Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-07-2007, 12:06 AM   #121
Nevermind
Goodbye XR8

I cracked level 50 a while ago with about 10mill in the bank.
Bought all Euro and Asian cars, but need about 3 - 5 mill extra for the US cars. Costs 100,000 for the first region change and 500,000 for the second change, You need to change to get all cars (plus you get the discounts on the new regions car when you change over).

In the process of earning a million online credits which can be frustrating and slow. sitting at around 600,000 with about 3 or 4 fairly solid days of playing online.
Old 21-07-2007, 09:39 AM   #122
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
You have to change regions i think man... When your in any menu just press RB and it should take you to another menu that have career stats... It costs money also but i think thats how you unlock certain cars - Which is necessary if your wanting the owning all cars achievement - Im only at level 38

Thanks heaps

ive bought all Japan, Italy, UK, France, Sweden, Korea and Spains cars, with only a little bit left in Germany, and still heaps to go in USA, sad to say, 10 Mill wont get you far, i swallow'd 10.5Million CR with ease, i wish i was able to get them all with 10millionCR, ferrari for me was the worse, even with the discounts.... hehehe excellent game, but nothing left to do but buy USA and germany for achievments lol...
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2007, 08:23 PM   #123
LPGUTE

here is my car and my game tag is BABY UTE

nice shot i think.

2001 AUII Factory LPG Manual XL Styleside Box
High series bonnet
Clear Side Indicator
K&N Air Filter
BAXR6T Snorkle
Low Fronts, Super Low Leafs

LPGUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2007, 10:14 PM   #124
Jock260
Cast Iron fan

Here are 4 of mine.

Old 28-12-2007, 04:10 PM   #125
LPGUTE

anyone in the S class tournament?

High series bonnet
Clear Side Indicator
K&N Air Filter
BAXR6T Snorkle

Old 01-01-2008, 04:11 PM   #126
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

hey guys.
I just bought an Xbox 360 the other day, i also got Forza with it.
I have played it a couple of times, but it has started to bugger up.
for instance, it takes forever to load, last time i used it, the menus came up, no writing in them, missing graphics. When you manage to get the menu to come up after restarting it, you drive on the track, and the track vanishes I will link you to this thread, http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/fo...ad/397087.aspx read through the complaints, this is EXACTLY what is happening.
Has anyone else had these problems, I am seriously ****ed off that this game wont work anymore, it is a good game.
By the way, the disc is BRAND new, only put it in the xbox once now it is in the case, it has NO scratches on it.
I forgot to add, it can make your Xbox redlight... then its time to pack it up and send it back to get fixed.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2008, 04:34 PM   #127
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

call microsoft. Seeing as though you just bought it, they will give you a code. You need to take the code and the 360 to the place you bought it and they will swap it over for a new one. But only if you have bought it within the last 30 days. otherwise you need to send it off

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
I FluXx I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2008, 04:37 PM   #128
sfr rob

do you reckon it's the Xbox or the game, because i bought a couple of other games, finished 2 of them right through, and not one glitch!
I am thinking its the Forza disc its self.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #129
LPGUTE

did u put the xbox in a bundle? with forza and viva pinata? i think it the xbox, mine freezes

High series bonnet
Clear Side Indicator
K&N Air Filter
BAXR6T Snorkle

Old 03-01-2008, 12:04 AM   #130
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

it has happened to me once or twice..

all my consoles have done it from time to time!

i am in the a class tournament that closes tmrw at 3pm my time (i think)..

not sure that you are on my friends list lpgute, whats your gamertag? mines xr06t, add me if you like!
Old 03-01-2008, 12:40 AM   #131
martO
meh

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his efforts in creating the monthly Photoshop competitions and advice/tips on how to use Photoshop. 

Mine does it too, tis funny when you are racing on the nurburgring and the track disappears :, fun trying to guess where the road is... Not just with forza, it happens all the time, when a game is loading or saving it just stops and says check disc or whatever. These are brand new discs with no scratches too.

But hey I'm not complaining, this is only my second xbox, my brother is on his 4th...
Old 03-01-2008, 10:50 AM   #132
sfr rob

i swapped the disc over, all good for a while, then it did the clean disk rubbish. Man my old Xbox NEVER skipped a beat and i have had that since it first came out, whats wrong with this piece of crap!
Hey, i think my xbox killed my brothers telly as well...... it flickered, went black and white, made weird noises then gave up the ghost..... I might just go get a refund and buy a PS3 instead.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:52 AM   #133
sfr rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPGUTE
did u put the xbox in a bundle? with forza and viva pinata? i think it the xbox, mine freezes
Hi, yes it was a bundle console, but only came with remote control, and Forza. My theory is that Turn 10 (developer) & Xbox are giving the game away because it is so bad. I am going to take the whole lot back to JB today i reckon.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:00 AM   #134
gozza

I had the ROD - You have a warranty for that. Read the Xbox Website - Mine was repaired and returned within 2 weeks -

Apparently Forza 2 is very brutal on the Original Xbox 360's . The heat produced from the processing couldn't be handled - I think when mine got repaired they upgraded the heat sink or what ever they call it.
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2008, 12:26 AM   #135
martO
meh

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his efforts in creating the monthly Photoshop competitions and advice/tips on how to use Photoshop. 

