Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-08-2009, 10:16 PM   #121
XR8putts

Can't believe they kept the small light below the DRL LEDs.. isn't the point of them to.. oh nevermind.

ESP, arn't both those wheel designs on the current range?
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2009, 10:28 PM   #122
Wally
XP Coupe

Rear bar looks like a bottle opener.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #123
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by puts99
Can't believe they kept the small light below the DRL LEDs.. isn't the point of them to.. oh nevermind.

ESP, arn't both those wheel designs on the current range?
On the wagon yes , but are they carry overs from the VY / VZ ??......
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2009, 10:31 PM   #124
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Mitsubishi Lancer VRX anyone????
The kids love Mitsubishis's.

Quote:
Wally
Rear bar looks like a bottle opener.
True big buff Aussie men love beer.

I think HSV is onto something here!

Current Ride - 2013 Ford Ranger, XLT 4x4, ARB kitted brick
Former Current ride - 09 XR6T in Octane, with a pinch of Sports pack
Weekender - Ford Cortina 1969 coupe
Project - 1968 Ford Cortina 4 door
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2009, 10:39 PM   #125
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It will seel like hotcakes though.
An got a felling the gts is going to be sexy as in black and loweres like always .
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2009, 10:44 PM   #126
Bent8
Long live the GT !

The bodykit is hideous, belongs on a HSV or something.....oh wait, it is!

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #127
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Has 'ridiculously disgusting' been used yet?
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2009, 10:51 PM   #128
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Missus loves it , I want to hate because its the competition and to go with the general crowd on here . But its not to bad at all , It will look mean as a ute and i believe it will sell and be more popular the fpv's.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2009, 11:11 PM   #129
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

you know, usually HSV don't too bad a job styling their cars. The overtly masculine, almost testosterone leaching look can be a bit much but it works for their target market.

This on the other hand, is beyond bad. It comits pretty much every mistake you can make in automotive styling. I dont claim to be an expert, but just off the top of my head:

1. way way way too busy!!! So much going on, that rear bumper on the sedan alone is ridiculous
2. NOT INTEGRATED - you have the head/tail lights from a squared off, almost audi style late 90s design (BA headlights..) and you go and put a totally nutso, 'sleak' attempt nose job. Its like when saab tried to swedish nose job that subaru. Its like a 'kinetic' styled Ford nose job...on a holden?? This is why it looks like a body kit from repco...
3. Over the top...even for HSV. As others have said, if you had any more holes in the front/top/sides it would surely qualify as a 'sieve', not a car.
4. Derivative rip offs...the 'audi' driving lights, the trapezoidal style lower grille...at least FPV did something a bit different with the 'racoon' eyes, love them or hate them.

As always, i will wait till i see one in the flesh before passing final judgement. But based on this....its a big big NO NO

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2009, 11:16 PM   #130
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

It doesn't look all that bad in my opinion. I mean, if you squint, and then squint a little harder, and then some more until your eyes are completely closed then yeah, it doesn't look bad at all.

Talking of the proverbial paper bag, VE car bra sales (and for that matter, "granny's undies"? for the rear end) will sky rocket.

JPFS1, you've hit the bulls-eye, it's a very big free kick.

In saying all that, it'll still sell well; HSV's customer base never did have taste.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:21 PM   #131
theboxmike

I know i'm only 18...and come from a different generation but to me they look pretty good....Excluding the stupid back of the wagon.

Still would rather a FPV GTE in the looks department though:P
theboxmike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2009, 11:24 PM   #132
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman88
2. NOT INTEGRATED - you have the head/tail lights from a squared off, almost audi style late 90s design (BA headlights..) and you go and put a totally nutso, 'sleak' attempt nose job. Its like when saab tried to swedish nose job that subaru. Its like a 'kinetic' styled Ford nose job...on a holden?? This is why it looks like a body kit from repco...
Spot on. The fog light surround - where it looks like the FG XR's fog light surround, but of course they had to make theirs bigger - is there to hide the very wide flares. In essence, this has carried through the to the back of the vehicle. The idea is good but poorly executed. It's a failure.
As you say, it's very busy. What have they done with that back end? They trying to scare motorists?
Old 07-08-2009, 11:25 PM   #133
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man

In saying all that, it'll still sell well; HSV's customer base never did have taste.
Maybe so Falc'man....BUT, for me the highlight is, well the lack of highlight RE the mechanical changes. That rumoured 'power jump' to, wait for it, 320kw. That's right, 3 bloomin kw!!! As if you could trust Holden/HSV to ever get an engine to reliably produce anwhere near their claimed HP anyway!!!!

Given this 'massive' improvement, i think FPV is looking ok for now. Hell, i know of a certain engine, named after an animal that haunts the desert, that can smash this thing. Remind me again what it pumps out with a blower???

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Old 07-08-2009, 11:32 PM   #134
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman88
Maybe so Falc'man....BUT, for me the highlight is, well the lack of highlight RE the mechanical changes. That rumoured 'power jump' to, wait for it, 320kw. That's right, 3 bloomin kw!!! As if you could trust Holden/HSV to ever get an engine to reliably produce anwhere near their claimed HP anyway!!!!

