Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-04-2010, 11:23 PM   #121
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People who buy Holdens and have a good experience with them don't want to change.

One of my mates from tennis drives an Excel, but will soon be acquiring his parents' ~98-2000 Astra (he's 28 btw) and his parents plan to buy a Cruze.

They aren't even considering a Focus or Mazda 3/6. They brushed it off and are buying a Cruze because it's a Holden, and Holden has given them a positive experience with the Astra.

I can see the Cruze outselling the Falcon in the next year or two. Not because it's any better, but because it suits the criteria of being a smaller car, 'fuel efficient', and it's a Holden. Put a Holden badge on a Datsun 120Y and it's the car of the month with buyers.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2010, 01:20 AM   #122
1TUFFUTE
Banned

seriously i just went to u tube and looked up top gear holden v ford and watched the segment on the falcon v the commadore...after hinting that ford had over spent with a price tag of half a billion for the new ford..i noticed they didnt mention the 1 billion prive tag on the holden. Anyway....moving on to a complete and uterly dominant win to the falcon. Not only did the falcon beat the holden by over a sec down the strip..on the corners the holden almosts tips on its roof with bodyroll....stalls with handbrakies and has almost no suspension grip when pushed around a corner. Not to mention the quality issues and the and the cheap look of the holden............WHY THE HELL ARE PEOPLE STILL BUYING THESE PEICES OF CRAP : :
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2010, 01:56 AM   #123
SVD

as far as i see it, those who have had good experiences with the European modeled Holden's (astra/vecta etc...) they believe the entire range would be good, but the people who have had commodores, and think they are ******** shy away from the entire Australian market!!!

my friends parent's had a VE series one thought it was crap and then said they would never buy Australian again!

Maybe ford would be better off distancing themselves from the Holden vs ford battle and start aiming their campaigns against Merc/BMW and other euro brands...if they can show up their European counterparts and Japanese counterparts they may do better in the sales race
SVD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2010, 10:03 AM   #124
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordv8!
are these worrying figures or does ford make a good profit on those numbers, i cant believe people are buying the ve hopefully sales pick up when coyotte released ive heard a lot of guys say they bought a ss because its faster then xr8 but we all know that can be missleading i get the feeling ford lose a lot of sales that way

They have a great V8, they have a wagon and they have a good reputation, I dont see how its so hard that they sell so well.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2010, 10:10 AM   #125
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80

60% of Holden sales are (fleet based) Omegas so [U]if Ford only pinches half

60% are Omegas are you sure?? 35% of Commodores are V8, which leaves only 5% for Berlinas, SV6s, Calais, Calais V, Internationals sedans and wagons.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2010, 11:10 AM   #126
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
60% are Omegas are you sure?? 35% of Commodores are V8, which leaves only 5% for Berlinas, SV6s, Calais, Calais V, Internationals sedans and wagons.
GMHolden total Commodore sales were 42361 in 2009. GMHolden sold a total of 6233 SS & SSV in 2009. Which is 14.7%. A solid result. Not sure of Calais & Calais V V8 sales. But sometime last year IIRC they a had a record 22% V8 sales in one month. Helps to have a lacklustre V6 to stir V8 sales.

I don't know the split, but 50-60% Omega sales is quite a feasible amount.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post