Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #121
Ducati888
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: "" MAYAN CALANDER ""

The Shuttle can't go outside orbit because it's rocket boosters aren't big enough to get it there. The Apollo rocket was more than double the size.

What do you mean they never went back? They sent 7 Apollo moonshots, 6 of which made it. 12 men have walked on the moon from 6 successful missions. Apollo 13 never made it.

They learned as much as they needed to and cancelled the last two Apollo shots because of the costs of the Vietnam war.

We haven't gone back because we beat the Russians there - the main reason why we went. Also, there's nothing there. Mankind will go back. China will be the next country to land men and/or women on the moon.

What you've read, GTFPV, is obviously crap.

Beware of the truth. It's hidden out there in books and on the internet.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #122
Ducati888
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
why is it that people who seem to know the answers ridicule and call others nutbags and idiots ?
Because the truth is so easy to find.

I wasn't referring to you gtfpv, I was referring to conspiracy theorists in general.

Sorry if you took it personally.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #123
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati888
Because the truth is so easy to find.

I wasn't referring to you gtfpv, I was referring to conspiracy theorists in general.

Sorry if you took it personally.
no worries mate . i think this is an interesting topic , but i'll bowe out a little now , dont want to ruin it , and look forward to reading the outcome of future posts here , imagine when 2013 ticks around, how many people will be dropping off the internet . lol. regarding space flight, i simply love it, one of our best achievements ever .
Old 04-05-2011, 05:24 PM   #124
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Rodp. you asked me if noah collected 2 of every animal and squeeze them onto an ark or not . my answer with my head is NO WAY , but i wasnt really there, so i cant prove it , one thing i can say is if it did happen , it was miraculous, moreso than probable , just as jesus feeding 2000 people with one basket of bread rolls , whos to say it did or didnt happen . thats my train of thought , nobody has come back from the dead that i know of to tell me there is life after death, so i wont know untill someone does , or i die , just as you . if you say it isnt true and is impossible , then you are only relying on your own source, not what someone else told you . and you are only one person , people like you tend to rule out all possibilities , that is logical , but it isnt the world we live in mate, evry 50 years or so the world is a different place. there are ancient artifacts seen from the air , such as airport runways , signs etc, that nobody can explain , ruling them out is closed in thought , science doesnt explain everything , and can be challanged and fairly opposed in many things.
Our understanding of what is around us grows every day. It gives us the power to look into the past and determine events with a reasonable certainty. Noah packing on ~10 million animals onto an ark, gathered from all parts of the world? Inconclusive because I wasn't there. Unacceptable.

The acts performed by Jesus were documented well after his death by people that weren't there. Some of them hundreds of years after his death. All we have on these stories is the power to sift through what may be truth and what may be inserted to provide a 'good story'. You seem to work on the basis that anything written in a book describing an event more than say, a generation in the past must be true or at the least, cannot be disproven?
Old 04-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #125
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
i might get shot down in flames for this , but doesn't science tell us that it is impossible for man to go to the moon ? just asking . because we either can go scientifically , or we cant ( van allen belt as the basis of this question )
The quick exposure, the shielding and the sympathetic trajectory taken was considered to pose as minimal risk to the astronauts travelling through them.

There's no science that tells us it's impossible for man to walk on the Moon. Man has achieved it. NASA has submitted proposals for manned missions to Mars. Would be a monumental waste of their time and resources if we're trapped by Van Allen and his pesky belt.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #126
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
i'm going to say , i dont believe we went there , otherwise we'd still be going today with much more technology and safety.+ the little topics of read about the technology and science facts of the van allen belt , once agian though , this is only what i've read the rest ive concluded .
its rational for me to believe that jesus perfomed the impossible with miraculous ability , i dont think mans science is miraculous .
sorry to go off topic , but i find it interesting , and hope it doesnt offend , but this is in the bar , and like i said , i hope a little debate is allowed .
It's interesting to me that you disbelieve one event that many people today were not only witness to, but part of - the data, overwhelming evidence and samples recovered from the Moon by Apollo missions are still studied today. However, you don't question the 'biography' and events of a historic figure by scholars hundreds of years after his death?

It costs tens of billions of dollars to shoot men to the Moon, what purpose would it serve them today? NASA has submitted a proposal at a Mars manned mission, though.

China have declared interest on putting a man on the Moon. I suspect probably for the same reason the US did it, to flex their might. I recall India also had an interest in it but not sure if their intentions were as strong as that of China's.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #127
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
As far as the Mayan calendar goes, the only thing I know about it, is it ends at 2012 and we do not know why.
You know why? Probably because in all of their wisdom they realised there would be a high chance that they wouldn't be around anymore or they where just too lazy.

