Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 01:49 AM   #121
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Reliable except for the cage bearing design fault the car had.
If by fault you mean basically being a Camry with a Holden badge slapped on lol.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:57 AM   #122
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
If by fault you mean basically being a Camry with a Holden badge slapped on lol.

There were a few differences in the panel, well the JK model there was. But the Toyota parts made the car reliable.
But I believe that Ford sold a few rebadged Mazda cars.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:59 AM   #123
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
There were a few differences in the panel, well the JK model there was. But the Toyota parts made the car reliable.
But I believe that Ford sold a few rebadged Mazda cars.
Sure did. I have one of such vehicles lol.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:56 PM   #124
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhdriver
Only because you are judging them narrow mindedly on the basis of the connection that they have to Daewoo. I haven't seen any evidence at all to suggest that they are an unreliable car. Daewoos may have been crap but it doesn't mean that they aren't able to improve, especially with substantial GM input.
Whatever sunshine, i was judging from the ads and the look of the car, do you expect to see evidence yet? they've been out what, 2 months? relax its just an opinion
Old 07-12-2005, 02:23 PM   #125
aualright

Quote:
Originally Posted by xe351
Whatever sunshine, i was judging from the ads and the look of the car, do you expect to see evidence yet? they've been out what, 2 months? relax its just an opinion
Its (Viva) definitely isn't cutting edge design like other GM products re Vectra, Astra. It looks not much different from the old Ford Festivas and of course the Lanos. Still, people are buying them.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:37 PM   #126
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw the Viva at the motor show and it was much better built than I had expected. Sure it's Korean, but it is a sign of things to come. Remember that Japan's automotive industry used to be a laughing stock in a similiar way 30 years ago.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:43 PM   #127
aualright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
I saw the Viva at the motor show and it was much better built than I had expected. Sure it's Korean, but it is a sign of things to come. Remember that Japan's automotive industry used to be a laughing stock in a similiar way 30 years ago.
Yeah - the old Jap crap saying isn't valid anymore. But having said that, why did Ford move away from Korean based small cars to get their product from Europe. Surely it wasn't an image thing??
Old 07-12-2005, 04:36 PM   #128
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

One thing that is interesting, and weird for GMH, is how small those holden badges are on those cars, just odd really.

The only non jap/aussie/german car I would buy would be some of the new hyundai's. And teh new tiberion (sp?) is looking like a machine, RWD to boot!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 07-12-2005, 05:38 PM   #129
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
The Vivas build quality isn't any worse than the Commodore, but i dont think it was possible to go lower lol.
They are still no match on the Astra and Barina they replaced, even tho both models were showing their age.
Old 24-06-2006, 06:32 PM   #130
rfk1
Starter Motor

Why do people buy holdens? Why are there psychitrists? The answer is the same....
Old 24-06-2006, 06:54 PM   #131
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfk1
Why do people buy holdens? Why are there psychitrists? The answer is the same....
Why does laminge always lock the good threads?
Closed Thread