Given this 'massive' improvement, i think FPV is looking ok for now. Hell, i know of a certain engine, named after an animal that haunts the desert, that can smash this thing. Remind me again what it pumps out with a blower???
I just don't know, HSV and a Holden have a thing for being beaten (refer to t8 buy out) ; they will hit back, and they do have the arsenal. >>LS9. God help us if they decide to use it. Ford need to have the Bobcat in waiting.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:41 PM   #135
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
I just don't know, HSV and a Holden have a thing for being beaten (refer to t8 buy out) ; they will hit back, and they do have the arsenal. >>LS9. God help us if they decide to use it. Ford need to have the Bobcat in waiting.
True, but i don't think LS9 will be seen any time soon. They can get more out of what they have now for less moolah. Problem is they couldn't be bothered. Everything FPV does cries out 'we have no money', everything HSV does says 'i just want to make more money'. The art of marketing, brand perception and doing as little as humanly possible. Sure in the future maybe FPV will force HSV into the big guns, but then again, as you say, its not like coyote hasn't got a future ahead of it either....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Old 07-08-2009, 11:53 PM   #136
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

When I first looked at the rear end I liked it (exhaust outlets and wing)

The longer I looked I started to hate it

Shouldnt cars grow on you?........That cant be good

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2009, 07:48 AM   #137
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'm going against the grain... and i think i like it....

but something just doesn't look right...and i think it was mentioned earlier... the front bar is all round and sleek... but the head lights are square... it just doesn't fit... it reminds me of seeing late model HSV kits put onto old model commodores

looking at it actually makes me want to like it.... i look at it... and the excitement builds... and then it's just a feeling of blah... and nothing...
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2009, 09:22 AM   #138
DougM

[b]fugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DougM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #139
HSE2

This kit was described to me as having a lot of lines, with a power increase to 321 possibly due to the exhaust that has been developed for export market.

My first reaction was:

HSV have again reacted to what their customer base expects. Day time running lights for that "look at me" impact, Bimodal exhaust because V8 buyers want their cars to sound like a V8 and a yet again a lower road presence which is a subject left alone with the FPV V8 range.

My initial reaction to these pictures is that this is a VY take on the E series just like it was on the VT.

I like the rear, like the idea of bringing the exhaust back inside the body work to give attention to that feature. It’s a strong statement.

The execution doesn't look right. The rear skirt vents with the increased body lines looks awkward but it’s likely to be a colour sensitive kit.

The front well the bonnet doesn't work for me. The new V12 vantage has an interesting vent treatment that would have worked better than this attempt.

I have never been a fan of the front treatment of the e series. The driving light plastic insert never really worked with the massive fall off of the front guards from rear three quarter. Again colour will probably be critical to show off design features like the day time light. The Silver just doesn't come off as well as the red on the wagon.

They are obviously going to keep a two tone statement in the front but it does seem to have lost something in those pictures. Some on the new lines actually reminds me of the FG XR with an eyebrow above the driving light.

Will be looking forward to seeing in the flesh.

Also nice to see something this week not going to plan for Holden. This leak hurts and that’s a good thing.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'

Last edited by HSE2; 08-08-2009 at 09:57 AM.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2009, 09:56 AM   #140
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2

Will be looking forward to seeing in the flesh.

Totally agree.........I think if they deleted the bonnet scoops , it would look more cohesive. There are enough vents everywhere else.

Despite the one eyed comments on here already, I think it will outrival the FPV effort on the FG once its on the road. It will sell in droves.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #141
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Not a good response over at LS1.com. 95% hate it.

Will have to wait to see if these are actually the cars.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2009, 10:09 AM   #142
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Did AMG loose some bumpers?

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #143
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Looks retarded IMO

A backward step, and as said the front end especially looks too 'busy'

I hope those clowns haven't done anything to bastardise the Grange in a similar fashion, that's one of my favourite luxo-barges next to the G6ET
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #144
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

http://www.caradvice.com.au/37827/ex...2-range-spied/
Old 08-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #145
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I hope its released like that, because it is the most ridiculous piece of garbage i've ever seen.

That is just an absolute disgrace. And to steal some of Fords design cues. Holden seem to be making a habit of stealing things from Ford ie. 888.

Its like they have taken about 10 different design cues and thrown them in a blender. They must have had 10 different design teams design one part each and then they joined them all together.

I reckon i've seen aftermarket rip off body kits on VS Commo's that look more integrated than that.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #146
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Its like they have taken about 10 different design cues and thrown them in a blender. They must have had 10 different design teams design one part each and then they joined them all together.
So its like the VE then.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:34 PM   #147
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

I don't really like it. But this sort of response to an ugly design has happened many times and each time people will grow to like it .
I tend to eat my words a while after seeing an ugly car on the road for a while. Didnt like the vy hsv's at first either.
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #148
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

These photo's should really help HSV with their E Series One runout.

The phrase 'change for change's sake' comes to mind.

Last edited by R-Design; 08-08-2009 at 01:49 PM.
R-Design is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #149
Thankfull
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane
They are probably correct. HSV usually turn the wick up every 18months or so. Great if you want a new HSV, lousy if you want resale. Still is better than FPV sitting on their hands- Boss 290, anyone.
Ford is never left sitting on its hands when it comes to performance....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiaO-...eature=related

enjoy...relise what a Joke HSV really is...
Thankfull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2009, 07:54 PM   #150
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

An aftermarket kitted Mustang has nothing to do with FPV vs HSV.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post