The calder on my wall only goes to the end of 2011, not to 2911.

The Calender on Windows 7 only goes to 2099, does that mean the end of the world will happen 2099 because the Microsoft Calender has predicted so?
Old 04-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #128
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think it has been proven beyond a doubt that man went to the moon. The Americans did lose the space race however.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:43 PM   #129
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish2
I think it has been proven beyond a doubt that man went to the moon. The Americans did lose the space race however.
No they actually won it by accident.

The first man made object in space was not Sputnik, it was a steel and concrete plug used to fill in the hole in an early underground nuclear test that got ejected during detonation and is STILL travelling.......
Old 05-05-2011, 04:03 AM   #130
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
You know why? Probably because in all of their wisdom they realised there would be a high chance that they wouldn't be around anymore or they where just too lazy.

The calder on my wall only goes to the end of 2011, not to 2911.

The Calender on Windows 7 only goes to 2099, does that mean the end of the world will happen 2099 because the Microsoft Calender has predicted so?
I think you are right, I just don't know if there was a specific reason for ending it at 2012. I don't believe they thought the world was going to end, but there could have been some other significance they had in mind. On the other hand, it could also be by chance. Like people are saying, it couldn't have gone on forever.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:42 PM   #131
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
No they actually won it by accident.

The first man made object in space was not Sputnik, it was a steel and concrete plug used to fill in the hole in an early underground nuclear test that got ejected during detonation and is STILL travelling.......

Ahh but the original gentlemens agreement for the space race was to complete 1 full orbit of the earth with a man. Russia beat them to it. That is when they changed the rules to being the first on the moon.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:23 PM   #132
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I recall watching a special a few weeks ago on TV about all the big natural disasters of late. They had all the people with the tin foil hats on talking about how to survive and bunker down.

Seriously if it were the end of the world which I doubt whats the point in worrying yourself over it.

You can't do anything to stop it and would you really want to survive if at all possible. Just live your life!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:17 PM   #133
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This thread should be retitled 'Blame everything on Christianity Thread'. Should have been closed as soon as the bashing started imo....
Old 05-05-2011, 11:49 PM   #134
pitpal
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You never hear anyone slag off islam or judaism?? Its because christianity is a soft target. Gutless IMO. Just like the spineless fools putting on an offensive concert on good friday!

Was it not prophesised that christianity is to be persecuted in the end days??? Before the terrible judge comes down from above

FOR SALE oil catch cans and cats back exhaust to suit BA|F GT. PM FOR MORE INFO
Old 06-05-2011, 12:04 AM   #135
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's a disgrace, respect is a rare commodity these days.

And yes it was written Christianity would be prosecuted near the end of days, natural disasters, wars, Islam wide spreading. Most of the signs are there (search for green horse on youtube) but some have not yet happened, so unless some dramatic things happen in the next 18 months, the whole 2012 world end thing is rubbish.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:32 AM   #136
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgt146
Some more fuel.....

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and thats what makes everyone different.
My opinion is the bible was formed and has been hacked at over many years.
It was originally designed to control the masses of the people to which is still does to some degree. If you sin you go to hell. Be good or else. Churches still have a great amount of power. Look at George Bush and his buddies. Fortunately the walls are starting to crumble.

The bible forgot to mention reincarnation which just happens to be in every other spiritual religion. Why? For control of the people. When people are scared they can be controlled.

Look at the fear we live in now. Terrorism etc. Life is no different, it has been made out to be different by media, governments, churches and the powers to be. We now perceive life differently.

Does a cow now live in fear of getting blown up? No because life is still the same, no different to the cow. The cow still perceives everyday as another.

As I said everyone is entitled to their own opinions so I don't want to start anything but I believe when you start to look at the broader picture of the jigsaw of life things come together in a different perspective.

And I am not an Alien, I'm your Favourite Martian. :-)
Does a cow have a sense of self?
Old 06-05-2011, 12:34 AM   #137
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
Does a cow have a sense of self?
Old 06-05-2011, 12:37 AM   #138
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Sorry I haven't read the pages of this thread, just the 1st page and a bit...

Just tell me.. has thread covered 9/11...? whether it was an inside job..? NWO? etc etc...? End of the world in 2012?

I was interested in how it started off, but not so interested in how I think it's turned out.. ;)
Old 09-05-2011, 03:40 AM   #139
Texas f-150

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
Sorry I haven't read the pages of this thread, just the 1st page and a bit...

Just tell me.. has thread covered 9/11...? whether it was an inside job..? NWO? etc etc...? End of the world in 2012?

