernobyl you're correct and my old company is involved in the new works. There is a massive engineering/construction project underway to better fix the hastily constructed concrete structure.
Old 13-01-2014, 09:47 PM   #170
Trump
bitch lasagne

Cheap, the fact that the mainstream media are deathly silent about Fukushima is a clear indicator that all isn't well in the land of the rising sun.
Old 13-01-2014, 10:16 PM   #171
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
Cheap, the fact that the mainstream media are deathly silent about Fukushima is a clear indicator that all isn't well in the land of the rising sun.
Or in the overall scheme of things, there isn't much to report. The media generally thrives on bad news...

Glass half full or empty - your choice
Old 13-01-2014, 10:44 PM   #172
Brendo_GSUte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Or in the overall scheme of things, there isn't much to report. The media generally thrives on bad news...

Glass half full or empty - your choice
Not neccessarily it depends on the culture of the country... If its America it would be blown out of proportion to be made as if a nuke had gone off. If it was Australia it would be yep sh!ts hits the fan were working through it etc

Japan however.. if questioned there would be glances around the room untill proof was put down then more glances left and right then the big "ahhhhhh you mean this leak..."

Just the way the pride of the cultures dictates whats allowed to be reported on... Looks as if a foreign reporter got the story out too?

Im looking to swap my chrome roll bars and soft tonneau with the cut outs on my GS ute for just the normal FG FPV soft tonneau cover. Basically i want to do away with the chome bars

Im from Perth so it would be easier if someone from Perth is willing as well. I will drive to you as well.
Brendo_GSUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2014, 11:02 PM   #173
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo_GSUte View Post
Not neccessarily it depends on the culture of the country... If its America it would be blown out of proportion to be made as if a nuke had gone off. If it was Australia it would be yep sh!ts hits the fan were working through it etc

Japan however.. if questioned there would be glances around the room untill proof was put down then more glances left and right then the big "ahhhhhh you mean this leak..."

Just the way the pride of the cultures dictates whats allowed to be reported on... Looks as if a foreign reporter got the story out too?
This in a nutshell.
Old 13-01-2014, 11:40 PM   #174
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
This in a nutshell.
The Japanese can't keep things clammed up, there is independent verification through the various international agreements/agencies. Signing up as a signatory to the nuclear club can't be treated lightly, it wouldn't be in anyone interests to be caught not telling the truth or not fully verifying the claims/situation/risks. Just ask Iran.
Old 13-01-2014, 11:48 PM   #175
Brendo_GSUte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The Japanese can't keep things clammed up, there is independent verification through the various international agreements/agencies. Signing up as a signatory to the nuclear club can't be treated lightly, it wouldn't be in anyone interests to be caught not telling the truth or not fully verifying the claims/situation/risks. Just ask Iran.
Yeh right now its in the "lets hope the world forgets about it" phase if they dont then....

Thats where the "scapegoat" guy comes in. If they dont blame a dead guy it will be a near retired person or inter department lack of communication.

All they have to do is put a face to on the issue and convince the world their sorry and it wont happen again.

Im looking to swap my chrome roll bars and soft tonneau with the cut outs on my GS ute for just the normal FG FPV soft tonneau cover. Basically i want to do away with the chome bars

Im from Perth so it would be easier if someone from Perth is willing as well. I will drive to you as well.
Brendo_GSUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-01-2014, 04:08 PM   #176
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.infowars.com/study-fukush...000-americans/

an interesting article above, with some fairly respected people.
As i mentioned in my earlier post, how many people will be affected by this stuff in some way now or in the future and get sick or possibly die over a long period of time and just be diagnosed with another cancer, my guess is even if it's proved to be 99%Tepco won't take responsibility for it.
2 users like this post:
Old 14-01-2014, 04:30 PM   #177
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post

As i mentioned in my earlier post, how many people will be affected by this stuff in some way now or in the future and get sick or possibly die over a long period of time and just be diagnosed with another cancer, my guess is even if it's proved to be 99%Tepco won't take responsibility for it.
Oh dear, a Radio Shock Jock with his own website!!

Good thing he wasn't around when Orson Wells broadcast War Of The Worlds
Old 15-01-2014, 10:16 AM   #178
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post

There lies the issue for me & my great great great grand kids.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-01-2014, 09:20 PM   #179
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Ive listened to Alex Jones a number of times. My MIL listens to him daily and I get bombarded with conspiracy stuff all the time. Some of the stuff he says has merit but he is more of a cynic than I am which is a shock.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2014, 12:15 AM   #180
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hmmmm ........ "It wouldn't be in anyone's interest to tell a lie" ?
I'm sure if you looked hard you would find some share holders or fat cats with vested interests somewhere that might want to argue that point with you.