Either way, I somehow don't think I'm getting the next xbox, or any microsoft console product for that matter.

I bought mine mid last year, had to take it straight back, got an e67 error which was a dud hdd. Got the new one and it constantly fails reading discs. I get a good run every now and then.

Not to mention my play and charge for the wireless controller doesn't work, it doesn't charge the controller at all. I pretty much have mine hooked up with the wired usb connection permanently. Also I'm on my second microsoft steering wheel, which is also buggered and I just cbf taking it back.

If that wasn't bad enough, my older brother got his xbox360 on release, had 3 red lights about a month ago and he got it back yesterday. Now he's just gonna mod this one.
His wife bought him a new one whilst the other was getting repaired, that got 3 red lights after 4 days, the new one, took it home and got an e67 error and the third seems to be going okay for now.

THEN .. my little brother rang me not more then 10mins ago telling me his xbox is now black and white, and all the connections are correct, its on the right channel etc.. I'll have to check it tomorrow but looks like thats just another xbox to our list.....

I love buying stuff that doesn't work, bring on the PS3.......... :
Old 04-01-2008, 12:29 AM   #136
Jock260
Cast Iron fan

i Agree 100% and i had almost the same problem, i bought mine christmas last year and had a e67 error also. Im definately very keen on the PS3, my brother bought one week ago, and all i can say is wow. COD4:MF looks amazing on it and i cant wait to see GT5.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:00 AM   #137
martO
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jock260
i Agree 100% and i had almost the same problem, i bought mine christmas last year and had a e67 error also. Im definately very keen on the PS3, my brother bought one week ago, and all i can say is wow. COD4:MF looks amazing on it and i cant wait to see GT5.
Awesome. I really wanted GT5 anyway, but this whole xbox situation is making me strongly consider trading it in for a PS3 tomorrow! Only thing I'll miss is the whole xbox dashboard/xboxlive and the graphics are almost identical on both systems anyway.

Also my little brother rang me and it was his TV being crap so his one is still working.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:14 AM   #138
XW_GS
Paulie

Hi all,
i bought an xbox for the kids for chrissy with the forza and pinata games. and one more game of their choice which was the soccer game, fifa 07 08 or something i think
i had asked everyone from IT people to gamers and all said to go for the 360.

i did buy it from harvey norman , the kids opened and set the machine up.

they had it vertical and playing when i thought it better sit horizontal..,so i sat it flat first mistake..scratched disk...

got it buffed at a video store,,, no probs all good.

the boys where playing it all day during the hot days in adelaide in the mother in laws family room (which has no aircon), i though if its gonna sh@t itself, it will do it now...

so far so good...

i am feeling a bit nervous but keeping my fingers crossed...

2 wireless remotes working fine still

only locked up once on another game they bought preowned from eb games, has a very very faint scratch, i might get that buffed too if it becomes an issue.

My Website
www.freewebs.com/xwgs

:disco:

302 XWGS FAIRMONT C10 9" :
302 XW FAIRMONT 4 SP 9" :

Fact: an XW had a shaker before any XY did...... :Up_to_som

Should a 302 Cleveland really be called a 302 Geelong?? No 302's with a Cleveland block where built in Cleveland
XW_GS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2008, 09:41 AM   #139
martO
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWGS351
Hi all,
i bought an xbox for the kids for chrissy with the forza and pinata games. and one more game of their choice which was the soccer game, fifa 07 08 or something i think
i had asked everyone from IT people to gamers and all said to go for the 360.

i did buy it from harvey norman , the kids opened and set the machine up.

they had it vertical and playing when i thought it better sit horizontal..,so i sat it flat first mistake..scratched disk...

got it buffed at a video store,,, no probs all good.

the boys where playing it all day during the hot days in adelaide in the mother in laws family room (which has no aircon), i though if its gonna sh@t itself, it will do it now...

so far so good...

i am feeling a bit nervous but keeping my fingers crossed...

2 wireless remotes working fine still

only locked up once on another game they bought preowned from eb games, has a very very faint scratch, i might get that buffed too if it becomes an issue.
Just hang on to your receipt, if it does happen at least you can get it replaced.
Also as you discovered you should never move the console with a disc in it. It doesn't matter if you stand it vertically or horizontally, mine stuffs up just as much both ways!
Good luck with it, not all of them stuff up, so don't be too worried.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:34 AM   #140
LPGUTE

How good is Viva pinata? i like the song at the beginning...not as good as forza but.

High series bonnet
Clear Side Indicator
K&N Air Filter
BAXR6T Snorkle

Old 04-01-2008, 12:05 PM   #141
sfr rob

Still trying to figure out why the telly gave up the ghost while using the XBOX, i think i am going to take it back and swap it for a PS3 tomorrow.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:18 PM   #142
nommic
EL Monty Ghia

I would be very, VERY surprised if an Xbox managed to kill a TV. Does the TV not turn on now? What exactly is the problem?
Old 04-01-2008, 01:16 PM   #143
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

was playing it yesterday at a mates place, he has an old porsche (70s version i think) with the latest Turbo motor in it. smokes in 3rd from a stand still smokes in 4th at 6 grand from stand still

by far my favourite car though was the Toyota Trueno Sprinter. i love that car, great for just fanging it around the track and with minimal mods and stripped it flys!
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post