I was interested in how it started off, but not so interested in how I think it's turned out.. ;)
Ill jump in, 911 was a false flag event, and bin laden has been dead for years. Thats why bush said he dosent really think about him (osama)much. because if they caught him people would ask "can we end the war now?" which was not in their intrest. and now that obama has proven to be another lying politician and his numbers were in the shitter, they rolled him out, and bang, 20+point jump in the polls and gadaffi can be the new boogey man.
Old 21-05-2011, 11:48 AM   #140
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Default Mayan's got it wrong, World Ends Today!!!....

World ends on weekend

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/OddS...nd_615294.html

Quote:
Friday, May 20, 2011 » 01:48pm

A Christian cult has revealed that the world will end on Saturday 21st May.

Harold Camping, the 89-year-old founder of a Christian sect that interpretes the Bible's 'numerological' messages, has informed listeners that the world will end on Saturday May 21.

He has based his complex calculations on a model which equates five with 'atonement', ten with 'completeness' and 17 with 'heaven'.

Familyradio.com says God 'wants us to know that exactly 7000 years after He destroyed the world with water in Noah's day, He plans to destroy the entire world forever'.

Some of us will get the weekend off however, as the final fire ball isn't due until October 21st.
Well that throws a spanner in the works, i had plans for the weekend....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 21-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #141
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mayan's got it wrong, World Ends Today!!!....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351
World ends on weekend

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/OddS...nd_615294.html

Well that throws a spanner in the works, i had plans for the weekend....
You have another 12 hours.....get cracking
Old 21-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #142
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas f-150
Ill jump in, 911 was a false flag event, and bin laden has been dead for years. Thats why bush said he dosent really think about him (osama)much. because if they caught him people would ask "can we end the war now?" which was not in their intrest. and now that obama has proven to be another lying politician and his numbers were in the shitter, they rolled him out, and bang, 20+point jump in the polls and gadaffi can be the new boogey man.
If that was the case then don't you think Bush would have used it to stay in office?
Old 21-05-2011, 01:37 PM   #143
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
You have another 12 hours.....get cracking

And i have the Flu, talk about **** timing

Atleast the V8's are on..
Old 21-05-2011, 01:42 PM   #144
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
If that was the case then don't you think Bush would have used it to stay in office?
He did stay in office.
They are only able to run for 2 terms, 8 years max. Then they must bow out and let others have a go.
Old 21-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #145
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Old 21-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #146
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Atleast the V8's are on..
Ahh but what about race 2 ??
Does this mean Whincup is the 2011 champ ??
What about car of the future ??
Is this why TC sold out, coincidence, did he know ??

So many questions, so little time.....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 21-05-2011, 03:07 PM   #147
burnz
VFII SS UTE

are we dead there yet??
Old 21-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #148
__MFP__
XB Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon91
Is this post for real or what!!! If them Mayans where so smart, how did 400 Spanish conquistadors and 1 female traitorous Mayan interpreter wipe them out. They didn't see THAT coming.
I know it has already been mentioned that you are confused with the aztecs instead. so im going a little off topic here but i have to say that the only reason such great cultures (both of them) were wiped out was because of a sickness brought over by the spanish called Smallpox. I think you will find that the Aztecs absolutely ********d the Spanish up combat wise.

ok so back on topic (a little)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgt146
I might also add that not only the Mayan calendar talks of changes in year 2012 but also, Budhism, Hindu, Islam, Christianity and all other religions talk about major changes in and around 2012.
The reason hinduism, buddhism, christianity ect ect all have simmilarities with the Mayan calendar is because they all focus their religion off the sun, except they have given the sun a persona. thats why the religious calendars match up with the Mayan calendar. they are the same thing.

Jesus-25th Dec
the Roman god Sol Invictus-25th Dec
Osirus and Horus-25th Dec
Mithras-25th Dec
and im sure there are others

the Mayans kept it nice and simple if you ask me
Old 21-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #149
buggo
[BU66OS]

I was reading about this, turns out he thought it was meant to be in 1994, however, when the day came and went, turns out he maade some 'mathematical errors'.
Quote:
Harold Camping has warned that the Rapture would come on May 21st 2011 for years, and end nears, many are left questioning if his Prophecy is fake. The Bible has taught Christians to always be ready for the Second Coming of Jesus at any time, sparking Judgement Day predictions throughout history. Even Harold Camping had a previous prediction of the Return of Jesus for the Rapture that was incorrect due to a mathematical error – when his September 1994 date came and went without incident.
Have a read here,

BA XR8 Manual
Old 21-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #150
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

nothing will happen just like y2k and science experiment they were doing last year.
Closed Thread